Arby's

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

Interview Details – First job interview ever. Got the job. I walked in and asked for an application from the shift manager in person. Got a food preparation certification prior to even bringing my application back; it is always good to have a food prep license when applying to a restaurant job, fast food or otherwise. Brought the application back next day and turned it into the general manager. I was given an informal short interview on the spot. The manager asked why I wanted the job, what my availability was and my transportation situation. Try to maintain a friendly, professional attitude and wear something semi-formal. I shook hands in a business like way and said thank you for the time. I was told I would be contacted soon for the actual interview. Got the call two weeks later and showed up ten minutes early. Remember to actively listen to them and be responsive. Have some questions about the position itself and your duties prepared so they know you are interested in the job and not just the money. Answer questions honestly, but as professionally and positively as possible. Try not to bring up pay and benefits as that can leave the wrong impression. Wait for the manager to do so, or discuss salary and other benefits once you're and filling out the tax paperwork since it will be more relevant at that point. Other than that, stay positive and be straightforward. The hiring process is a part of life and no one wants it to turn into a game or a show. Be pleasant and show you're willing to learn new skills and view the job as a valuable part of gaining experience, and you're sure to be hired.

Interview Question – None. The interview was very to the point. We discussed hours, duties, what things I am willing to do as far as cleaning is concerned, whether I would stay late, open/close the store or work holidays, rate of pay and when I was available to start.   Answer Question

Ponca City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arby's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Once an application is submitted it is reviewed by local store management. If the applicant is desirable they are contacted for an interview. There is typically 1 interview but depending on the general manager their could be 2, the first of which would be with an assistant and the 2nd would be with the general manager if the assistant manager passed the application on for further consideration. Once the GM makes their decision to hire there is a background check ran prior to offering the applicant a position.

Interview Question – There are no questions which should be unexpected during the interview. The interview questions are generally typical questions you would be asked during any interview.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in February 2014.

Interview Details – I walked in to the store and the man who was holding the door for me turned out to be the District Manager. He saw me carrying an application, told me to take a seat and he would be with me in a minute. So we had the interview right in the store the same day and it was fairly simple, we went over the application, he asked why I wanted to work there, when I could work, and basically told me I will get a call by monday (it was friday).

Interview Question – All questions were very simple, maybe the hardest was "Why do you want to work here?" and only because I felt it would be wrong to say "I need money" so I came up with other answers.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arby's in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty easy straight to the point questions.

Negotiation Details – None

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Well, we were opening a new store, so I got interviewed at an old store. They were holding walk-in interviews, so I came in and got an interview. The interview process was great, and I enjoyed talking to the interviewer. The lady who interviewed me was the district manager, and she looked a lot like my great aunt. We enjoyed talking, and a few weeks later I got a call that I had been hired. The only bad thing was the GM had gave me the wrong starting date for the training, so I was a day late for the training.

Interview Question – I would say the most difficult question would have been my weaknesses.   Answer Question

Layton, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arby's in December 2013.

Interview Details – Misleading interview.

Interview Question – Hardly any questions asked. Seemed desperate for employees.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't take the job. Not worth the stress.

Holland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details – I was never really interviewed at this company. I got the job through a family friend. I was a minor at the time and couldn't get ahold of a work permit so he held the job for me until I was 18.

Interview Question – Would you be wiling to cut your hair?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Do you want the job? Yes.

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details – Turned in application for crew member, Got interviewed, They wanted me to get interviewed by the District Manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was simple and straight forward.

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details – There was only one interview for the process. I was offered a beverage for free and then I was asked why I had chose Arby's as a place to work, and etc.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a question that caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details – If you get an interview we are seriously considering you for the job. The interview is really just to make sure you are stable and not lying about what is on your application.

Interview Question – It was all mostly job related (do you have transportation, when are you available, etc.)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arby's

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arby's Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arby's employees and interview candidates.