Applied Materials Software Engineer I Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Materials in January 2011.

The interviewer asked questions on C++ and C#
They are interested in your knowledge about multithreaded programming and concepts
Operating system fundamentals are also expected in details with examples
Software experience and demonstrated proficiency in software development
Be prepared to answer questions about how you used your skills in solving a problem

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Materials

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Materials in January 2009.

First round was an initial screening which consisted of an aptitude paper and a programming paper.
    General aptitude paper was not something really difficult. Just to ensure that we can do math, can solve puzzles and understand logic.
    Programming paper was a C/C++ paper which was again. Brushing up the bit manipulation and pointers would help. Know your OS and Data structure basics.

Those who are selected get to the one on one interviews where the first round results are run through again. Plus the you can expect questions on OS, Data structures etc.
    Interviewers were friendly and helpful. Calm and nice tone.

Interview Questions
    • Bit manipulation. How to detect big/little endian and how to convert values to and from each   Answer Question
    College offer. Nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applied Materials in January 2008.

The interview consisted of a Written Round, In which around 2000 members participated.
    Out of which around 200 were shortlisted for a 1to1 Technical interview followed by a round of HR interview.

Written round N Tech interview had some questions on C, C++ and some aspects of Engineering specific to one's branch of specialization.

HR consisted of basic questions on Educational Background and career goals.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you join our company when u have a better offer else where ?   View Answer