Arby's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waverly, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's.

It was an open Interview Process. I saw the now doing open interviews sign. I walked in asked for a manager signed up and returned the day i was scheduled for my interview early.

I answered all their questions honestly and maintained eye contact the whole time. I gave examples of my background since I did not have much experience to draw from I discussed school and leading projects when asked about work.

I was offered a job and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you have little work experience?   View Answer
    It was easy they start everyone at the same wage regardless of your background.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Arby's.

I like interviews so it so easy for me. Most likely it will be two people interviewing it the same time. I don't what I could said know your fast food. We slice meat every day.

my pay

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Arby's.

When asking for and turning in an application, DO NOT:
    Come during lunch or dinner (it's a restaurant - we're busy)
    Go through the drive thru (I'm not worth your time? You aren't worth mine)
    Ask for a pen (You aren't prepared)
    Forget to push in your chair (bad personal responsibility & integrity tell)

When turning in your application, I recommend coming in on a weekday afternoon when it is slower, and ask for a hiring manager. Hand them the application and ask if they have any questions. Tell them what you are looking for ("I would like around 20 hours a week, and I am available any time I am not in class")

Interview Questions
    • There will always be a question or two revolving around how you will handle customer complaints - especially when you think the customer is wrong.   View Answer
    Little negotiation room. Some will say they 'have to' start you at minimum wage - don't fall for it.

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walla Walla, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arby's.

I was in search of my first real job and I had put in applications at various places but had not received any indication that I was going to get an interview. However, I applied at Arby's with my younger brother who had previously worked at McDonald's and got the word that they wanted to interview us. Both of us came in about a week after we had initially applied and were separately interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any commitments that would affect your availability to work any day of the week?   View Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's.

For a support position, you'll meet with the hiring manager and possibly the dept VP.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was friendly. Middle managers often don't know how to interview.   Answer Question
    I negotiated vacation to have more. They ran it by the Sen Vice President and atty and said yes.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

3-5 days interview basic questions was hired on the spot and got started right away. it was about a week before I got the initial call for an interview. went the next day and got the job.

Interview Questions
    there was negotiation it was met towards the middle

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

First job interview ever. Got the job. I walked in and asked for an application from the shift manager in person. Got a food preparation certification prior to even bringing my application back; it is always good to have a food prep license when applying to a restaurant job, fast food or otherwise. Brought the application back next day and turned it into the general manager. I was given an informal short interview on the spot. The manager asked why I wanted the job, what my availability was and my transportation situation. Try to maintain a friendly, professional attitude and wear something semi-formal. I shook hands in a business like way and said thank you for the time. I was told I would be contacted soon for the actual interview. Got the call two weeks later and showed up ten minutes early. Remember to actively listen to them and be responsive. Have some questions about the position itself and your duties prepared so they know you are interested in the job and not just the money. Answer questions honestly, but as professionally and positively as possible. Try not to bring up pay and benefits as that can leave the wrong impression. Wait for the manager to do so, or discuss salary and other benefits once you're and filling out the tax paperwork since it will be more relevant at that point. Other than that, stay positive and be straightforward. The hiring process is a part of life and no one wants it to turn into a game or a show. Be pleasant and show you're willing to learn new skills and view the job as a valuable part of gaining experience, and you're sure to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview was very to the point. We discussed hours, duties, what things I am willing to do as far as cleaning is concerned, whether I would stay late, open/close the store or work holidays, rate of pay and when I was available to start.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in February 2014.

I walked in to the store and the man who was holding the door for me turned out to be the District Manager. He saw me carrying an application, told me to take a seat and he would be with me in a minute. So we had the interview right in the store the same day and it was fairly simple, we went over the application, he asked why I wanted to work there, when I could work, and basically told me I will get a call by monday (it was friday).

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very simple, maybe the hardest was "Why do you want to work here?" and only because I felt it would be wrong to say "I need money" so I came up with other answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Arby's in January 2014.

First interview went fine. One on one. She asked more casual questions than professional ones which kind of threw me off. Asked me to come back for a second interview with her boss a couple days later. When I showed up, she told me she was too busy and to come back the next day. I did, but the boss I was supposed to talk to wasn't there. I was told to call on Monday. When I did, I was told that the boss would call me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly asked about my hobbies.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Very relaxed, poorly conducted, informal.

Conductor was unenthusiastic was frustrated about having to do it.

No follow up interview.

not willing to negotiate

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!