Arby's

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arby's in May 2010.

Phone, Area Supervisor, Regional. A lot of behavioral questions. Arby's has a respect policy they take very seriously. Many questions like, "tell me about a time you....." Interviewers are very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you disagreed with company policy and how did you handle it   View Answer
    Salary ranges from 30's to 50's. Everything is negotiable.

Vague Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arby's in September 2014.

Referred to opening. Told to come for application with interview at 3:30 a couple of days later. Showed up with resume and prepared for interview. Felt like I was a nuisance for showing up. Given application to fill out. When finished told there was a lot of applicants and how early could I be in to work in the mornings. Then told I would get a call back after she reviewed other applicants. I left thinking what weird interview (only one question). Two weeks went by before I was called for another interview. I was properly dressed like at the first appointment and arrived fifteen minutes early, so I had to wait until she was finished with present interview in progress. This interview last about 20 minutes. Was asked to tell about myself, what hobbies I like, previous and present education, a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, what would make me stand out to customers in a way that would make them ask for me personally, personal responsibilities, daycare arrangements, and shift availability. At the end I was given opportunity to ask questions, which I asked about position I was being interviewed for, typical week hours, and typical day at work. I was given vague answers such as we can hire for any shift, hours depend on you, and work day varies.Then told I would hear from here after decision. Another two weeks pass by before I receive a call to return for a second interview. This was the weirdest interview I have ever had for any position---EVER! I arrived the usual fifteen minutes early but had to wait over an hour because the Manager interviewing me was late arriving. After about 45 minutes the Manager present when I arrived decided to call and ask why he was late? He said he would be there within the next ten minutes. I was offered a drink for having to wait. He came in and seemed rushed. Then said I will make this sweet and simple: tell me about yourself. No handshake, nothing. Just as I was answering one of the workers came from the back and told him the other Manager needed to talk to him. He left for about ten minutes then returned and said okay finish up while I read this resume. After that, the interview went weirder from asking questions about my previous job Managers and their ethnicity, my personal goals, what other jobs I applied for, why did I apply to Arby's, have I ever eaten at Arby's before and how many times, how hard have I been searching for a job, was I expecting full-time or part-time employment, what salary was I expecting, what changes were going on in my life, and where do I see myself in five years. It got so crazy that I asked was he having a bad day. He then preceded to talk about having a poker face and he was tired of hiring people who brought drama or didn't want to work so what make me any different. I replied that I should not be judged based on his past employees. Then he went on to say he doesn't care how much experience I had or how much I was willing to work and easy to train, he wanted employees that wasn't like the ones he had in the past or that were not good now. He also made sure that I understood that the job was $7.25/hr, there were no insurance benefits until after you work at least 30 hrs a week for a year, and that they were only hiring for part-time, which was less than 30 hours a week. Once I sign the paperwork, then there was no changing the part-time to full-time. Full-time was only 30 hours or more. At this point, I was thinking that I do not want to work for this company even if offered a position. He ended by saying he was a fair person but he was tired of hiring people that brought drama and didn't want to work and that I would hear something by Thursday (the interview day was Tuesday). I politely thanked him for the interview, extended my hand for a shake which he seemed surprised by, and prepared to leave. I do not want to work for a company who is already looking for the negative based on others they have hired and that seems to having so many issues going on within that people are quitting that often. I left the interview feeling like I was being reprimanded for the actions of others. Will decline offer even though I really do need the position but I am worried it's not worth the stress nor time.

Interview Questions
    • What other places have you applied for jobs? How many times have you eaten at Arby's? What's your favorite restaurant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arby's in May 2014.

General application through snag-a-job. Then an interview gets set up with the area supervisor. If he/she likes you, then it's another interview with the director of operations depending on his schedule. 5 weeks team member training when hired, 5 weeks management, then 5 weeks advanced management before certification is discussed. Will train only in certified training units.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Bluff, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Bluff, AR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Arby's in June 2010.

The managers were pleasant and made me feel comfortable even though at that time I was young. Just basic questions about you and a few behavioral questions. It was serious enough to know that even though it was fast food, not just anyone could get hired. But it was also a very comforting atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer slammed down the money for her food onto the counter even though your hand was out, what would you do?   Answer Question
    N/A

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponca City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponca City, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arby's in February 2011.

Once an application is submitted it is reviewed by local store management. If the applicant is desirable they are contacted for an interview. There is typically 1 interview but depending on the general manager their could be 2, the first of which would be with an assistant and the 2nd would be with the general manager if the assistant manager passed the application on for further consideration. Once the GM makes their decision to hire there is a background check ran prior to offering the applicant a position.

Interview Questions
    • There are no questions which should be unexpected during the interview. The interview questions are generally typical questions you would be asked during any interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Arby's.

I interviewed firat with the district manager and second the regional director of operations I negotiated my pay from 8.40 to 8.75 and then had 6 weeks of training in the management program before running one of their stores.

I negotiated 8.40 to 8.75 an hour based on experience

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arby's.

I was in search of my first real job and I had put in applications at various places but had not received any indication that I was going to get an interview. However, I applied at Arby's with my younger brother who had previously worked at McDonald's and got the word that they wanted to interview us. Both of us came in about a week after we had initially applied and were separately interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any commitments that would affect your availability to work any day of the week?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Arby's in June 2010.

Interviewed on the spot by assistant manager, asked questions about specific experiences, behavioral interview, asked questions about goals and pass times, goal of the interview was to learn whether or not you are a go getter that will grow with the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Are you better than this person?.... I stated that my sister took a psych course and got an A so I knew it would be an easy class, he asked if I was smarter than my sister.   View Answer
    It was a minimum wage position as a team member

Team Trainer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arby's in January 2010.

Turn in application and then caal and check on it; after you get an interview might get a second one set up or just scheduled for orientation

Interview Questions
    I didn't try it was a good offer especially for my first job

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arby's.

This was my first ever interview, so I was slightly nervous but my interviewer was very nice and he did not ask many challenging questions, I finished the interview in about 5-10 minutes and he told me what I'd need to get for my uniform and that he'd call me in about a weeks time with when I'd be starting.

Interview Questions
    • If hired what position could you see yourself best working in (i.e. Front, kitchen, or drive-thru)?   View Answer