Arc Aspicio Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.0

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

The entire interview process took about four months, including an in-person visit and three phone interviews. HR staff and employees were all pleasant. The offer I received was well below the industry average. When I submitted a counter-offer, they showed no interest in negotiating.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cove letter for this specific position online and then was contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer spent more time talking about the company than asking questions, and was clearly reading everything off a script. She even yawned while talking and sounded miserable. The questions were cookie-cutter questions that were clearly just being asked down a checklist. I don't even think she reviewed or was looking at my resume. Every negative review on this page is accurate. Also, it's laughable how fake the positive reviews are for this company. Clearly upper management writing positive reviews for themselves.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in Arc Aspicio?". "Why are you a good fit for this position?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied, received an email requesting a phone interview. After some scheduling issues (got rescheduled at the last minute) the phone interview was quick and painless. It was a very junior person - an intern I think? - which seemed very unprofessional, but I figured it was just a phone interview and I'd see what the in-person was like. After the phone interview, they asked me to submit writing samples, which I did and then didn't hear from them for a few weeks. Out of the blue I got an email asking me to come in for an interview that week. When I went in to the office, things were very disorganized - an intern brought me to the room and explained that my interviewer was in a meeting. I waited about 20 minutes and then my interviewer, a young guy, came in to talk to me. He didn't know what role I was being interviewed for, or even what roles were open. He wasn't interviewing me for a role on his team because there were no roles on his team. He said this was a general interview and I'd be called back for a project interview if a position was found. Um, what? I took time off work to come in for this interview assuming there was a position open, but I guess this company just likes to keep their talent pool fresh without having any actual openings. It was annoyingly misleading and I would have turned down the interview if I knew there wasn't an open role. Also, the in-person interview wound up being similar to the phone interview in that it was a few basic questions about me and then a whole bunch of baloney about why this company is the Best. Company. Ever. Seriously, if you have to work that hard to convince me, it must not be true.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer
    • Will you travel to client sites that aren't metro accessible?   1 Answer
    • Did you know that we are the best company ever? Tell us why we are such a great company!   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio.

Interview

The interview went pretty much the same way the prior posts on here described. There was not specifics given about the position I applied for. Per the email, there were no positions available that matched what I was looking for. So I'm confused as to why I was called in to be interviewed.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer seemed unprepared, sounded young and wasn't able to converse about technical experiences- reflected poorly on the management's ability to plan the HR process. Subsequent email coordination seemed hasty and poorly written, typos were increasingly present from higher ranking staff. In hindsight HR enthusiasm after acceptance seemed artificial and belied what was ahead.

Interview Questions

• General questions, only about the company and homeland security- cursory questions about previous experience   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within one day, where I was asked to submit an application and writing samples. A day after submitting these, I was asked to participate in a phone interview. However, I cancelled our scheduled phone interview after reading these reviews online. While I understand that some negative reviews may be written by disgruntled employees, the sheer quantity and the consistent issues addressed in the content--coupled with the fact that the 5-star reviews are clearly written by senior management or perhaps the CEO herself--are a huge turn-off. Further, the benefits offered on your website may seem decent at first glance, until you read them and realize that it's a lot of talk and ultimately, they are way below industry standards. Finally, the fact that your interns are so heavily involved in your hiring process doesn't speak of a 'lack of hierarchy and open access to management', it reflects a poor company policy of having people with no experience in hiring take over your HR duties for free. And finally, you should clean up your website. It's filled to the brim with information but I've found that when companies feel the need to tout all of their supposed benefits and successes, most of it is fluff. True success speaks for itself.

Interview Questions

• None as I cancelled the phone interview after the second stage.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, with the usual "walk me through your resume type questions", lasting about 35 minutes. The interviewer stated that I'd be a great fit for the position I was applying for. I received an email two days later saying the interview went well and I have been referred to the next step in the process. I had to submit two writing samples and complete the online application. A week later I was scheduled an in-person interview with one of the Program Managers. The in-person interview had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you...” which went well for the most part. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the position I applied for is not the position I will be offered, but the company takes every applicant and places them in the best position available within the company based on their experience (in short, needs of the company). However, he could not say what positions were available or open. He also bragged about how they (PM’s) screen about 200 applicants for the perfect candidate. Atthis point, I really believed I was wasting my time. I received an email six weeks later stating that they were in the process of receiving new opportunities, but to let them know if my situation changes. I replied asking what opportunities or position I was being offered and where do I fit in for these new opportunities. It’s been about three weeks with no response. It’s almost like they are dangling a carrot to string me along; not to mention disrespectful and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem, tell me about a time when you disagreed with management and what was the outcome, did I have a problem with the core hours and do I have reliable transportation.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Arc Aspicio in August 2014.

Interview

A child called to interview me. The answers I gave seemed to be way over his head. He never interacted or responded to my answers as if his only duty was to read me question from his computer screen. Waste of time. I really don't understand why they advertise these jobs they don't have.

Interview Questions

• The conversation was all about them as if they were bragging about how good they are. That gave me a bad impression.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I received an email maybe 2 days later stating they wanted more information and then a date and time was scheduled for the phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 35 minutes. The interviewer went over the background of the company and also the job (not much extra than what can be found online). Pretty simple process and easy to navigate the website.

Interview Questions

• They were the average questions most companies ask... if you were in this position and not given all the right tools, what would you do next? Or name a time that others did not agree with you, what did you do afterwards? Nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio in March 2014.

Interview

This interview quite honestly was a waste of time. I applied for a specific position. The person interviewing me was 10 minutes late and doesn't apologize for it. Then informs me that position I applied for really doesn't exist and what they do is "see where you fit" in the company. What?! The questions I were asked were very generic and nothing that had me elaborate on my skill set and experience. She offered up how this the best places shes ever worked. I asked her, then why do they have such poor company review ratings? The answer was vague and she basically said that those were just disgruntled employees. I wouldn't waste my time applying for this company.