Applied Materials

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

There was one phone interview. Questions about the education background and PhD experience. The manage also spent 1/3 of the time to explain the daily work over there. 1 onsite interview in 2 weeks. Met 7 people including division manager, group managers, engineers and HR people. Questions are more related hands on experience.

Interview Questions
  • What will you do differently if you do your Phd one more time   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Materials.

Process took 20 days after application. The contact was first through phone screening process and then a phone interview to see if you match their position/group. Then a call and an email to confirm a meeting time that requires a 30 minute presentation, and 30 minute interview with 5 people all at once.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Applied Materials.

I did 45 min presentation with 15 min Q&A. I need to show how to solve the challenging problems. After presentation, 1 or 2 people started to interview me individually. Around 7 people asked technical and behavioral questions in a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Materials in May 2013.

Initiated with phone interview request which was primarily all-technical. Followed up with an on-site interview (no presentation required) which took up the entire day, meeting with nearly all members of the potential group's team.

Be very knowledgeable of the technical aspects of the technologies AMAT works with.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you choose Applied Materials over a competing company?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applied Materials in April 2013.

At least 2 interviews.

Constantly working late and on weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I'm a PhD candidate graduating soon. My advisor was contacted by an employee in AMAT to refer a student intending to work for them. I just submitted my resume and was contacted immediately from them to requesting an on-site job interview. This is just scheduled soon and has not yet held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Materials in March 2013.

Dropped resume at a campus career fair. Got contacted via email a month later. No phone interview. Onsite interview scheduled two weeks afterwards.

Interview lasted half day. A guided tour of the facility and the office with the hiring manager first. Group presentation on latest research results. Interview with the hiring manager and two other managers. Typical HR questions and some technical questions based on resume.

Was promised to hear back in one week but never hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Materials in June 2012.

Applied online. Got a phone call and asked very general questions related my reseach works, the equipments I used, and group I worked.
    Next day got an eamil about site interview after a week. The procedure for interview was as described by the folks in this post.

Interview Questions
    • Explain most challenging situation in your research work.
      Draw a diagram of TEM
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

Question regarding my academic background, explain my achievement, technical questions.
    Why did you apply this job?
    What is your status since I am OPT.
    How much do you know about etching and lithography?

Since, I have professional degree, so it is not hard to answer these things.
    Mostly, they show what skillset I have, what equipment I handled before, what background I have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Materials in April 2011.

One on-campus, followed by one on-site.

Interview Questions
    • What are the High Value Problems for transistors going forward?   Answer Question