Applied Value Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Applied Value in February 2014.

Had a meeting before the interview, along with an SAT-style math test (not particularly difficult). The interview itself was a brief 10-minute conversation with usual fit / behavioral questions, followed by a straightforward 20-minute business case that seemed to emphasize idea generation and thoroughness over the quantitative side.

Interview Questions
    • Received a business case with some basic profit / revenue questions, followed by exploration into the revenue side with discussion of different methods of increasing revenue.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

interviewed at Applied Value in January 2013.

Campus recruiting. One hour interview with probably 20 minutes of behavioral, then 30 minutes on case, came right out of case in point book about credit card 50 dollar fee, then ten minutes wrap-up about what industry youre interested in.

Interview Questions
    • the quant test you take was pretty difficult; brush up on percentages/gmat/gre math questions relating to businesses.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Value in May 2012.

Applied through school. Had a phone interview that involved some fit questions including why consulting, etc. Also had a case that took up most of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In terms of surface area, how many pizzas are eaten in the United States every week.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Brief screening interview. Interviewer asked why I wanted to be a consultant and gave me 2 relatively easy market-sizing cases. I subsequently went into the office for an in-person interview and received a quant test and another, more detailed case interview that was guided by the consultant (a la McKinsey).

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected--just standard interview questions and cases.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Applied Value in May 2011.

I received a phone call and was asked some questions pertaining to economic conditions. After completing a short case over the phone guided by the interviewer, I was asked further fit questions. More skills-measurement questions were also asked, and the entire interview took about 1 hour.

This continued for some time along with email discussions.

Interview Questions
    • How would one value the economic effect of the recession on a domestic entity?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Applied Value in March 2009.

The consultants were quite rude. Probably wanted to check how I reacted. Odd case questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Applied Value? Contribute to the Community!