Applied Micro Circuits Interview Questions

2.7

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2009.

Multiple interviewers but they mostly asked all the same questions. The standard seemed ot be part technical knowledge & I prepped by studying their product line, but they didn't ask much in that area. The rest was process & personality. Fortunately, everyone I spoke to was pretty reasonable & felt I breezed through this area. By was of reference, byt the time I was called in, my impression was the job was mine unless I screwed up the interview or didn't get along with one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Who was your most difficult colleague or manager & how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    Here is what we're paying. We believe it is competitive (& it was).

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2011.

It went very very smooth

Interview Questions

The place was too crowded and damp

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in March 2012.

Phone interview with the manager. Just a quick confirmation on availability and past experience.
    Onsite interview - consisted of 6 people. 2 managers, 3 engineers, and hr.

It was weird being interview by a board designer since I was applying for an AE job.

Interview Questions
    • Design a power supply filter with suppression for 200MHz.   View Answer
    • Explain the initialization sequence of PCIE   View Answer
    • What mathematical method to determine the maximum/minimum point of an arbitrary waveform   View Answer

Got another offer

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in May 2009.

Phone interview was quite brief (about 10~15min). They asked about my background and recent work, no technical questions. In a few days, they asked me to come for an onsite interview. Questions were not tough, fairly reasonable undergraduate level. I thought I did not bad, but it turned out that I should have been perfect, 'cause the questions were easy. Questions were quite fundamental things, so any missed answer might make them think I am on the shallow basis without through fundamentals.

Interview Questions
    • FIFO questions; how do you calculate enough FIFO size when the input rate is N, and the output rate is M.   View Answer
    • which is hard to fix -- setup violation or hold violation? And why?   View Answers (3)

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in April 2011.

Face to face interviews and telephonic intervies.

Senior Software Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in September 2009.

10 rounds of interview.Mostly of repeated questions from various people. Need to learn the Linux ,OS concepts,Scripting like Perl and Shell and Project development and Management activities,SDLC,STLC,Testing.Defect Cycle,SATA,PCIE,USB Protocol

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to Automation ,Scripting ,Coding in C,C++   Answer Question
    There is nothing got accepted from the company side.But since i need it ,i got the same whatever offered

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in May 2010.

the in-person interviews is conducted by the senior engineers and managers. It takes about 6 hours.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in February 2010.

Several rounds of technical Interview from engineers and managers from both US and AMCC Pune. Mostly interviewed on technical areas. Take a lot of time before they call you for a face to face interview. Interview complication level was average.

They were not negotiating with the salary.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in November 2009.

DRC? ERC? LVS? RCX? Physical design? Mim Cap

Interview Questions

Worked for Applied Micro Circuits? Contribute to the Community!