Applied Underwriters

Very Easy Interview

Financial Technical Analyst Interview

Financial Technical Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Underwriters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening from HR. Invite to engage in a battery of standardized testing in their Foster City office and then an official on-sight a few days later.

Arriving on-sight is creepy. BIg empty office with a fake boardroom, just a phone saying 'Pick up' Then HR emerges from the walls. The tests were the Wonderlick test (like the ones given to DFL draft prospects) and the Computer Programmer's Aptitude Battery Test. Both are timed and easy. You are then escorted out and reminded to come back for the next hr hoop to jump through.

3rd interview was the "technical" interview, however it was all just background review and standard soft skills questions (how do you resolve conflict, what's your greatest weakness....)

Interview Question – Just the standardized tests stuff   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got a creepy vibe from the team members, they were all clearly over worked and not super happy where they were. Just ok benefits that would have taken 4 months to kick in. Completely archaic development environment (as described to me). But what really did it was when I asked for time to consider another offer, they threatened to rescind the original offer...that told me everything I needed to know about the position, management culture and vision. I rejected the offer soon after.

Worked for Applied Underwriters? Contribute to the Community!