Applied Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.9

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Applied Systems in May 2012.

Interviewed with the Dept.'s VP 1st. Then interviewed for 2 positions; each with the boss os that team and the supervisor. I found out later that day I got one of the two.

None

Support Tech Interview

Had to take online testing that took over an hour. Problem solving questions and patterns. Asked about 200 questions where questions are asked 4 or 5 different ways and you have to answer them all the same. Waited a while for a call back. Went in to interview. Met with a few managers all of ONE department. Received job offer a few weeks later. Make sure to negotiate salary. They low ball on the first number.

Interview Questions
    • I've interviewed a lot. They didn't ask me anything I hadn't been asked before.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

I met them at a career fair and I contacted them through email. After a short while from hearing back from them we scheduled a phone interview. After that they went through there process and I was on of the interns they hired. They did a great job with keeping in contact with me and letting me know what was going on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. It was mostly about my experience and what I kind of projects I have completed. A list of projects I completed would have been helpful to have since I was trying to remember from the top of my head what I have done. Over all it was a fairly laid back interview process. I never had to go in for a in person interview. However, I would imagine it is somewhat more rigorous for full time employment.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in February 2014.

Phone interview, testing, then on-premise interview

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in July 2010.

Interview process involved Manager and senior programmer. Interview involved technical aspects of Windows and .NET development, software development process, and deployment.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was a straight forward and upfront discussion. It did not involve level of difficulty or 'left field' questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was mostly driven by HR

Support Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Systems.

I applied for the support tech job without any idea what I was applying for, it was extremely vague by its description.
    I interviewed with the VP of support, who was an extremely nice and pleasant man, the interview went well and I went on to meet with the hiring manager.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Systems in January 2013.

Three individuals, including the VP of Creative Marketing interviewed me and it was a blast. It was challenging, but they were able to read my abilities 100% accurately.

Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Systems in March 2010.

Phone call followed by an online questionnaire with some logic and spot-the-difference questions and then a formal interview. Questions were pretty simple, what you know, how school went, any previous job experience, asked several questions about programming, what inheritance/polymorphism was, write a quick algorithm to shuffle a deck of cards. After that had a meeting with HR about benefits and salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was being asked to write a program on paper to shuffle a deck of cards.   Answer Question
    They called me and gave me a #.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Systems in May 2012.

The VP is very inexperienced as a VP and lacks confidence in herself. During the interview she directly stated to me that she did not want to discuss any of the products and services of the company. Additionally, she also told me on the very front in of my interview that it was Friday and she liked to leave early. I was rather shocked that she said all that she did to a potential candidate. I knew immediately that the interview was over. Especially after anything that I know and she did not know she was like "oh yea I knew that." Upon my leaving the facility she speed away and pretended like she did not even see me walking out of the building.Its rather unfortunate, I think its a great company with great potential but the recent new VP probably won't stay very long.

Support Technician Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in April 2012.

First, Applied Systems was at my career fair. I talked to the HR recruiter about the various positions available. I applied online and got an email a few weeks later saying that the recruiter wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. I conducted the phone interview and afterwards she told me to fill out some paperwork online. The paperwork consisted of an online application, a long-form application, a personality test, and an assessment test. I completed all those and emailed them to the recruiter the same day I had my phone interview. The recruiter called me the next day saying that the vice president of customer support wanted to conduct an on-site interview. The on-site interview was about 2 weeks later and was about a little over an hour long. It was broken up into two sessional interviews, one with the VP of customer support and the other with two supervisors. Each lasted about 30 minutes each. Had a follow up with the recruiter afterwards telling me they will let me know by tomorrow. The next day, the recruiter called me telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about your past work experience?   Answer Question
    • What do you know, from your research, about Applied Systems?   Answer Question

Worked for Applied Systems? Contribute to the Community!