Apria Healthcare

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, not at all intimidating

Interview Question – do not recall anything that caught me off guard   Answer Question

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call and discussed some pre qualification questions with the HR woman. She called back two days later to schedule face to face.

Interview Question – Personal: I said to the interviewer at the end of the interview, "I put all my faith in God." He came back at me with a shard remark, "You go ahead and do that God thing, and we'll be talking soon." He never called.   View Answer

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Apria Healthcare.

Interview Details – General questions. Do your research on company. Know a few competitors. I had 2 phone interviews before I interviewed with Division Vice President in person. I also took a personality test at 2nd interview.

Interview Question – How would you respond if Dr says he hates your company and will never refer patients there?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy offered in the 30 k range asked for 40 k range

Senior Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Apria Healthcare.

Interview Details – 2-3 interview process; interviews are held by sales manager, sales area manager, and possibly a branch manager; Questions will vary based on person interviewing. Star format is not used for answering interview questions. Once position has been offered takes at a minimum of 2 weeks to onboard to company. You must first past drug screening and fingerprinting testing before you can begin working for the company.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked. Tell me a time you overcame an objection.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only have negotation room in base salary. Commission structure is not negotiable.

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – After the usual HR screening, I was asked to interview at a branch location with a Sales Manager. This interview was fairly straight forward...about an hour long. After this interview I was asked to meet a few other members of the Sales staff for interview round 2. Here's where things get interesting. While trying to remain as objective as possible for someone who was not offered a job, I must say that the lack of professional courtesy during this next step is unprecedented for me. The Sales Manager who I interviewed with in round one called me back and asked me to meet a group at a hotel lobby for the next round. I told him I would call him once I was in the hotel's lobby (mid town manhattan, hilton.) I currently have a job and carved out a two hour window during my busy day to make this interview happen. Suited up and well prepared, I arrived fifteen minutes early and walked to the middle of the hotel's lobby. I called the Sales Mgr and as it went to voicemail (no pick up) I was approached by a member of the Hilton staff. He said "Are you hear for the interview? " I of course replied, "Yes" He instructed me to have a seat on the bench and told me that they would be with me shortly.

Fifteen minutes after the time my interview was supposed to begin, I called the Sales Mgr back. This time he picked up (He never bothered to return my call when I first arrived.) I explained that I had arrived early, called him, been instructed to have a seat, etc. He said he was waiting for me on the other side of the lobby and asked if I could reschedule. Wow. Fifteen minutes into the time slot!!!

Regardless of whether he decided to hire someone else, felt like going home early, or had some other reason for cutting things short, to waste someone's afternoon this way is disrespectful. This lack of professional courtesy was all I needed to experience. I spoke with a friend of mine who does HR for Goldman Sachs and she echoed my feelings that this was completely unprofessional and lazy.

I have other offers and a current job, so no worries for me. If you are considering a sales gig here I would be cautious. Rumor has it their NY branches are doing terribly and on the verge of being shut down.

Interview Question – Where should we meet for round two?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in June 2010.

Interview Details – went quick

Interview Question – give me an example of a time where you were challenged by a co-worker and how was it resolved   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice by area manager then sent to regional VP for stamp of approval.

Interview Question – typical STAR questions   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apria Healthcare in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days was given a sales assessment.

Interview Questions

Worked for Apria Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!