Applied Micro Circuits

Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple interviewers but they mostly asked all the same questions. The standard seemed ot be part technical knowledge & I prepped by studying their product line, but they didn't ask much in that area. The rest was process & personality. Fortunately, everyone I spoke to was pretty reasonable & felt I breezed through this area. By was of reference, byt the time I was called in, my impression was the job was mine unless I screwed up the interview or didn't get along with one of the interviewers.

Interview Question – Who was your most difficult colleague or manager & how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here is what we're paying. We believe it is competitive (& it was).

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2011.

Interview Details – It went very very smooth

Interview Question – What do you hate about this job   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The place was too crowded and damp

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the manager. Just a quick confirmation on availability and past experience.
Onsite interview - consisted of 6 people. 2 managers, 3 engineers, and hr.

It was weird being interview by a board designer since I was applying for an AE job.

Interview Questions

• Design a power supply filter with suppression for 200MHz.   View Answer
  • Explain the initialization sequence of PCIE   View Answer
  • What mathematical method to determine the maximum/minimum point of an arbitrary waveform   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in May 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was quite brief (about 10~15min). They asked about my background and recent work, no technical questions. In a few days, they asked me to come for an onsite interview. Questions were not tough, fairly reasonable undergraduate level. I thought I did not bad, but it turned out that I should have been perfect, 'cause the questions were easy. Questions were quite fundamental things, so any missed answer might make them think I am on the shallow basis without through fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• FIFO questions; how do you calculate enough FIFO size when the input rate is N, and the output rate is M.   View Answer
  • which is hard to fix -- setup violation or hold violation? And why?   View Answers (3)

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in April 2011.

Interview Details – Face to face interviews and telephonic intervies.

Interview Question – Nothing. It was an easy one.   Answer Question

Senior Software Validation Engineer Interview

Senior Software Validation Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in September 2009.

Interview Details – 10 rounds of interview.Mostly of repeated questions from various people. Need to learn the Linux ,OS concepts,Scripting like Perl and Shell and Project development and Management activities,SDLC,STLC,Testing.Defect Cycle,SATA,PCIE,USB Protocol

Interview Question – Technical questions related to Automation ,Scripting ,Coding in C,C++   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is nothing got accepted from the company side.But since i need it ,i got the same whatever offered

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in May 2010.

Interview Details – the in-person interviews is conducted by the senior engineers and managers. It takes about 6 hours.

Interview Question – the delay of the circuit   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in February 2010.

Interview Details – Several rounds of technical Interview from engineers and managers from both US and AMCC Pune. Mostly interviewed on technical areas. Take a lot of time before they call you for a face to face interview. Interview complication level was average.

Negotiation Details – They were not negotiating with the salary.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in November 2009.

Interview Details – DRC? ERC? LVS? RCX? Physical design? Mim Cap

Interview Questions

Worked for Applied Micro Circuits? Contribute to the Community!