Aquent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aquent.

Interview

5 Interviews with different levels of management, questions were repeated multiple times - they could have cut out an interview or two if they shared notes. I had an in-person, phone, video and panel interview.

Agent - Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquent in June 2015.

Interview

About a couple days after I applied through the company website, I was contacted by the Internal Recruiter. Standard and typical phone screen regarding background experience, education and current position. A couple days later, I had an hour and a half phone interview with the Regional Director. We went over my experience, the company/position and any questions I had. I moved forward to the in-person interview where I met with the Market Manager and the Regional Director. After meeting with them for about an hour, I then spoke with two Agents in the office. Finally, I was given an Agent project that wasn't too difficult if you understand what they're asking you. I was contacted a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions about how you handled past co-worker / client / management conflicts.   Answer Question

Computer Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aquent.

Interview

I applied online, next day I received an email with a contact number advised me to call on that no. Same day i called the and the asked me about my previous experience and inform that i would receive an email with the status of the interview. after two days they emailed me saying that found other qualified person for the job.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your current job   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquent (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

A friend told me they placed her in a great job, and were very supportive along the way. She gave me her recruiter's contact info. I sent a cold email and included friend's name and my resume. They replied within one day. I had to answer some questions in an email which took at least 20 minutes. They got back to me the next day, and we scheduled a call for a day later. They were really nice and gave me honest feedback, saying they don't have jobs at my level, and that I would have to pivot my career if I wanted the lower level design jobs, and that it might not make sense for me. It is rare that people take the time to do this if they don't see an immediate fit. But I was surprised when they said they needed internal execs and wanted to refer me to corporate. I had to answer several longer email questions, (at least an hour), and then we scheduled a call for the next day. They were really friendly and appreciated the time it took to prepare the answers. Very professional and cut to the chase. Did not waste my time. They were human and did not behave like robots.

Interview Questions

• How I would go about doing the job? What do I know about the industry?   Answer Question

Got another offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aquent (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two rounds of interview on phone, then 4 rounds on-site (4 different people from top management to analyst level interviewed me). I was asked to explain my past projects, few questions on sql, situational questions and 2 brain teasers. I seemed to have done well but didn't get any offer. On-site interaction with them was good. They do not reimburse interview travel expenses. I ended up burning 100 bucks. Be prepared to shell out if you are travelling far for on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Asked questions from my past projects, also evaluated my approach of working with data to solve business problems   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aquent in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter first, discussed previous experience, career goals, and so forth. Then, there were two phone interviews with the contracting employer. Each phone call was approximately 30 minutes long, with a brief description of the role, and not very many questions asked on my end, outside of the "typical" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role? What are you looking for in your next position?   Answer Question

Designet Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aquent in November 2014.

Interview

Most recruiters handle situations professionally.... without making you feel pestered, so you get the chance to think if this is truly the new project you want to pursue. They work with los of clients, and compete with other agencies. I get the impression that the amount they get for ea h contractor they place is higher comparex d to other agencies... meaning that contractors get a bit less compared to working with other agencies as third party ... overall, its a good experience and I liked it.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aquent.

Interview

I had a really good interview; it was very thorough and my recruiter went over numerous possible questions that the company I would be contracting for might ask. I was really impressed ... until I got an offer and Aquent tried to lower the hourly pay that we had discussed in the interview. I found this to be really unprofessional, and I didn't buy the story that my Aquent recruiter told me about how the client had gone over their budget and had to lower the hourly rate. I insisted on the original rate of pay and was offered the position, but I turned it down for other reasons. Interesting side note: After I turned down the position, I saw it advertised online about a week later through another recruiting agency, and the rate of pay was the original (higher) rate that Aquent had offered me. So I think the "budget" story was not true. I had a mostly positive experience with Aquent, but the 11th-hour "renegotiating" left a sour taste in my mouth. I would advise potential contract employees to stand firm for the original rate of pay they were promised, and not to accept a lower rate of pay later.

Interview Questions

• "The client has gone over their budget and wants to know if you'll accept $XX instead of $XX" (a rate roughly 15% lower then the original rate that Aquent told me was the rate for the position).   Answer Question

I think the company was a good one, but I didn't think it was a good career move in the long run. Also, it didn't sound like it would have led to a full-time position.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aquent (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

They called me a day after I submitted an application online. The interview was in a stylish professional office in a business district in Houston. That office handles staffing for oil and gas clients.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aquent.

Interview

Initial contact was from the company's recruiter. Communications were friendly and cordial. I went through the standard recruiter-level screening where we make sure job qualifications and candidate experience match at a high-level and was then offered a phone interview with the hiring manager(?) at the location where the work was to be performed. The second interviewer was polite, friendly and personable however the interview format was completely unexpected and a bit, hmm.... checklist-like (for lack of a better word) - ironic given the initial job description stated they didn't want candidates who fit a checklist of criteria. (laughing to myself). The interview was immensely "rote". It wasn't an interview where you want to discover if someone has the aptitude to solve problems. It was more like an interview to discover if someone still remembers keywords after taking a Java 101 class. It was questions like, "what's the difference between a mutable and immutable object? Give an example" or, "What is an interface, a subclass, a superclass?". It was seriously like taking a test. Admittedly, in my own nervousness I stumped on one that I answered later and then didn't have answers to a couple others due to non-use in my prior coding experiences. Nonetheless they were things that I'd have been able to recall and apply very quickly with 5 minutes on Google. (I think one was on AOP). Some of the other questions were more on-point for a Sr. developer position. Expect to be able to explain the difference between a left and right join. I'd say there were a handful of questions where you're answer actually indicated an understanding of a concept rather than your ability to remember elementary answers and repeat them back to the "instructor" on the final exam. The questions about SQL were good. The other good question had to due with understanding grouping and aggregate functions. Can't recall the specific question but it was something where the answer was to group all distinct col1 values and display the sum of all the col2 values ordered asc/dsc.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected aspect was the rote approach of using the equivalent of a Java101 exam to test someone's ability to apply it solve real world problems.   Answer Question