Aptara Business Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aptara (New Delhi (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

The worst with a capital W! I have given many interviews in the past - got selected in some and rejected in others. Aptara, a 20 year old company is too immature and unprofessional, which tarnishes its credibility. I was skeptical about even going to the venue for a 1:1 with so much of negative buzz around. However, I made my mind. Everything was good and glittery at first. There were 2 rounds and I was told to wait for a few days. A week passed by and I gave up my hopes. However, one fine day, I got a call from the HR who told me to come down for a final interview.

By definition, a final interview would imply going to the premises and expecting it will be either a negotiation round or with someone from the senior management. I entered the "not-so-good-looking building" and contacted the HR. He told me to wait for 2 minutes. These 2 minutes seemed like an eternity as he contacted me after an hour (That too, after me reminding him that boss, I exist!)

Still staying cool, I entered the room with the lady from my last round and a new guy. My first thought was that this person must be someone related (ofcourse senior) to the profile I applied for. After blabbering about my past experience, I was told that I am being considered for another domain (Sales to be precise). My first reaction - Get up, and Run away! But like a professional, which I am, I shook hands, said no, and left!

What company surprises you when you have something else on your mind yet they have something else on their cards. Even if they do consider you for a different role, they should inform you prior to reaching there, spending bloody 2 hours of your time, and realizing this is not what you want. At least, call the person and ask for their interest. The last time I checked the dictionary, a final round implies you have cleared the earlier.

If you get a call from the HR, stay away! Don't approach else you'll be bitten by unprofessional people. People at Aptara, get some life. It is evident why you are still a private company even after 20 years and that you are struggling to make $5 million a year (As said by someone on Glassdoor).

Advice to the management - Please read How to Conduct Interviews by Telephone and in Person by Dr. James H. Frey.

Interview Questions