Applied Systems

Employer Engaged

Applied Systems Software Developer Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Systems in December 2011.

I went to the career fair at my school and talked to representatives of about ten different software companies, Applied Systems was the only one to contact me. They had me answer two questionnaires, one involved math and was timed, the other was a personality test. After completing those tests, he sent me a long form application to fill out. After that was done, we set up an interview. I came in, talked to him for 15 mins, went and spoke with two managers individually for half an hour a piece, then went back to him after. One manager asked me to write a program to shuffle a deck of cards on a piece of paper in front of him. I had been told by HR there would be no programming during the 1:1 interview but I guess he lied. A couple weeks later the HR guy called me again and I went in for another interview. This time the two managers seemed to mostly be interested in specific details of projects that I worked on several years prior. Seeing as how I don't have any of my old homework memorized, I didn't do well in the interview. Overall, the employees all seemed very nice, the campus the building is located on is beautiful, but the area it's located in is not the nicest part of Chicagoland.

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Systems

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Systems in July 2010.

Interview process involved Manager and senior programmer. Interview involved technical aspects of Windows and .NET development, software development process, and deployment.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was a straight forward and upfront discussion. It did not involve level of difficulty or 'left field' questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was mostly driven by HR

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applied Systems in March 2010.

Met with the Software development Vice President and Manager. Discussed education, experience, and completed a programming test.

They gave me a few scenarios and how would I handle them, a written programming test which consisted of writing a simple algorithm to solve a basic / simple problem in a programming language I am familiar with. We reviewed and discussed a few other job related issues.

Interview Questions

Was verbally offered 53K and pressured to accept it over the phone. I told them i wanted to see the written offer before I committed. I'm glad I did, because the writen offer was for 49K. Quite a difference, and they tried to say that I misheard, which is hard to do with those two numbers. Besides I am making 56K in Milwaukee at a LOWER cost of living...

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Applied Systems in April 2012.

It was a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter asked general resume questions and about past projects. He said he would consider me for the position and send my info to the hiring manager at their Mississauga location. I received a rejection email two weeks later.