Arabella Advisors

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arabella Advisors

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arabella Advisors.

Interview process with outside recruiter hired by Arabella was lengthy with 2 behavioral interviews (one 40 minutes and second 2 hours) plus an on-line assessment test that took over an hour. After that told to save dates for interviews in Chicago and then nothing. Neither the recruiter or Arabella had the professionalism or common courtesy to advise that I hadn't made the short list.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviews were a bit disarming although no right answer, ultimately just whether you fit Arabella's profile of acceptable/desireable employee.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Arabella Advisors.

Hiring process was disorganized and long. Was asked to interview for a job I didn't apply for, then for second in person interview sent a mistaken interview request for a phone interview. At third interview, interviewers did not seem to know that I completed an assessment that took four hours and were focused on basic questions I had answered in prior interviews rather than my skills. I felt like my time was not respected by their 'thorough' process.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions focused on basic questions around my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arabella Advisors.

Within a month submitting the online application, I got an email to set up an appointment for a phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Asked basic questions of why I was interested in becoming an analyst, expected salary etc. Was sent an email a couple weeks (3 to 4) later saying the job was given to someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to juggle several different project.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arabella Advisors in August 2014.

Why do you want to join Arabella, why do you want to work in a non-profit, why this position, a lot of situational questions (tell me the time you have to carry out a project, the time the project changes direction, the time your idea was rejected)

Interview Questions
    • The situational questions were a bit unexpected, considering it was only the first phone interview.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Phone call screen and then invited for an in person interview. The in person interview was with multiple people that included the potential supervisor as well as coworkers. The HR process was very slow. I was told I would hear about next steps or a decision within a week. I did not hear for 5 weeks and it was a voicemail telling me the job was given to someone else and that I should apply again in the future.

Project Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arabella Advisors in May 2014.

Contacted by email to set up an interview with a recruiter. Brief 20 min mini interview w/ recruiter, went over position and my qualifications. Received an email that I would have a skype interview a few days later. 2nd interview lasted about 45 minutes. After 2nd interview and a follow-up email, I never heard back from them. The interview went well but I thought they were very unprofessional for not following up or replying to my email.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arabella Advisors.

The interview process took over a month with three separate interviews. The interview questions were standard - it seemed like they were trying to gage how much time management, research and writing skills I had.

There was also a case study component that consisted of writing a memo, analyzing data, and taking a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Arabella Advisors.

Phone interview; notified that relocation allowance was not provided. Kind of took the appeal of the job away as the salary was quite low anyhow. But, working with the Gates Foundation would've been an experience anyhow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arabella Advisors in January 2011.

The interview was part of a recruitment day, so it was limited to a 30 minute slot, of which they kept 5 minutes at the end to discuss the candidate and make notes. One interviewer was a director and another was a senior analyst who had been at the company for a couple years and was probably new to the hiring process, because she was quite disengaged - though that might have been because it was towards the end of the day. The two interviewers didn't seem that coordinated and kept deferring to one another.
    They asked pretty basic questions, but wanted the answers to be very specific and from my internship experiences rather than extracurriculars or academic situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time during one of your internships that you had to overcome a difficulty while working in a team   Answer Question
    • How have you handled situations during your internships where you had multiple deadlines at once?   Answer Question