Arbitron

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Arbitron

Interview Details – applied online. got phone call, and then onsite interview. three weeks later, job offered. the interview questions were not difficult. managers were nice. I introduced myself and persuaded my skill sets to them. I had relevant work experience before. very smooth very professional. by the way, I am local candidate.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Arbitron in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview by hiring manager to get a feel about what I wanted and fitting into the organization. In person interview with panel consisting of hiring manager, developer and analyst, questions were highlevel to gauge understanding of how I worked.

Interview Question – How would I add value?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to get more vacation, but failed.

Information Specialist Interview

Information Specialist
Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arbitron.

Interview Details – I was referred to Arbitron by a former co-worker. The hiring manager initially interviewed me, directly followed by

Interview Question – It was a pretty standard interview, and not many behavioral questions, more about what skills I had used in my current and past jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - the offer was better than my salary at the time.

Very Easy Interview

Membership Representative Interview

Membership Representative
Columbia, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arbitron in May 2011.

Interview Details – Awesome company to interview with. They used technology including Skype to interview prior to having me make the trip to headquarters. Thorough process where information was given as well as obtained. Got to meet with VP as well as hiring manager and HR people. Provided info on benefits and opportunities before even offering me the job. Provided health insurance from day one of employment. Covered all travel expenses related to interview process.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. The interview process fit the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process was smooth and seamless. The hiring manager was phenomenal to work with and made the process of coming on board fun.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Arbitron in August 2010.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be typical and professional. I met with a 3 people in the marketing department: one person who interacts directly with the position, and two management. Questions presented were typical interview question: tell me about your background, what makes you a good candidate for this position, what could you bring to the position. It went very smoothly, nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – What are your suggestions to make the department better?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were inflexible on negotiations. They had a number and presented it. I came back with my own number. Despite my being exceedingly qualified for the position, they only offered a slight increase up from their initial offer, the reasoning being 'this is our budget for the position.' My advice is to cover the topic of salary - even just a range -in the beginning stages of the interview process. This way, you don't go so far down the line and end up disappointed at the end.

Training Interview

Training
Columbia, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arbitron in February 2008.

Interview Details – con: took very long for recruiter to respond to resume
phone interview, 1:1 interviews, group interview, presentation

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer: working independently or in a team?   View Answer
  • What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – don't tell recruiter what you want to earn--its probably more than she earns

Counsel Interview

Counsel
Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Arbitron in November 2009.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews followed by a day of 1:1 and a 2:1 interview at their office.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and what do you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

Panel Relations Specialist
Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arbitron in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was part of the layoffs before and then came back and applied for a different position. I have good reviews from previous management. I was just randomly selected for the layoff. All of this to say aside from the test's mentioned it was pretty straightforward. People at Arbitron are really nice. Even my very first interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Im really not that good about that process so I took the first offer. It was reasonable. They actually pay alot for what you do.

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Arbitron in November 2007.

Interview Details – Spelling test states and major cities, verbal personality test in office over the phone, then an explanation of what you will be doing their. It is a very quick process and they will tell you in person if you have been hired or not. They do not check references as it is an immediate hire.

Interview Question – They just ask you about your past experience working in a sales or call center position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $16.75 is the pay rate now, but at my interview it was $16. There's no room for a higher salary negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Arbitron in February 2013.

Interview Details – A GD and an interview by a panel .

Interview Question – How many cars there in your hometown ?   View Answer

Worked for Arbitron? Contribute to the Community!