Applied Underwriters

Relevance Date Difficulty

All Interview

All
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview Details – Had to take a personality and clerical test. Easy. Then the interview after. Just going over what the job entails, what positions would work for me and my background that I have. Any questions I have for the, then a walk around the building of where I could be working.

Interview Question – The questions were very typical. What do you want out of a career   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't do a negotiation, wonder if I should have?

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster Interview

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with a phone interview. If you are selected AU will call you in to take a Wonderlic test. Assuming you score high enough they will call you back in for a standard interview. I think they also administered a personality test at the same time as the Wonderlic test.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. They want to know more about your personality during the final in person interview. At that point they have already established that you are intelligent enough to perform the job, they just want to know if you can handle the stress and intensity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Everyone begins at the same salary for the above stated position. Salary is adjusted for inflation yearly.

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager

Interviewed at Applied Underwriters

Interview Details – Interviewed by phone then came in for testing - personality and IQ test. That went well and I interviewed with HR and Department staff. They are now doing a background check.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a co-worker that was difficult to manage?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Claims Interview

Claims

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called a few days later. After a brief telephone interview I was asked to come in and take some assessments. One was a personality test, the other was to test intelligence. After the testing I was brought in to speak with a recruiter. They asked me some very simple questions and said they didn't think I was right for the position I applied for, but that I would be great for something else. I was called a few days later and offered the new position.

Interview Question – Basic questions like whether I enjoyed working with people or being behind the scenes.   Answer Question

Product Underwriter Interview

Product Underwriter
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Applied Underwriters in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very quick. I received a call after posting my resume on the internet to them, went in the next day and did some insurance industry profiling LIMRA testing, got invited back for a personal interview with Sales Director then had a second interview with Sales Director and Team Leader.

Interview Question – I dont' recall there being tough questions or even very probing questions. They were mainly concerned whether I thought I would be better at the large product EquityComp, or the smaller one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, its a take it or leave it contract with commission subject to change at the whim of management.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Technical Analyst Interview

Financial Technical Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Underwriters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening from HR. Invite to engage in a battery of standardized testing in their Foster City office and then an official on-sight a few days later.

Arriving on-sight is creepy. BIg empty office with a fake boardroom, just a phone saying 'Pick up' Then HR emerges from the walls. The tests were the Wonderlick test (like the ones given to DFL draft prospects) and the Computer Programmer's Aptitude Battery Test. Both are timed and easy. You are then escorted out and reminded to come back for the next hr hoop to jump through.

3rd interview was the "technical" interview, however it was all just background review and standard soft skills questions (how do you resolve conflict, what's your greatest weakness....)

Interview Question – Just the standardized tests stuff   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got a creepy vibe from the team members, they were all clearly over worked and not super happy where they were. Just ok benefits that would have taken 4 months to kick in. Completely archaic development environment (as described to me). But what really did it was when I asked for time to consider another offer, they threatened to rescind the original offer...that told me everything I needed to know about the position, management culture and vision. I rejected the offer soon after.

Account Clerk Interview

Account Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview Details – After online application, I was brought in to HR to do a brief skills assessment and personality profile.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview Details – I was called in for an initial interview about 2 weeks after submitting an application. To begin I had a phone interview. Then I was invited to an interview, which consisted of a test to gauge personality and mental ability. After the test they will sit you down ask you a couple questions and then give you a chance to ask questions. About one week after this test/interview I was called to schedule a second interview. At the second interview I was asked a few questions and the test results were discussed. After the interview I was informed that I would be contacted within one week and informed whether or not I had been selected for the job.

Interview Question – "What are your personal plans for the next five years."   Answer Question

Payroll Clerk Interview

Payroll Clerk
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Applied Underwriters in January 2008.

Interview Details – You took a test met with a general company recruiter first, then if you moved on you spoke to the manager of the dept you would be working in. You have to complete on of their applications while you are there. The questions are pretty basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Applied Underwriters in April 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with an IQ test followed by a personality test. Then had a 1:1 interview with an HR rep. Got a call back and setup the second round of interviews with the same HR rep then moved on to the Business Development Managers. The interview questions are pretty standard, describe a time this happened, strengths, weaknesses that sort of thing. Interview with the managers was very position related

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The position required you to be on the phone all day, not something I wanted to do.

Worked for Applied Underwriters? Contribute to the Community!