Apptricity Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Dir of Infrastructure but once in the interview realized it was really for a Dir of Compliance. Reading back over the job description the requirement to know PCI was there but the job was more than gathering evidence and remediation of the environment to meet PCI requirements; which a Dir of Infra would do. Got the sense that the interviewer was looking for someone to come in and set up the PCI-DSS compliance program and not really looking for a knowledgeable infrastructure resource. PM was also an interviewer and asked about ITIL, which I’m certified, and he proceeded to express how they are not functioning under a framework but look to maybe adopting one. Which was a little puzzling since ITIL, or some type of framework, is needed to comply with PCI. I’m sure he misspoke. Funny incident; question from interviewer was “how do you patch your Linux servers?” I responded with RHEL Satellite Server which the PM needed to explain to him what that was. Slight chuckle for me since the interviewer was emphasizing the importance of knowing Linux but disregarded my RHEL experience since it was not CentOS. Wait for it…wait for it…yep, CentOS is derived from RHEL. Good stuff. Bottom line the job description was wrong and interviewer came across as single threaded in his experiences and relied too much on PM. May or may not be a reflection on entire IT shop but not a good sign. Feedback was fair: no PCI experience. Unfair feedback: no Linux experience but had no questions other than the patching question; I have 12+ years of UNIX experience across HP-UX, SUN, and RHEL making my way through operations to architecture. No questions on hardening the OS. Beware the deep talker trying to use a ‘command’ voice; my experience is these types don’t know much and rely on their BS abilities. Told this was a new position but since the interview did not match to the job description I’m going to assert that the position was not well documented and all involved did not have a clear understanding of the new role and how it would fit in the current organization.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Asked general questions like "what kind of IT framework would I like to work in?"   1 Answer

New Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Happy employees don't always take the time to revisit websites like this, so after a few months with Apptricity I thought it was time to offer my personal experience in the Interview Process.

I worked with a recruiter. After agreeing to the interview, i conducted my own due diligence and of course came to this website to check them out. I spoke to my recruiter about the negative reviews and she suggested I keep an open mind, be confident in my abilities and interview them back as much as possible.

On interview day, everyone I spoke with leading up to meeting with my "would be" supervisor was friendly, knowledgeable and above all - honest. One person had been with the company 10 years and another 6 months, so I got both ends of the spectrum. I asked them about the reviews on Glass Door and their personal experiences far outweighed anything I'd read on this website.

I have a lot of respect for the leadership team at Apptricity. The CEO is very accomplished and just an all around great guy.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your most difficult day at your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary negotiations were managed very professionally. The terms we agreed to were put in writing. No empty promises to deal with down the road, as has been my experience with other employers.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apptricity Inc..

Interview

Apptricity wasn't for me, but I appreciated the chance to interview. Apptricity struck me as a company on the mend. The hiring manager seemed like a good guy but other staff I met with seemed like they were not enjoying their jobs which concerned me. Plus they have a pretty poor showing here on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

The risk did not seem worth the potential reward. I wish them the best.

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a telephone screen following a resume submission. There was confusion on their part as to who was going to participate during the call. One of the hiring managers who did not attend, never gave me the courtesy of calling me at a later time. In fact, I never heard from anyone at the company after my telephone screen.

Interview Questions

• I mostly listened as the people at the company discussed among themselves who was supposed to participate and why those participating were there even though they apparently were not invited.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with the CEO, who tried to convince me not to work at Apptricity.

Interview Questions

• What did I bring to the table to make the company better   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview process could be long or short, people have no value as seen by the hiring manager, the CEO. Often his choices don't make sense. I wondered if he wanted people he could push around and hired accordingly. His comments, promises etc. were/are nothing but made up thoughts he has from time to time.

If you research his prior jobs and positions and others thoughts about him it is scary.

Interview Questions

• The questioning is the most minimal I've seen in all my years. Mostly the interview is a stage for Tim to tell of his greatness and to name drop his elbowing contacts, military terminology and his washed up astronaut buddies, all older than dirt.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Don't negotiate, run for the door and don't look back

Programmer Government Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take a test. then Interviewed with VP and team

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were programming questions   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I'm sure this is common but the 2 main things they were concerned about were:
    1. Can I do the things they need me to do
    2. Will I get along with the rest of the members in my department/group
    At least in my group, they made a point to have the group members meet with the potential hire to see if they think that person would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Some like to ask odd questions to test the potential hire's creativity and common sense logic. Stuff like "if you were an animal what animal would you be" and "tell me about when you learned to ride a bike".   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what they were willing to offer me and I accepted.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

The position was to lead a new product development for the company's new strategic initiative. After a phone interview, I was asked to meet the company's president and his executives at his Irving office. Everything went very well until I was asked how fast I could deliver the product. I gave them an honest answer of 6-9 months but they expected an answer of 3 months. I guess that was the reason of not being offered the position. A couple of months later, I have been seeing the company posting the same position again and again until recently. This would tell me that the president missed the opportunity of getting the new product done, if he offered me the position at that time. And, after 3 years, he still could not find the person to deliver the product he is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Given a team of 3-5 developers, how soon can you have the product ready?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apptricity Inc. (Irving, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

If you have a pulse you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a fax machine to send in your acceptance?   4 Answers

Negotiation

Told base alary was $50k, negotiated $90k and felt like I was cheated.