Arbitron Interview Questions

2.5

Intern Interview

Interview

applied online. got phone call, and then onsite interview. three weeks later, job offered. the interview questions were not difficult. managers were nice. I introduced myself and persuaded my skill sets to them. I had relevant work experience before. very smooth very professional. by the way, I am local candidate.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview by hiring manager to get a feel about what I wanted and fitting into the organization. In person interview with panel consisting of hiring manager, developer and analyst, questions were highlevel to gauge understanding of how I worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to get more vacation, but failed.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Awesome company to interview with. They used technology including Skype to interview prior to having me make the trip to headquarters. Thorough process where information was given as well as obtained. Got to meet with VP as well as hiring manager and HR people. Provided info on benefits and opportunities before even offering me the job. Provided health insurance from day one of employment. Covered all travel expenses related to interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. The interview process fit the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process was smooth and seamless. The hiring manager was phenomenal to work with and made the process of coming on board fun.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

I found the interview process to be typical and professional. I met with a 3 people in the marketing department: one person who interacts directly with the position, and two management. Questions presented were typical interview question: tell me about your background, what makes you a good candidate for this position, what could you bring to the position. It went very smoothly, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What are your suggestions to make the department better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were inflexible on negotiations. They had a number and presented it. I came back with my own number. Despite my being exceedingly qualified for the position, they only offered a slight increase up from their initial offer, the reasoning being 'this is our budget for the position.' My advice is to cover the topic of salary - even just a range -in the beginning stages of the interview process. This way, you don't go so far down the line and end up disappointed at the end.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a day of 1:1 and a 2:1 interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and what do you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

I was part of the layoffs before and then came back and applied for a different position. I have good reviews from previous management. I was just randomly selected for the layoff. All of this to say aside from the test's mentioned it was pretty straightforward. People at Arbitron are really nice. Even my very first interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Im really not that good about that process so I took the first offer. It was reasonable. They actually pay alot for what you do.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arbitron (Columbia, MD) in February 2008.

Interview

con: took very long for recruiter to respond to resume phone interview, 1:1 interviews, group interview, presentation

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer: working independently or in a team?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't tell recruiter what you want to earn--its probably more than she earns

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arbitron in November 2007.

Interview

Spelling test states and major cities, verbal personality test in office over the phone, then an explanation of what you will be doing their. It is a very quick process and they will tell you in person if you have been hired or not. They do not check references as it is an immediate hire.

Interview Questions

• They just ask you about your past experience working in a sales or call center position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

$16.75 is the pay rate now, but at my interview it was $16. There's no room for a higher salary negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernākulam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arbitron (Ernākulam (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

the process began after a preliminary evaluation of resumes.the personnel interview occurred in college.first it was gd then hr interview.after gd some students were selected.the selected were having hr interwiew for 30 minutes In college.they asked varying questions.technical questions were there.they asked about future plans after graduation too.

Interview Questions

• well telling about future plans is difficult.because it depends on lot of factors.you cannot precisely tell about your future plans as it changes from time to time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arbitron (Cochin (India)).

Interview

Got shortlisted at pool process at college based on resume. Process consisted of group discussion followed by interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based out of resume.   1 Answer