Applied Materials Program Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in February 2012.

The hiring manager left a voice message and asked to schedule a 1 hour phone interview. When I called to confirmed, I agreed to make it a face to face on a day when he was in town. One week later, I had the interview. It lasted one hour and we talked in the employee common room. It was large, so there was a sense of privacy. I did not see the work environment or offices. The other employees were dressed business casual. This position was to fill in for an employee who had been promoted or transferred to another department.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with consolidating major systems into one.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Applied Materials in August 2011.

My interview experience with applied materials was extremely frustrating and annoying. I first received a call from the HR to take up the interview on a scheduled date. Telephonic interview was agreed upon by us on May 18th. I gave the interview on the said date and it went quite well. The interviewer was an Indian working in the USA office of applied materials. Before concluding the interview, he said he would notify me by email of the result of the interview, but it would take 1-2 weeks for him to do so. So i waited and in the meantime I found out from the HR in India that I was through to the second round. 2 weeks passed and I received no mail or any communication from anyone. I got in touch with the HR and she said she would mail the person who interviewed me for an update. And believe it or not, this was the reply I got from the HR for the next 2 months. I was a little keen on the role, so I was hopeful and remained in touch with the HR, but to my great annoyance, there was no concrete response. Apparently the person who interviewed me was very busy with his work and could not find time for the next round. Seriously, is it asking for too much on his part to drop a mail saying that he would arrange for the interview shortly? This guy had no courtesy to even send a one liner to me. Talk about unprofessionalism. Finally after a lot of questioning on my part, a date for a second round was fixed. That again got postponed because 'His highness' suddenly became busy. Finally a date was fixed. And it was again a telephonic round. Would you believe it, the HR sent me a number that I needed to call to enter the interview discussion! Why should I need to call for giving an interview? It was a local number, but still ! Well, I did what I was suppoded to do. I called from my mobile and gave the interview. The interview was quite simple and I thought I did well. Again, i was told that i would be informed of the result the very next day. And guess what, I did not receive anything for the next 2 weeks. I was in touch with the HR who by this time was getting annoyed by my persistence. Imagine my plight. The interview had dragged for 3 months and for no fault of mine, the HR gets pissed off at me! Finally I received a mail from the HR after 2 weeks. A blunt email stating that I had no cleared the round. That was it. I believe they were just not keen on hiring for the position and they found it convinient to drop the whole thing by saying I had not passed the interview. This also coincided with the news of recession starting all over again, so that might have also had a say in their decision to not hire me. Of course, it is possible that I might have messed up the interview. But to wait 3 months for 2 rounds of telephonic interviews speaks volumes about the professionalism or the lack of it in Applied Materials. Good luck to others who interview with this company. Hopefully you will have a more pleasant experience compared to mine. But do remember this incident when you have to make a decision about joining this company.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected in the questions that were asked   Answer Question

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!