Apria Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Applied online, heard back quickly and was scheduled for an in-person interview. Back to back interviews that took a total of an hour and a half at the office with the area manager and the regional manager. Area manager had obviously not reviewed my resume and seemed very uninterested. Regional manager was nice, but did almost all of the talking and didn't ask me very many questions or give me the chance to ask many questions. Was informed via text message from the regional manager (yeah, a text message) that they were going with a different candidate. Tried to schedule a call with her to find out why that was so I could learn from it. She set a time but then didn't answer her phone and never called me back. Pretty frustrating.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Sumter, SC).

Interview

One on one with me and regional manager as interviewer. We met at a Hilton in the lobby area which was empty at that time of day and was a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your experience that would make you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted to fill out a pre-screen form before the phone interview. My submission was never confirmed by the recruiter upon entry, and my follow up emails to the recruiter/HR to check on its status went unanswered. Was then randomly contacted to set up a phone interview, which was scheduled but never happened since they never bothered calling me... So unorganized and an utter waste of my time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare.

Interview

Over the phone off current employee recommendation. Very basic. They wanted to fire someone but wanted me hired prior to. That employee quit instead. It seemed she was pushed to her breaking point and just snapped other co-workers were proud of pushing her to this point. My referral over exaggerated my base pay and found it would be $4 Less an he than I was originally told. There was very little HR involvement. Everything done long distance. Apria will throw up you under the bus, so will direct supervisors. Go in with assumption everyone is two faced and ready to twist your words and you might survive.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask questions truly except when can you start.   1 Answer

Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was phone screened by a recruiter. I work for a competitor and was taken aback that most of the questions pertained to how my current employer structures work, and which departments are responsible for certain tasks. I found myself constantly redirecting the questions back to my involvement in projects, my contributions to the organization, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Madison Heights, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews--standard phone interview, in person with VP operations and phone interview with VP of sales. They re-nigged the job after the offer so don't count on them even. Didn't even have the courtesy to call me to tell me, was strung along for 3 weeks thinking I had received the position. Wasn't until I personally called HR and spoke with someone that she "apologized" that the recruiter hadn't gotten back to me.

Interview Questions

• First interview was typical questions. Tell me about your background, why do you want to work here etc. Second interview was all behavioral and took over an hour. Third interview was a mixture of all types of questions, also took about an hour.   Answer Question

I was given the offer but they changed their mind. Strung me along for several weeks.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

The process was very fast and efficient. I interviewed directly with the Talent Acquistion Director and was given an offer within a week. The phone interview lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a hiring manager that was non-responsive. How did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They actually offered me three more dollars an hour than I was originally told. I was very happy.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Interview

will not pay relocation, interview was very casual. Mostly trying to find if I would be a good fit and if I could adapt to the difficult computer system.

Negotiation

yes you can negotiate but not much. I had about a 1-2 dollar and hour range and that is what other employees had as well.

Customer Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Littleton, CO).

Interview

The organization held a local job fair and invited all applicants (had to first apply online to get an invite) to show up one afternoon. Current Apria quality specialists performed the "first" interviews and basically read from a script of behaviorial questions. The questions were the standard list of: What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. Before the "interview", the Customer Service Manager provided a company overview. The atmosphere was relaxed and it was not intimidating. They claimed that they were going to be making hires within a two week period of time and that they would get back to all applicants. I was told that I was over-qualified for the position that I had applied for and never heard back. I emailed thank you's and still never had any response from this company. Overall disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer and how do you escalate problems within an organization?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apria Healthcare (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Was an average interview as far as questions go. However, it was extremely repetitive. You spent a half-day there, and are interviewed by different people, however, they all ask the same generic questions. I was expecting that there were going to be questions more specific to their needs and their department, however, it was all the same "so tell us about yourself."

Interview Questions

• Seemed to want to know a lot about my personnel life, but didn't want to come out and ask, so questions were kind of skirting around the child care issue, how long your commute might be and how that affects your family.   Answer Question