Applied Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Tech Interview

Support Tech

Interviewed at Applied Systems

Interview Details – Had to take online testing that took over an hour. Problem solving questions and patterns. Asked about 200 questions where questions are asked 4 or 5 different ways and you have to answer them all the same. Waited a while for a call back. Went in to interview. Met with a few managers all of ONE department. Received job offer a few weeks later. Make sure to negotiate salary. They low ball on the first number.

Interview Question – I've interviewed a lot. They didn't ask me anything I hadn't been asked before.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

Interviewed at Applied Systems

Interview Details – I met them at a career fair and I contacted them through email. After a short while from hearing back from them we scheduled a phone interview. After that they went through there process and I was on of the interns they hired. They did a great job with keeping in contact with me and letting me know what was going on.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward. It was mostly about my experience and what I kind of projects I have completed. A list of projects I completed would have been helpful to have since I was trying to remember from the top of my head what I have done. Over all it was a fairly laid back interview process. I never had to go in for a in person interview. However, I would imagine it is somewhat more rigorous for full time employment.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Clerical
University Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, testing, then on-premise interview

Interview Question – Wunderlic personality testing. It was ALL weird.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process involved Manager and senior programmer. Interview involved technical aspects of Windows and .NET development, software development process, and deployment.

Interview Question – Interview process was a straight forward and upfront discussion. It did not involve level of difficulty or 'left field' questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mostly driven by HR

Support Tech Interview

Support Tech

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Systems.

Interview Details – I applied for the support tech job without any idea what I was applying for, it was extremely vague by its description.
I interviewed with the VP of support, who was an extremely nice and pleasant man, the interview went well and I went on to meet with the hiring manager.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details – Three individuals, including the VP of Creative Marketing interviewed me and it was a blast. It was challenging, but they were able to read my abilities 100% accurately.

Interview Question – Have you ever been on a boat? (Creative Open-ended question)   View Answers (23)

Developer I Interview

Developer I
University Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call followed by an online questionnaire with some logic and spot-the-difference questions and then a formal interview. Questions were pretty simple, what you know, how school went, any previous job experience, asked several questions about programming, what inheritance/polymorphism was, write a quick algorithm to shuffle a deck of cards. After that had a meeting with HR about benefits and salary negotiations.

Interview Question – Most difficult was being asked to write a program on paper to shuffle a deck of cards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me and gave me a #.

Client Partner Interview

Client Partner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – The VP is very inexperienced as a VP and lacks confidence in herself. During the interview she directly stated to me that she did not want to discuss any of the products and services of the company. Additionally, she also told me on the very front in of my interview that it was Friday and she liked to leave early. I was rather shocked that she said all that she did to a potential candidate. I knew immediately that the interview was over. Especially after anything that I know and she did not know she was like "oh yea I knew that." Upon my leaving the facility she speed away and pretended like she did not even see me walking out of the building.Its rather unfortunate, I think its a great company with great potential but the recent new VP probably won't stay very long.

Interview Question – How do you hire people ?   Answer Question

Support Technician Accounting Interview

Support Technician Accounting
University Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – First, Applied Systems was at my career fair. I talked to the HR recruiter about the various positions available. I applied online and got an email a few weeks later saying that the recruiter wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. I conducted the phone interview and afterwards she told me to fill out some paperwork online. The paperwork consisted of an online application, a long-form application, a personality test, and an assessment test. I completed all those and emailed them to the recruiter the same day I had my phone interview. The recruiter called me the next day saying that the vice president of customer support wanted to conduct an on-site interview. The on-site interview was about 2 weeks later and was about a little over an hour long. It was broken up into two sessional interviews, one with the VP of customer support and the other with two supervisors. Each lasted about 30 minutes each. Had a follow up with the recruiter afterwards telling me they will let me know by tomorrow. The next day, the recruiter called me telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Systems Operations Technician I Interview

Systems Operations Technician I
University Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process began online with a skills test. Once brought in, you complete the skills test to verify that you were the original test taker. From there, you will interview with your direct supervisor. It then took around 4 days to hear from HR that they were interested and present an offer letter.

Interview Question – Most difficult objection to overcome as a sales person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Ask for as much as you would like... if it's reasonable, they will accept.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Systems

Worked for Applied Systems? Contribute to the Community!