Applied Underwriters Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

Called into the office to take a personality assessment and Wonderlic test. Was taken into an office and asked about my ideal position. Then was told that a different recruiter would contact me. I was called by a different recruiter and then invited in to speak with him. I was asked again about my ideal postion and was given a tour, company information and benefits information. I was subjected to a social media check and a background check.I was offered a position that was conditional pending my results. I was officially offered a potion over the phone when the checks came back.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard written testing. Personality, Sales Apptitude, timed Wonderlic. If an applicant scores above 'their' bar, then live interviewing with Leaders begins. Couple hours of expectable and reasonable back and forth with 2-3-4 people. Then, decision point.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a business situation that did not result to expectation.   Answer Question
    • Describe what you liked most about a certain job/position.   Answer Question

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Foster City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn, was very nice, helpful, and communicative (as most recruiters are). Steps seem to be: resume submission, phone interview with recruiter, standardized exams, on-site interview. The standardized exams I had to take were: Wonderlic, CPAB (computer programming aptitude battery test), NEO (non-timed personality assessment). He gave me a week between telling me what the exams were and actually taking them, for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Even though I have a graduate-level Ivy League education, I do not do well on standardized tests so I did not pass the standardized test step of the process. It is unclear whether I was rejected based on the behavioral or one of the aptitude exam results. It may be relevant to the reader's interests that while I was given a week to prepare for the exams I did not actually prepare for them because I suddenly found permanent housing in the area and had to move during that week.   1 Answer

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had to take a personality and clerical test. Easy. Then the interview after. Just going over what the job entails, what positions would work for me and my background that I have. Any questions I have for the, then a walk around the building of where I could be working.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical. What do you want out of a career   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't do a negotiation, wonder if I should have?

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Applied Underwriters in July 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a recruiter, one trip onsite (in Foster City) to take the tests (easy), then one interview with upper management and the team leader. The recruiter was awesome and very helpful through the whole process, the team leader seemed amazing but upper management was difficult. Emphasize that you like programming!

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

Called in for a personality & problem solving test. After I was finished, I spoke with a recruiter who talked to me more about the position rather than asking my experience. We discussed salary and benefits then she took me on a tour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The hiring process begins with a phone interview. If you are selected AU will call you in to take a Wonderlic test. Assuming you score high enough they will call you back in for a standard interview. I think they also administered a personality test at the same time as the Wonderlic test.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard. They want to know more about your personality during the final in person interview. At that point they have already established that you are intelligent enough to perform the job, they just want to know if you can handle the stress and intensity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Everyone begins at the same salary for the above stated position. Salary is adjusted for inflation yearly.

Claims Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed by phone then came in for testing - personality and IQ test. That went well and I interviewed with HR and Department staff. They are now doing a background check.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a co-worker that was difficult to manage?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. After a brief telephone interview I was asked to come in and take some assessments. One was a personality test, the other was to test intelligence. After the testing I was brought in to speak with a recruiter. They asked me some very simple questions and said they didn't think I was right for the position I applied for, but that I would be great for something else. I was called a few days later and offered the new position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like whether I enjoyed working with people or being behind the scenes.   Answer Question

Financial Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Applied Underwriters (Foster City, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screening from HR. Invite to engage in a battery of standardized testing in their Foster City office and then an official on-sight a few days later.

Arriving on-sight is creepy. BIg empty office with a fake boardroom, just a phone saying 'Pick up' Then HR emerges from the walls. The tests were the Wonderlick test (like the ones given to DFL draft prospects) and the Computer Programmer's Aptitude Battery Test. Both are timed and easy. You are then escorted out and reminded to come back for the next hr hoop to jump through.

3rd interview was the "technical" interview, however it was all just background review and standard soft skills questions (how do you resolve conflict, what's your greatest weakness....)

Interview Questions

• Just the standardized tests stuff   1 Answer

I got a creepy vibe from the team members, they were all clearly over worked and not super happy where they were. Just ok benefits that would have taken 4 months to kick in. Completely archaic development environment (as described to me). But what really did it was when I asked for time to consider another offer, they threatened to rescind the original offer...that told me everything I needed to know about the position, management culture and vision. I rejected the offer soon after.