Apptis

2.5

Training Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apptis in March 2011.

Received a call that they found my resume online. They sent me a job decpscription and then scheduled a phone interview. After completing I was scheduled for an in person interview. I got the feeling that they were a great company with a lot of prospects for the future. I met with the VP and interviewed with him. Very cordial and pleasant experience. I would advise anyone applying for a job with Apptis to do your homework and know what your specialty is

Interview Questions
    • If we decide to have you work for a subcontractor instead of hiring you directly would you have a problem with that?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you instead of one of the other really qualified applicants?   Answer Question
    I was able to counter their initial offer. We ended up taking the diference for salary which I was very happy with.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apptis in March 2010.

A head hunter contacted me months ago saying that Apptis needed many Engineers, but cited funding problems when months dragged on and no interview was arranged. Abruptly, one week, I got an e-mail asking if I was available for a telephone interview the next week. By the weekend, they wanted an in-person interview instead. The interview was not conducted at the Apptis site. Apptis is a consulting company that deploys its personnel to various sites around the DC/Northern Virginia area. The Apptis person whom I was meeting for the first time sat in while engineers from the client company asked questions to determine my technical competence. I could not see the workspace since at such a preliminary stage, my clearance had not been vetted. The headhunter called on Friday to say that they wanted me for the job. I haven't accepted the offer yet because I have yet to see the lab and I have reservations about not having an office/cubicle. I will check things out before I make a decision.

Interview Questions
    If you have a job already, do not disclose your current salary. When asked for the current salary, ask in turn, what is the highest they are willing to pay. Say that while you are comfortable with your current job, you would like to stretch your wings and challenge yourself some more and you are willing to wait for the correct opportunity to come your way
    I do not know what company policies are about releasing salary information to other employers when they call for employment verification. It would be a good idea to know.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apptis in June 2008.

Professional

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apptis in February 2011.

The interview process was very straightforward. I was an employee referral to the recruiter, the recruiter found a position my skills suited, the recruiter talked to the program manager then me to ensure there was a match then coordinated the phone interview. The phone interview was very direct, describing the work environment, projects and skills required for the position and the location. I believe the entire interview was around 20-25 minutes tops.

It was really another contingent job offer - contingent upon them winning a particular contract which they did not. I picked "declined offer" because it seemed to be closest to my particular outcome.