Arby's Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arby's (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online at Snagajob.com and got a call about 2 hours later to set up an interview the next day. Got hired immediately because she needed people on the job and many were cut. Came in three days later to fill out paperwork and started that day. Pretty easy interview. Great for summer employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set wage

Other Interview Reviews for Arby's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arby's (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything seemed very unprofessional. The manager set up an interview on the spot when I turned in my application for the next day. The interview there went very well, and he told me to come back a few days later with a photo ID and set me up for training. I showed up fifteen minutes early for my second interview, something I always do to give a good impression about my punctuality, and the manager is nowhere to be found. The employees had no idea where the manager was either. Finally, a crew member went back to his office to tell him I was there and ask if he wanted to reschedule, to which he responded "I'm just talking to corporate for a few minutes, tell her I'll be out soon". I proceeded to sit there and wait for the manager for 2 hours, until a NEW manager came out to do my "interview". I don't know if this guy was from corporate or what, but I'd never seen him working there before, and since he was talking to "corporate", I'm assuming that's where he was from. This guys basically gave me the EXACT same interview that the previous manager did. So I politely told him "I already passed the interview with -managers name-, I'm just here to receive my paper work and give you guys a photo copy of my ID". He completely ignored that and continued to ask me the same questions. I ended up getting the job, but it turns out, I didn't even need to bring my ID, social security card, birth certificate, work pants, or shoes today, all of which I spent the entire previous day getting together. My mother works in corp. and she knows that if there's a meeting going on during the same time as an interview, you're not supposed to tell the interviewee to wait. Especially not for 2 hours. Im supposed to go in for training a week from today, and I'm glad I got the job, but I'm now doubting if I even want to work for them based on how unproffesionally they handled things today.

Interview Questions

• "Why?" To anything you put on the application.   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arby's (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I turned in an application on a Monday and got a call back the next day asking for an interview that Wednesday but I had to push it back a day, which was fine with the assistant manager. I arrived about fifteen odd minutes early to a slow frontline but a busy AM. I caught in in a down moment and told her when she was ready, I was, no rush. She offered me some water and took abother maybe five minutes to start up the interview.

I had prepared myself via this site/app for the "crew member" position and had the more 'laid back' experience described by others. As in I was asked about my hobbies, a bit about where I'd worked before and what duties I held, and then was told straight out that she was interested in hiring me and then we talked availability. However this Arby's seemed so shortstaffed that she left the interview for about five minutes to take care of what I think was some drive thru orders and/or the fry line, so they definitely needed some help. Overall good experience and I'm having a good time working there so far, too! Hope this helps :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Arby's (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Applied in-person. Got called in for a interview a week later. The interview took place in the lobby with the manager. I was asked the basic job interview questions and the interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot. I then had to go apply for a food handlers card before officially starting.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arby's.

Interview

The interview was easy. I was asked about future plans in life, how long i planned to be at arbys and why i wanted to work there. Took about 15 minutes for the whole interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Min wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arby's (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very simple and easy. My GM only asked a few questions, all of which were common sense, and they showed me videos to train me. From there, you transition into working with the other crew members and they show how to work the registers, bag orders, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arby's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First job interview ever. Got the job. I walked in and asked for an application from the shift manager in person. Got a food preparation certification prior to even bringing my application back; it is always good to have a food prep license when applying to a restaurant job, fast food or otherwise. Brought the application back next day and turned it into the general manager. I was given an informal short interview on the spot. The manager asked why I wanted the job, what my availability was and my transportation situation. Try to maintain a friendly, professional attitude and wear something semi-formal. I shook hands in a business like way and said thank you for the time. I was told I would be contacted soon for the actual interview. Got the call two weeks later and showed up ten minutes early. Remember to actively listen to them and be responsive. Have some questions about the position itself and your duties prepared so they know you are interested in the job and not just the money. Answer questions honestly, but as professionally and positively as possible. Try not to bring up pay and benefits as that can leave the wrong impression. Wait for the manager to do so, or discuss salary and other benefits once you're and filling out the tax paperwork since it will be more relevant at that point. Other than that, stay positive and be straightforward. The hiring process is a part of life and no one wants it to turn into a game or a show. Be pleasant and show you're willing to learn new skills and view the job as a valuable part of gaining experience, and you're sure to be hired.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was very to the point. We discussed hours, duties, what things I am willing to do as far as cleaning is concerned, whether I would stay late, open/close the store or work holidays, rate of pay and when I was available to start.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arby's in February 2014.

Interview

I walked in to the store and the man who was holding the door for me turned out to be the District Manager. He saw me carrying an application, told me to take a seat and he would be with me in a minute. So we had the interview right in the store the same day and it was fairly simple, we went over the application, he asked why I wanted to work there, when I could work, and basically told me I will get a call by monday (it was friday).

Interview Questions

• All questions were very simple, maybe the hardest was "Why do you want to work here?" and only because I felt it would be wrong to say "I need money" so I came up with other answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Layton, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arby's (Layton, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Misleading interview.

Interview Questions

• Hardly any questions asked. Seemed desperate for employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the job. Not worth the stress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Arby's (Holland, OH).

Interview

I was never really interviewed at this company. I got the job through a family friend. I was a minor at the time and couldn't get ahold of a work permit so he held the job for me until I was 18.

Interview Questions

• Would you be wiling to cut your hair?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Do you want the job? Yes.