Interviews for Top Jobs at Arbor Networks

2:1 on campus interview

Software Engineer Interview

I went there to get some interviewing experience. They seem to have a very rigid, full day interviewing procedure. At most stages there are two interviewers asking questions in tandem. One odd thing was that there was no interviewer of international background, which I found quite odd for a tech company located in Massachusetts.

Software Engineer Interview

In campus recruit. Submit resume in campus career fair. And get interview invite a week later.
    Interview hold in campus, about 1 minute introduce to their company and team. Then started to write code on paper. After that several CS basic question.

Network Device QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan Ctr, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan Ctr, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arbor Networks in January 2010.

i got a call from the recruiter. She asked very basic questions about networking like tcp/ip and RIP and OSPF and a very definations about software testing. This lasted about 20 mins. She told me that i should expect a call from the team manager in about a week. She scheduled an appointment for next week. The interview was taken over the phone by two people. One QA specialist and one Network Specialist. They concentrated more on my resume. The projects i had done earlier. I was asked a lot of RIP and OSPF and again just the basic definations in QA. They asked me about LINIX shell scripting which i dont know. It lasted about 40mins. They were supposed to call back for the on-site. But did not. whenever i follow up they say that they are still considering me as a potential candidate for the next round but have not decided yet. Its been 45 days and still haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • what are virtual links in OSPF   View Answer
    • what is the address in the IP field when it goes from one router to another   View Answer