Aquent

Getting the Interview

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aquent in November 2013.

Interview Details – Experienced a fast paced hiring process; meet with hiring director, team members, VP and SVP. Interviewing process involved face to face meetings, Skype chats, and phone interviews. Had to complete a detailed soft copy and create an account strategy presentation.

Interview Question – Seemed to be very concerned with hitting daily and weekly metrics. Be prepared to talk about specific points in your career where you made a financial impact.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Aquent in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was simple and straight forward. They looked for attributes and skills that they can showcase to their clients. It was very encouraging and supportive. They gave me some resume critique and I also did a timed InDesign assessment test at home. (no results given)

Negotiation Details – They set me up with the client to basically give me a run down of the job and that was it. Very easy. Aquent did all the work and negotiations for me.

Production Artist Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aquent.

Interview Details – Bring a profession portfolio to interview. Simple questions of what you are hoping to gain from the agency. If you're a new designer, be aware that you will have to take an assessment test.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's all contract base depending on the client.

Aquent Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Aquent.

Interview Details – Totally smoke and mirrors. Metrics are not in keeping with industry standards and are unobtainable.

Negotiation Details – N/a

Designer Interview

Designer

Interviewed at Aquent

Interview Details – Aquent is great to get you an "in" to the creative market. Contracts last between 6 month to a year, depending on company and title.

Interview Question – There wasn't, my interview went well, just be positive and polite.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aquent in March 2012.

Interview Details – 5 Interviews with three different people. Had to do an Account Strategy plan and present. Verry optimistic and extremely passionate about Aquent. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Be passionate about sales and marketing. Ask what their commission structure is for similar toles you may end up in. Background check will be required.

Interview Question – Commission structure related to positions similar to yours.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aquent.

Interview Details – The hiring process was seamless: we met at a local coffee shop and had an informal interview. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me the position, after pre-hiring screenings I started within a week.

Interview Question – There wasn't any questions that blindsided me but the most difficult question was a technical question.   Answer Question

Web Services Specialist Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aquent.

Interview Details – I applied for several positions on their site. A woman eventually contacted me for another job to see if I was interested. They were filling positions for a large team.

Interview Question – None. It was not a typical interview process because this is a staffing agency   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Media Author III Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aquent.

Interview Details – It's been a while since I interviewed initially for them. Back then I worked for Sakson & Taylor which was bought out by Aquent some years ago. It started off with an initial email application for a job I was interested in. After that I did a phone interview with the company. It was all very relaxed and everyone seemed nice. Once the phone interview was complete then I had to interview for my actual job with Aquent's client (which is a totally different story). Once I got that job I went into Aquent's office for an orientation and that was pretty much it.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions as this is a staffing agency. The real interview questions come when you interview with their client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this is a staffing agency the negotiations were short. The client has a certain budget and they try to meet that. They usually offer you a dollar amount and you can accept or decline. I also gave them a target salary that I'd like. Typically Aquent has been pretty good about hitting my targets.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aquent in February 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty touch. Had five interviews and had to do an Account Strategy plan.

Interview Question – What are your weak points?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good. Accepted what I was looking for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aquent

Worked for Aquent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aquent interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aquent employees and interview candidates.