Applied Medical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mfg Process Engineer Interview

Mfg Process Engineer
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in January 2014.

Interview Details – A hiring manager contacted via email for an in-person interview. Then, you showed up with a full room of people. Then, they NEVER tell you by phone or email if you were selected to the next round or rejected. Several emails to the manager were not replied. He (no name disclosed here) ended up blocking my email address.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all. All standard questions. It's a panel interview making interfacing very difficult but it saved time for candidates.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted for an in person interview after speaking with the recruiters at a career fair. After the career fair, I went online to apply for the positions I was interested in. HR asked me to fill out a paper application to bring to the interview. The interview was a panel style with 5 interviewers in a conference room. They asked about interest in the company, knowledge of the company's products, future career interests, background, skills, and experiences. The interview was 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just be prepared to describe your career goals and experiences, in addition to your knowledge of the company   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very Slow, felt like dealing with people who just started there themselves. The questions felt like they were trying to see if I would fit in with the cool kids. I had heard this company has a very clique like atmosphere and if they like you, you are good, but make someone in the family unhappy and your gone in a flash.

Interview Question – None, the interview was like talking to high school kids   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to go back to high school

Product Development Engineer-Simulation Interview

Product Development Engineer-Simulation
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2014.

Interview Details – All the resumes are directed to email address of department manager you are applying for. So its pretty informal.
I had two rounds of interview.
Received first informal call going over my resume from manager within minutes of submitting resume. Scheduled for conference call with panel in two weeks.
Interview questions were pretty straight forward and short round about 25 mins, as to what i did in previous positions and how i can contribute to this position. Though it was panel interview only one person asked all questions.
Never received any communication whether they decided to move with another candidate or not even after following up.

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applying online is extremely difficult. The career fair was the first place where I met their reps and recruiters. Was called and they set up an in person interview.

I was interviewed by 4 members. The first two questions were "do you know about our company's products and the position you are applying for?" If you get these wrong then its pretty much downhill from there as there is one person that interview and sways the opinions of the other members.

3 seemed like ok people. Beware of a young girl that was an 'assistant manager'. She was late to the interview but asks the most questions. She asks questions where if you didn't have the right answer, she would respond with "that wasn't what I was really looking for...but ok...". Sways the other interviewers opinions. For a girl that just graduated and is only a year out of college to talk to new grads like they are next to nothing is not professional.

Interview Question – Is this a stepping stone job or something you would like to do for the foreseeable future?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Applied Medical

Interview Details – If your interview is late in the day, hardly anyone will attend the panel that's supposed to interview you, and those who do attend will be in a bad mood. Try to schedule your interview early in the day!

Interview Question – They kept asking if I worked on the projects I said I did.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Medical in April 2013.

Interview Details – No interviews for interns, if you have a relative working here you've got higher chances

Reason for Declining – low pay and no benefits

Process Development Engineer Interview

Process Development Engineer
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical in May 2010.

Interview Details – One phone call, one 30-45 minute in person interview with a random assortment of questions regarding my resume (this was for a first full time job straight out of college). Interview process is not organized, be prepared by being able to explain and sell the skills you've learned from projects and previous work experience. The work culture and people are friendly, positive, and open. Many are overworked but still willing to help.

Interview Question – Behavorial and personality questions. (I.e. what was most challenging about this project, tell me about how you learned about...)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Standard offer, tried to discuss offer and received a vague response from HR.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Applied Medical

Interview Details – Over the phone interview and basically went over my resume and asked for info based on what I wrote on theor

Interview Question – Didn't really have any difficulty answering any of the questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Technician Interview

Engineer Technician
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview Details – Spoke to recruiter at Career Fair. Received a call a few weeks later, then a 3 way phone interview after. Received job offer (verbal and informal email) from Chen Weng. Then they asked me to interview again, but then no formal job offer was given.

Worked for Applied Medical? Contribute to the Community!