Applied Micro Circuits

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Micro Circuits in May 2009.

Phone interview was quite brief (about 10~15min). They asked about my background and recent work, no technical questions. In a few days, they asked me to come for an onsite interview. Questions were not tough, fairly reasonable undergraduate level. I thought I did not bad, but it turned out that I should have been perfect, 'cause the questions were easy. Questions were quite fundamental things, so any missed answer might make them think I am on the shallow basis without through fundamentals.

Interview Questions
  • FIFO questions; how do you calculate enough FIFO size when the input rate is N, and the output rate is M.   View Answer
  • which is hard to fix -- setup violation or hold violation? And why?   View Answers (3)