Applied Medical Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
34 interviews

2.4

Product Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in July 2014.

Interview was fairly basic, started out with a brief summary of myself. Most of the questions were related to items on my resume, what challenges I encountered with prior employers, how I met those challenges and so on. No real curveballs or unexpected questions. There was a panel of interviewers who all asked questions in turn, but they didn't break from the standard formula of asking questions about my resume. It was actually quite awkward at times, it didn't seem like the interviewers had any other questions prepared that were unique to the company.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly none of the questions in this interview were relatively difficult or unexpected, as I mentioned, all the questions were related to items on my resume, which I was given a copy of prior to beginning the interview.   Answer Question

Mfg Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in January 2014.

A hiring manager contacted via email for an in-person interview. Then, you showed up with a full room of people. Then, they NEVER tell you by phone or email if you were selected to the next round or rejected. Several emails to the manager were not replied. He (no name disclosed here) ended up blocking my email address.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult at all. All standard questions. It's a panel interview making interfacing very difficult but it saved time for candidates.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2014.

I was contacted for an in person interview after speaking with the recruiters at a career fair. After the career fair, I went online to apply for the positions I was interested in. HR asked me to fill out a paper application to bring to the interview. The interview was a panel style with 5 interviewers in a conference room. They asked about interest in the company, knowledge of the company's products, future career interests, background, skills, and experiences. The interview was 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, just be prepared to describe your career goals and experiences, in addition to your knowledge of the company   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2014.

Very Slow, felt like dealing with people who just started there themselves. The questions felt like they were trying to see if I would fit in with the cool kids. I had heard this company has a very clique like atmosphere and if they like you, you are good, but make someone in the family unhappy and your gone in a flash.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interview was like talking to high school kids   Answer Question

Did not want to go back to high school

Product Development Engineer-Simulation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2014.

All the resumes are directed to email address of department manager you are applying for. So its pretty informal.
    I had two rounds of interview.
    Received first informal call going over my resume from manager within minutes of submitting resume. Scheduled for conference call with panel in two weeks.
    Interview questions were pretty straight forward and short round about 25 mins, as to what i did in previous positions and how i can contribute to this position. Though it was panel interview only one person asked all questions.
    Never received any communication whether they decided to move with another candidate or not even after following up.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2014.

Applying online is extremely difficult. The career fair was the first place where I met their reps and recruiters. Was called and they set up an in person interview.

I was interviewed by 4 members. The first two questions were "do you know about our company's products and the position you are applying for?" If you get these wrong then its pretty much downhill from there as there is one person that interview and sways the opinions of the other members.

3 seemed like ok people. Beware of a young girl that was an 'assistant manager'. She was late to the interview but asks the most questions. She asks questions where if you didn't have the right answer, she would respond with "that wasn't what I was really looking for...but ok...". Sways the other interviewers opinions. For a girl that just graduated and is only a year out of college to talk to new grads like they are next to nothing is not professional.

Interview Questions
    • Is this a stepping stone job or something you would like to do for the foreseeable future?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

If your interview is late in the day, hardly anyone will attend the panel that's supposed to interview you, and those who do attend will be in a bad mood. Try to schedule your interview early in the day!

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking if I worked on the projects I said I did.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2013.

No interviews for interns, if you have a relative working here you've got higher chances

low pay and no benefits

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2010.

One phone call, one 30-45 minute in person interview with a random assortment of questions regarding my resume (this was for a first full time job straight out of college). Interview process is not organized, be prepared by being able to explain and sell the skills you've learned from projects and previous work experience. The work culture and people are friendly, positive, and open. Many are overworked but still willing to help.

Interview Questions
    • Behavorial and personality questions. (I.e. what was most challenging about this project, tell me about how you learned about...)   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. Standard offer, tried to discuss offer and received a vague response from HR.

Process Engineer Interview

Over the phone interview and basically went over my resume and asked for info based on what I wrote on theor

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have any difficulty answering any of the questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Applied Medical? Contribute to the Community!