Aptean

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aptean in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring is based off what they think they need. Typically will drag you along. You'll NEVER get your bonus you're promised.

Interview Question – The exam is the hardest part   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a budget but don't like to use it because the managers make 8x what you'll make.

Very Easy Interview

Market Research Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aptean in December 2013.

Interview Details – When I first applied, I was sent an email asking me to do an assessment. After I completed that, I received another email asking me to come in for an interview. At the beginning of the interview, I was taken to a room and given 15 or 20 minutes to do another assessment similar to the one I had done online (to verify that I hadn't cheated). After I completed it, the hiring manager came in to interview me. The interview was short and laid-back; basically she was just curious to know what I was interested in and what I hoped to get from the internship. I was offered the position on the spot, but it took a few weeks to actually get started after that.

Interview Question – Why do you think the corporate world is the best fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation (but I didn't attempt to, considering it is an internship).

Very Easy Interview

Software Support Analyst Interview

Software Support Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aptean in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process was fairly expedient; I received a call from a recruiter (based on my resume posting to a job board) to gauge my interest, then was sent a link to an online test, within a couple of day was invited in for another similar (but more concise) test and interview, and within a few hours was offered the position.

Interview Question – The interview process was pretty straight-forward: "We like your resume, here's what we do, do you have any questions..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a verbal offer from my recruiter with a couple of hours of my interview, I made a single counter offer (approximately a 10% higher base salary than the initial offer), then was sent a formal offer letter outlining the agreed terms.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aptean in October 2012.

Interview Details – First step was a long test. Once the test was completed, depending on your score you were either immediately disqualified or you move forward. After a series of a few phone interviews with various levels of HR staff to deem me passable, I was sent to a proctored exam to assure that I was indeed the person taking the test. After passing that test I was immediately sent to Atlanta to interview with a panel of Manager/VP who interviewed us (a group of maybe 6) with a little more interest in our philosophical and methodological views on sales. I was contacted a few days late with a job offer.

Interview Question – The most unusual part was the emphasis on the test. A high enough test score could make up for a lot of experience and vice versa. Take the test seriously, because it the only thing that stands between you and the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, contract was offered 'take or leave.'

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aptean in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, I had a referral from inside the company. I was e-mailed within an hour to take an aptitude type test. The test took about 3 hours to complete and was pretty tedious. Aptean does not consider any applicants who do not score high enough on the exam, the exam will be taken a second time before you interview for the position you are applying for in order to make sure you didn't cheat.
My first interview was with 3 individuals, all who worked in support, 2 of them were management. The whole thing was relatively laid back, most questions were about my experiences at previous employers and and my technical abilities. All 3 interviewers were incredibly kind and made me feel very comfortable.
I was contacted by phone from another manager the next day and spent most of the time listening to him complain about my would-be co-workers, he asked similar questions to the ones I answered the day before.
The very next day, I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. You will want to do your research on the company and the products ahead of time, however, it seems they enjoyed that I knew so much going into the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I high-balled what I wanted and they countered with a generous offer. I have heard others say that they got nowhere with their negotiations, though.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Associate Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Aptean.

Interview Details – Technical interview plus the the apptitude test

Interview Question – It was medium, a person with good coding experience can crack the interview   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aptean in October 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on LinkedIn and sent my resume. I was contacted within hours by an HR recruiter. The first step was behavioral and intelligence testing. Absolutely no one is considered until they successfully complete this testing. Don't cheat, because if you're called in for an interview, you'll be doing the testing again and if you don't pass close to your original score, you'll be escorted out without interviewing.

After passing the testing, I had a brief interview with the HR recruiter. Very perfunctory, mostly going over my resume and determining if we each agreed to continue forward.

It turns out the hiring manager was someone I had known previously. I was invited in to interview with three people. They were super accomodating of my schedule. I was shown into a room to do the intelligence testing again. Then I met with the hiring manager, then a marketing manager and another manager. The conversations were pretty casual, I go the impression that my qualifications were as stated, so I wasn't drilled about this or that. I was being assessed for fit.

I sent thank you notes, and each person wrote me back, including the hiring manager, letting me know they'd be extending an offer.

There are two distinct groups of employees. Very smart recent grads. They all seem very serious, not a lot of nonsense. The second are seasoned professionals, folks who have been in business for decades, but who are young at heart.

Business casual, which includes jeans for dress. If you're interviewing, think pantsuit if you're a lady, I'd say sport coat and slacks if you're a gent. It's not a suit and tie kind of place.

Interview Question – We mostly discussed my experiences with specific programs and systems, but since they use in-house software it was more about general than specific knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Within a couple of days I was called with an offer, I tried to negotiate the money, but that went nowhere, it didn't matter the offer was generous and what we had discussed as far as the range. It's salary and bonus. I was sent a package to review with the full benefits.

Customer Marketing Specialist Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aptean.

Interview Details – I applied for a position posted on their website by submitting a resume and cover letter. I initially received an auto-response email telling me they'd get back with me if they reviewed everything and were interested. Three days later, I received an invitation to take a personality and aptitude test for which I wouldn't be able to see the results. After reading the interview reviews and the company reviews on Glassdoor, I declined the test because I felt like the time would be better spent applying for a position elsewhere. Business in general and marketing in particular are about people, and after seeing the resume and cover letter, they should have known if they were willing to engage in a very brief phone conversation or not. My feeling is that they weren't, or they would have done that instead of bouncing me over to the test.

Interview Question – Asking me to take a test without sending a personal email or phoning me first.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aptean in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this job by taking an online IQ type test. I got an email the next day that they wanted to interview me. I went to the interview and the people were really nice. Truthfully, I went in with low expectations and left feeling excited. I interviewed with one manager and two current employees and felt really comfortable around everyone. I was hired very quickly. Took a drug test and background check and had my offer letter in no time. The compensation was more than I was expecting from an entry level job. Overall, I am excited to start work on Monday, and I think it will be a great position!

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. What are your strengths and your weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in blah blah years... and what not. Unexpectedly, I think they hired me for my experience which I thought was the last thing I would get hired for. I am new to programming and have only coded up one application so....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than expected, so I was immediately happy. Everything is looking good. I am excited!

Emarketing Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Aptean.

Interview Details – Passed 2 hour at home evaluation, which was intense. Contacted by multiple recruiters within the company. Spoke with hiring manager, eventually, who was impossible to understand because of his accent. Interview questions were vague and I was told all about what he does. Conversation finally drifted off and nothing came of the job.

Interview Question – Easy questions, but nothing specific about the job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aptean

Worked for Aptean? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aptean interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aptean employees and interview candidates.