Aramark Higher Education

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.2

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

Process was very slow. I began conversations at the end of Sept got the offer middle of November. Start date to be after the new year.

One surprise was that it was a panel interview, a first for me. Speak to the group making eye contact with each person. Much of the job is presentations to a group the same rules apply for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Most of the conversation is walk me through your resume. They do ask specific follow ups so prepare to give examples. I brought in a portfolio of work with specific examples for each bullet on my resume. I've always done that during interviews and have always gotten great feedback and an offer. I recommend that for any job you interview.   Answer Question
    I gave my quote up front. They offered that amount.

Location Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

Internal promotion, job posted on company website, phone screening interview, then phone interview followed by an in person interview on site. Then waited nearly a month before hearing back with an offer from the company.

Banquet Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

I filed the application thru my college and got their email for interview on the next day. The interview was okay, and mostly were scenario questions. I was asked some questions that are not related to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 5 ways that you use with a pen except using it to write.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Grove, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Grove, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

I was emailed by the branch manager, as are all students at my university. I responded and was contacted by another manager who set up a brief meeting for me to share my resume. After calling three times, I was asked what hours I would like to work. I made my request and received 16 hours a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was little to no formal interview questions posed by the managers I spoke to. Student workers are hired on fairly easily.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

Wasn't one

Minimum Wage no negotiation

Food Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

easy nothing to tricky. they do use the "you worked with someone that you did not like, how did you deal with it?" open end questions.

Interview Questions
    I bid to low and they gave me a raise

Food Service Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

One interview, asked about previous experiences and how I would handle certain situations. Two interviewees

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to think fast and what was the resolution   Answer Question

Commissioning Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

The commissioning agent at Aramark sent out a PDF which was distributed throughout my school of engineering. I called the listed number and set up an appointment time. Dress is business casual, but nothing wrong with going smart casual or even business professional for the interview. One interview, and I got a phonecall less than a week later offering me the job. The interview mostly consisted of basic questions about my resume. There were no technical questions. Any 'interview' questions (such as weaknesses, challenges, etc.) were derived from my resume, eg. in context, not out of the blue. A good portion of the interview was my availability and whether I met physical requirements (can you climb a ladder?).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult - don't put anything fake on your resume and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. It doesn't seem acceptable for the intern role, which had posted rates already. Any other role I would expect negotiation to be acceptable.

Shift Manager Interview

The interview process was quite simple. First I was interviewed by a different location manager than I had the opportunity to interview with the Food director. From there on it was simple question relating to my work experience and how I would implement that experience into my new role. At most 1 hour interview.

Different opportunity arised.

Zone Tecg Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aramark Higher Education.

Made application, interview three months later. Another interview 1 month later. Got job two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions pertaining to my abilities with tasks related to maintenance skills.   Answer Question