Applied Materials Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview, asked some typical questions such as research experience, why choose Applied Materials. On site interview 2 weeks later. That consisted of 8 one-on-one interviews, including a 45 min to 1 hour presentation about my current research. Questions from all those sessions were mostly technical, great discussions on why I chose to take a certain pathway, why my analysis technique revealed certain trends etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you confirm defect sites on the self assembled monolayer you deposited?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

There was one phone interview. Questions about the education background and PhD experience. The manage also spent 1/3 of the time to explain the daily work over there. 1 onsite interview in 2 weeks. Met 7 people including division manager, group managers, engineers and HR people. Questions are more related hands on experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do differently if you do your Phd one more time   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

Process took 20 days after application. The contact was first through phone screening process and then a phone interview to see if you match their position/group. Then a call and an email to confirm a meeting time that requires a 30 minute presentation, and 30 minute interview with 5 people all at once.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and got a phone interview from the hiring manager. The phone interview was less than 30 min and focusing on what I have done during my PhD. No technical question was asked. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question was asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Applied Materials (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I did 45 min presentation with 15 min Q&A. I need to show how to solve the challenging problems. After presentation, 1 or 2 people started to interview me individually. Around 7 people asked technical and behavioral questions in a day.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initiated with phone interview request which was primarily all-technical. Followed up with an on-site interview (no presentation required) which took up the entire day, meeting with nearly all members of the potential group's team.

Be very knowledgeable of the technical aspects of the technologies AMAT works with.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose Applied Materials over a competing company?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applied Materials in April 2013.

Interview

At least 2 interviews.

Constantly working late and on weekends.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

I'm a PhD candidate graduating soon. My advisor was contacted by an employee in AMAT to refer a student intending to work for them. I just submitted my resume and was contacted immediately from them to requesting an on-site job interview. This is just scheduled soon and has not yet held.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Dropped resume at a campus career fair. Got contacted via email a month later. No phone interview. Onsite interview scheduled two weeks afterwards.

Interview lasted half day. A guided tour of the facility and the office with the hiring manager first. Group presentation on latest research results. Interview with the hiring manager and two other managers. Typical HR questions and some technical questions based on resume.

Was promised to hear back in one week but never hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call and asked very general questions related my reseach works, the equipments I used, and group I worked.
    Next day got an eamil about site interview after a week. The procedure for interview was as described by the folks in this post.

Interview Questions

• Explain most challenging situation in your research work.
      Draw a diagram of TEM