Arby's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy, not difficult to answer any questions. Mostly concerned with what hours you were available and if you were flexible. Asked about honesty and what you would do in certain instances such as your register is short. Asked general math questions. Asked why you want to work here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Post Falls, ID).

Interview

sat down in lobby of the store had to wait until it was not busy, once he cam out he had asked a few questions, I answered them and we laughed a few times, It was over all very simple, he gave me the job on the spot,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean Springs, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Ocean Springs, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

I wasn't interviewed very much. I guess they had just fired a girl because she was dishonest with the company and since my application was on file they pulled it and called me. I went into the restaurant and sat down with the general manager who just asked mostly questions about my work availability. It didn't feel very much like an interview and it was short. They seemed like they just really needed to hire someone ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to do this job?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • He also asked me about my availability because of what I wrote down.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me about this job?   1 Answer
    • I had put down a desired pay rate of $8.00 per hour because I knew he would offer less if I was offered a job. (this is my first job and minimum wage is $7.25) He told me he couldn't give me 8/hour and he offered me a little more than minimum wage and I accepted.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Arby's (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interview was very laid back. I had worked for them in the past so it was very easy. I had remembered a lot of their values and standards and the manager was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about Arbys   1 Answer

Front Line Interview

Interview

Applied in person. Quick response to my application. Standard interview about past experience and why I fit the position. Went smoothly and I was out of there in no time. I had to take a drug test which had to be done in 24 hours or you will not be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were in a stressful situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Stoughton, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Handed in an application in person and was contacted three days later with an appointment for an interview later that afternoon. I was hired immediately at the end of the interview and was required to start training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard questions. Basically just went over what I had put on the application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I turned in an application on a Monday and got a call back the next day asking for an interview that Wednesday but I had to push it back a day, which was fine with the assistant manager. I arrived about fifteen odd minutes early to a slow frontline but a busy AM. I caught in in a down moment and told her when she was ready, I was, no rush. She offered me some water and took abother maybe five minutes to start up the interview. I had prepared myself via this site/app for the "crew member" position and had the more 'laid back' experience described by others. As in I was asked about my hobbies, a bit about where I'd worked before and what duties I held, and then was told straight out that she was interested in hiring me and then we talked availability. However this Arby's seemed so shortstaffed that she left the interview for about five minutes to take care of what I think was some drive thru orders and/or the fry line, so they definitely needed some help. Overall good experience and I'm having a good time working there so far, too! Hope this helps :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online at Snagajob.com and got a call about 2 hours later to set up an interview the next day. Got hired immediately because she needed people on the job and many were cut. Came in three days later to fill out paperwork and started that day. Pretty easy interview. Great for summer employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything seemed very unprofessional. The manager set up an interview on the spot when I turned in my application for the next day. The interview there went very well, and he told me to come back a few days later with a photo ID and set me up for training. I showed up fifteen minutes early for my second interview, something I always do to give a good impression about my punctuality, and the manager is nowhere to be found. The employees had no idea where the manager was either. Finally, a crew member went back to his office to tell him I was there and ask if he wanted to reschedule, to which he responded "I'm just talking to corporate for a few minutes, tell her I'll be out soon". I proceeded to sit there and wait for the manager for 2 hours, until a NEW manager came out to do my "interview". I don't know if this guy was from corporate or what, but I'd never seen him working there before, and since he was talking to "corporate", I'm assuming that's where he was from. This guys basically gave me the EXACT same interview that the previous manager did. So I politely told him "I already passed the interview with -managers name-, I'm just here to receive my paper work and give you guys a photo copy of my ID". He completely ignored that and continued to ask me the same questions. I ended up getting the job, but it turns out, I didn't even need to bring my ID, social security card, birth certificate, work pants, or shoes today, all of which I spent the entire previous day getting together. My mother works in corp. and she knows that if there's a meeting going on during the same time as an interview, you're not supposed to tell the interviewee to wait. Especially not for 2 hours. Im supposed to go in for training a week from today, and I'm glad I got the job, but I'm now doubting if I even want to work for them based on how unproffesionally they handled things today.

Interview Questions

• "Why?" To anything you put on the application.   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set pay

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Savannah, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived at my interview and was offered a beverage, but then declined. One of the employees asked my name and went to get the manager. He then came out and I stood greeting him. When then sat down and started the interview. He introduced himself and then asked about me, my extra curricular activities, and transportation. I noted that I was 16 along the way and he said " I didn't know you were that young." It took me buy surprise because the job opening was for a teenager 16+. Then he went on to tell me about how the business was in a crime area and concluded that because I was student council president, and maintained good grades that I didn't have enough street smarts to work there. He even brought out other employees that I suppose were suppose to give off an aggressive personality. I was ready to leave at this point. At the end he said to give him a call in a few days, but after the interview I left and never looked back. I applied to another arbys a couple months later and I got the job. While the first location wasn't the best, I do believe I'm going to like the second arbys location.

Interview Questions

• Do you have extra curricular activities that would interfere with the job?   1 Answer