Arby's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online at Snagajob.com and got a call about 2 hours later to set up an interview the next day. Got hired immediately because she needed people on the job and many were cut. Came in three days later to fill out paperwork and started that day. Pretty easy interview. Great for summer employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set wage

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything seemed very unprofessional. The manager set up an interview on the spot when I turned in my application for the next day. The interview there went very well, and he told me to come back a few days later with a photo ID and set me up for training. I showed up fifteen minutes early for my second interview, something I always do to give a good impression about my punctuality, and the manager is nowhere to be found. The employees had no idea where the manager was either. Finally, a crew member went back to his office to tell him I was there and ask if he wanted to reschedule, to which he responded "I'm just talking to corporate for a few minutes, tell her I'll be out soon". I proceeded to sit there and wait for the manager for 2 hours, until a NEW manager came out to do my "interview". I don't know if this guy was from corporate or what, but I'd never seen him working there before, and since he was talking to "corporate", I'm assuming that's where he was from. This guys basically gave me the EXACT same interview that the previous manager did. So I politely told him "I already passed the interview with -managers name-, I'm just here to receive my paper work and give you guys a photo copy of my ID". He completely ignored that and continued to ask me the same questions. I ended up getting the job, but it turns out, I didn't even need to bring my ID, social security card, birth certificate, work pants, or shoes today, all of which I spent the entire previous day getting together. My mother works in corp. and she knows that if there's a meeting going on during the same time as an interview, you're not supposed to tell the interviewee to wait. Especially not for 2 hours. Im supposed to go in for training a week from today, and I'm glad I got the job, but I'm now doubting if I even want to work for them based on how unproffesionally they handled things today.

Interview Questions

• "Why?" To anything you put on the application.   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set pay

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arby's.

Interview

Interview was less than 30 minutes. Interview was one on one. Interview was held in dining area. Interviewer was the assistant store manager. Interviewer was very nice. Interview was fairly simple. No surprise questions. Basically wanted to know if I had any previous cashier experience and to know my hours of availability.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's.

Interview

Very relaxed, the GM mainly wanted to know my schedule and availability. The manager was interested in if I had a bubbly personality and was I able to multitask while taking direction. She made it know that Arby's was team effort.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

we really didn't have to negotiate the company worked around my schedule

Brand Activation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arby's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Process moved fairly quickly. I applied online on a Sunday. Had a phone interview the following Tuesday and an In-person a week later. They were very friendly and welcoming. I met with 4 different people for my in person interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arby's.

Interview

Very good at getting to know you before they hire you. It's not a very difficult job but it is demanding so if your not a people person, your not going to last long. When working with the public, it's very easy to make them mad, so she explained what I would be doing and let me tell her about myself as we went along. By the end of it, she asked me when I could start and how much she could give me per hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a positive vibe easy questions asked they asked me like 4 questions the most like why did I want to work there. Very easy and simple. Be sociable and communicate with the interviewer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and brief. Just be yourself laugh, tell little brief stories communicate. Do not let the interviewer do all the talking!! Hope you get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Applied in-person. Got called in for a interview a week later. The interview took place in the lobby with the manager. I was asked the basic job interview questions and the interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot. I then had to go apply for a food handlers card before officially starting.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arby's (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

I interviewed firat with the district manager and second the regional director of operations I negotiated my pay from 8.40 to 8.75 and then had 6 weeks of training in the management program before running one of their stores.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated 8.40 to 8.75 an hour based on experience

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out and application in the store and then the gm called me and I interviewed with her and she liked me so I then interviewd with the area manager