Applied Systems

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process involved Manager and senior programmer. Interview involved technical aspects of Windows and .NET development, software development process, and deployment.

Interview Question – Interview process was a straight forward and upfront discussion. It did not involve level of difficulty or 'left field' questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mostly driven by HR

University Park, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Systems in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the career fair at my school and talked to representatives of about ten different software companies, Applied Systems was the only one to contact me. They had me answer two questionnaires, one involved math and was timed, the other was a personality test. After completing those tests, he sent me a long form application to fill out. After that was done, we set up an interview. I came in, talked to him for 15 mins, went and spoke with two managers individually for half an hour a piece, then went back to him after. One manager asked me to write a program to shuffle a deck of cards on a piece of paper in front of him. I had been told by HR there would be no programming during the 1:1 interview but I guess he lied. A couple weeks later the HR guy called me again and I went in for another interview. This time the two managers seemed to mostly be interested in specific details of projects that I worked on several years prior. Seeing as how I don't have any of my old homework memorized, I didn't do well in the interview. Overall, the employees all seemed very nice, the campus the building is located on is beautiful, but the area it's located in is not the nicest part of Chicagoland.

Interview Questions

University Park, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the Software development Vice President and Manager. Discussed education, experience, and completed a programming test.

They gave me a few scenarios and how would I handle them, a written programming test which consisted of writing a simple algorithm to solve a basic / simple problem in a programming language I am familiar with. We reviewed and discussed a few other job related issues.

Interview Question – What have you heard about Applied?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was verbally offered 53K and pressured to accept it over the phone. I told them i wanted to see the written offer before I committed. I'm glad I did, because the writen offer was for 49K. Quite a difference, and they tried to say that I misheard, which is hard to do with those two numbers. Besides I am making 56K in Milwaukee at a LOWER cost of living...

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Systems in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter asked general resume questions and about past projects. He said he would consider me for the position and send my info to the hiring manager at their Mississauga location. I received a rejection email two weeks later.

Interview Question – Please review past projects and what was your role.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Applied Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Systems Videos

Applied Systems – Why Work for Us?

Applied is recognized as a pioneer in agency and broker management systems and data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Our insurance software and data exchange technology have revolutionized… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Systems Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applied Systems employees and interview candidates.