Aptean

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aptean.

Applied online - was given a basic screening call and did well. Then took an online test and a SQL aptitude test. These were super hard, but I did well. Then had to take the test again when I came in for face-to-face interview - very hard. They are very strict in regards to who they let work here. Then, after the tests, the interviewers were awesome and laid back. Once you get through the testing gauntlet, its smooth sailing.

Def. negotiatie

Business Consultant Interview

Pretty straight forward. You have to be intelligent to pass a test. Given to you twice to make sure you did not cheat. If you can pass that then you should be good. Every employee takes the test. Process is pretty quick depending on the job. Took about two weeks from the start for me to get hired.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aptean.

Reasonable hiring process, but took longer than average. Not sure why. Aptean has a 1/2 hour intelligence test that supposedly only 20% of applicants pass. Test is taken online at same time as 1/2 hour personality test. Intelligence test is given again at on-site interview to expose cheaters.
    They have a week long onboarding process that covers product lines, senior management, company history, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were reasonable and professional to demonstrate awareness of work required and interest-level in type of work.   Answer Question
    Some negotiation possible. 5-10%. Verbal offer from HR by phone. Follow up by phone week later with salary result.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aptean.

when through HR in atlanta had a phone interview, then a interview in indianapolis the interview went very smooth. I just met with one person but I had to take an 2 test. They gave me practice questions for the sql test. All of them were on the test.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aptean in May 2014.

Smooth and easy as long as you know what you are doing you should be able to get in.

Only problem is there is a Test that is a Pain in the S. You basically need to do the following:
    - Take 2/3 of the time (like 10Mins) answering questions to the best of your knowledge.
    - Take 1/3 of the time answering everything as fast as you can even if you get them wrong.
    You are counted for good ones only and you are supposed to have X amount of good ones.

Test has Math, Personality, Sequence (aa11bb22cc33, xx99yy1010zz1111), Patterns, Word Math, Engineer questions, etc.. Like an IQ test coupled with personality.

Interview Questions
    Not really easy. only got a bit more than what

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aptean.

Technical interview plus the the apptitude test

Interview Questions
    • It was medium, a person with good coding experience can crack the interview   Answer Question

Market Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aptean in December 2013.

When I first applied, I was sent an email asking me to do an assessment. After I completed that, I received another email asking me to come in for an interview. At the beginning of the interview, I was taken to a room and given 15 or 20 minutes to do another assessment similar to the one I had done online (to verify that I hadn't cheated). After I completed it, the hiring manager came in to interview me. The interview was short and laid-back; basically she was just curious to know what I was interested in and what I hoped to get from the internship. I was offered the position on the spot, but it took a few weeks to actually get started after that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the corporate world is the best fit for you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation (but I didn't attempt to, considering it is an internship).

Customer Marketing Specialist Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aptean.

I applied for a position posted on their website by submitting a resume and cover letter. I initially received an auto-response email telling me they'd get back with me if they reviewed everything and were interested. Three days later, I received an invitation to take a personality and aptitude test for which I wouldn't be able to see the results. After reading the interview reviews and the company reviews on Glassdoor, I declined the test because I felt like the time would be better spent applying for a position elsewhere. Business in general and marketing in particular are about people, and after seeing the resume and cover letter, they should have known if they were willing to engage in a very brief phone conversation or not. My feeling is that they weren't, or they would have done that instead of bouncing me over to the test.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me to take a test without sending a personal email or phoning me first.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aptean in October 2013.

I saw the posting on LinkedIn and sent my resume. I was contacted within hours by an HR recruiter. The first step was behavioral and intelligence testing. Absolutely no one is considered until they successfully complete this testing. Don't cheat, because if you're called in for an interview, you'll be doing the testing again and if you don't pass close to your original score, you'll be escorted out without interviewing.

After passing the testing, I had a brief interview with the HR recruiter. Very perfunctory, mostly going over my resume and determining if we each agreed to continue forward.

It turns out the hiring manager was someone I had known previously. I was invited in to interview with three people. They were super accomodating of my schedule. I was shown into a room to do the intelligence testing again. Then I met with the hiring manager, then a marketing manager and another manager. The conversations were pretty casual, I go the impression that my qualifications were as stated, so I wasn't drilled about this or that. I was being assessed for fit.

I sent thank you notes, and each person wrote me back, including the hiring manager, letting me know they'd be extending an offer.

There are two distinct groups of employees. Very smart recent grads. They all seem very serious, not a lot of nonsense. The second are seasoned professionals, folks who have been in business for decades, but who are young at heart.

Business casual, which includes jeans for dress. If you're interviewing, think pantsuit if you're a lady, I'd say sport coat and slacks if you're a gent. It's not a suit and tie kind of place.

Interview Questions
    • We mostly discussed my experiences with specific programs and systems, but since they use in-house software it was more about general than specific knowledge.   Answer Question
    Within a couple of days I was called with an offer, I tried to negotiate the money, but that went nowhere, it didn't matter the offer was generous and what we had discussed as far as the range. It's salary and bonus. I was sent a package to review with the full benefits.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aptean in September 2013.

I applied for this job by taking an online IQ type test. I got an email the next day that they wanted to interview me. I went to the interview and the people were really nice. Truthfully, I went in with low expectations and left feeling excited. I interviewed with one manager and two current employees and felt really comfortable around everyone. I was hired very quickly. Took a drug test and background check and had my offer letter in no time. The compensation was more than I was expecting from an entry level job. Overall, I am excited to start work on Monday, and I think it will be a great position!

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. What are your strengths and your weaknesses. Where do you see yourself in blah blah years... and what not. Unexpectedly, I think they hired me for my experience which I thought was the last thing I would get hired for. I am new to programming and have only coded up one application so....   Answer Question
    They offered me more than expected, so I was immediately happy. Everything is looking good. I am excited!