Aptium Oncology

Very Easy Interview

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aptium Oncology in July 2008.

Interview Details – Very basic, HR was very much a screen for the process. Everyone was pleasant. There were three interviews, HR, the boss and then the bigger boss. One phone interview with HR and then the rest.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Compensation was inadequate

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aptium Oncology in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with supervisor lasted about 30 minutes, focusing on analytical and problem-solving skills. Face-to-face interview a couple of days later with 3 individuals (one at a time); HR focused on common questions like greatest strengths and weaknesses, and disagreed with everything I said - seemed like he was trying to start an argument to see how I'd react; VP was pleasant and focused on the industry; supervisor focused on prior positions and how skills translated to this position.

Interview Question – (Asked by HR staffer) What are your greatest strengths? Greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer made next day; recruiter negotiated 90-day "signing" bonus in lieu of slightly higher starting salary. Their attitude was that as this was a newly-created position, they were in no hurry to fill it and I could walk if I didn't like the offer.

Worked for Aptium Oncology? Contribute to the Community!