Applied Medical Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

The interview process was curtailed much for me since i was recommended by an employee. There was a part where I was taken into the supervisor's office and quizzed on various things, and also i think it served as a personality test to check for any obvious issues.

Interview Questions

• Asked how many "thou" the various fractional inch measurements are.
      Asked what happens when you add a gears to a drive shaft.

1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I had a conference call like phone interview with three people. They were engineers working in the field that I was applying for.They asked generic questions based off my resume and about any machining experience. They also asked about my college and courses they teach and that I will take. They did not as anything specific about the job that was going to be done, but wanted to know my personality and past experience.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of about 5/6 people who were all very friendly and welcoming. They began by explaining more about the company and background. Then they took turns asking questions regarding your resume and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding your previous career. "Name a time..." "What is a situation.." "How would you.." and so forth   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Medical (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university and got an email within 2 months. Talked to an engineer for about 45 minutes about various projects and professional experience on my resume. He asked pretty standard questions and I was able to prepare pretty well for them just by going over my resume and learning points.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Applied Medical in January 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair and was contacted later for a phone screening. Several days after the phone screening, I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next week and was very brief. I never heard back from the company after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you use mechanical engineering in your hobbies?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applied Medical in December 2014.

Interview

I was asked about my previous jobs and what my responsibilities were. I then, applied my responsibilities to what I was applying for. Other than that, they were pretty common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• List a challenge at work and how you fixed/overcame it?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

45 minute phone call screen with a panel of interviewers. On site interview with 5-6 interviewers present. Interviewers were young, unorganized ans uninterested. Toured the facilities following the interview and was told I would be contacted within a week. I did not hear back after a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain something technical and hands on you do in your free time.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Applied Medical.

Interview

I met Applied Medical at a career fair at my university. The lady I talked to was very nice and she was from the Process Engineering department. They liked me so they asked me to fill out an online application. This consisted of stating your experience and education. They also asked about your hobbies. This was a nice change from most interviews. After submitting the application, I had a 30 min phone call from another Process Engineer. There were about 5 or 6 engineers in the room asking me questions. Once again, I was asked about my hobbies. They also asked some technical questions about "tolerance" and SolidWorks. The phone call went well and they told me I'd hear back in 1-2 weeks. I actually didn't hear back for 4 weeks. Apparently the HR department was having some difficulties. But they hired me and I took the position

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online received a call within an hour to schedule a phone screening. After phone screening there were two panel style in person interviews. Everyone was helpful and friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how I handle myself when managing others.   Answer Question

Salary offer was below industry standard and no room for negotiations.

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Three level interview process including Local Manager, Zone Director, GM. Will not interview candidates who have worked for Johnson & Johnson. Only use approved recruiters, who agree to discounted fees. Having a friend or relative that works there is a major advantage.

Quirky company culture