Arc Aspicio

Arc Aspicio Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.1

The Negative (But Most Likely Truthful) Reviews Helped Me Steer Clear of This Company! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online and was contacted within one day, where I was asked to submit an application and writing samples. A day after submitting these, I was asked to participate in a phone interview. However, I cancelled our scheduled phone interview after reading these reviews online. While I understand that some negative reviews may be written by disgruntled employees, the sheer quantity and the consistent issues addressed in the content--coupled with the fact that the 5-star reviews are clearly written by senior management or perhaps the CEO herself--are a huge turn-off. Further, the benefits offered on your website may seem decent at first glance, until you read them and realize that it's a lot of talk and ultimately, they are way below industry standards. Finally, the fact that your interns are so heavily involved in your hiring process doesn't speak of a 'lack of hierarchy and open access to management', it reflects a poor company policy of having people with no experience in hiring take over your HR duties for free. And finally, you should clean up your website. It's filled to the brim with information but I've found that when companies feel the need to tout all of their supposed benefits and successes, most of it is fluff. True success speaks for itself.

Interview Questions
    • None as I cancelled the phone interview after the second stage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arc Aspicio.

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, with the usual "walk me through your resume type questions", lasting about 35 minutes. The interviewer stated that I'd be a great fit for the position I was applying for. I received an email two days later saying the interview went well and I have been referred to the next step in the process. I had to submit two writing samples and complete the online application. A week later I was scheduled an in-person interview with one of the Program Managers.

The in-person interview had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you...” which went well for the most part. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the position I applied for is not the position I will be offered, but the company takes every applicant and places them in the best position available within the company based on their experience (in short, needs of the company). However, he could not say what positions were available or open. He also bragged about how they (PM’s) screen about 200 applicants for the perfect candidate. Atthis point, I really believed I was wasting my time.

I received an email six weeks later stating that they were in the process of receiving new opportunities, but to let them know if my situation changes. I replied asking what opportunities or position I was being offered and where do I fit in for these new opportunities. It’s been about three weeks with no response. It’s almost like they are dangling a carrot to string me along; not to mention disrespectful and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a problem, tell me about a time when you disagreed with management and what was the outcome, did I have a problem with the core hours and do I have reliable transportation.   Answer Question

Emergancy Management Specialist Interview

interviewed at Arc Aspicio in August 2014.

A child called to interview me. The answers I gave seemed to be way over his head. He never interacted or responded to my answers as if his only duty was to read me question from his computer screen. Waste of time. I really don't understand why they advertise these jobs they don't have.

Interview Questions
    • The conversation was all about them as if they were bragging about how good they are. That gave me a bad impression.   Answer Question

Emergency Management Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in April 2014.

I applied for the job online. I received an email maybe 2 days later stating they wanted more information and then a date and time was scheduled for the phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 35 minutes. The interviewer went over the background of the company and also the job (not much extra than what can be found online). Pretty simple process and easy to navigate the website.

Interview Questions
    • They were the average questions most companies ask... if you were in this position and not given all the right tools, what would you do next? Or name a time that others did not agree with you, what did you do afterwards? Nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Entry Level Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arc Aspicio in March 2014.

This interview quite honestly was a waste of time. I applied for a specific position. The person interviewing me was 10 minutes late and doesn't apologize for it. Then informs me that position I applied for really doesn't exist and what they do is "see where you fit" in the company. What?! The questions I were asked were very generic and nothing that had me elaborate on my skill set and experience. She offered up how this the best places shes ever worked. I asked her, then why do they have such poor company review ratings? The answer was vague and she basically said that those were just disgruntled employees. I wouldn't waste my time applying for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio.

The long interview process here only gave me more time to see how many problems they have. I can only handle so much bragging about the company. Many of the people I talked to were either under strict orders of what they could and couldn't discuss, or just could not have a real adult conversation. Much of the office management (including recruitment) is handled by interns, which seems like an irresponsible way to cut costs.

Pushing back on the unbelievably low salary offered made them defensive and unpleasant. I recommend that anybody in discussions with these people discuss money up front and in no uncertain terms before investing the effort required for an offer. If you are not comfortable doing that, there are better places for you out there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

insufficient salary, inadequate benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in January 2014.

I received an e-mail to schedule a phone call. After the phone call I had a follow-up email and another one saying the position I applied for doesn't exist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in June 2013.

The interviewer was young, asked a series of canned questions from a form (tell me about a challenging situation with a client, tell me about your consulting experience). It took one hour. He yawned several times throughout and finally said they didn't even have a position but they were bidding on future work and hoping to soon. Everyone I saw walking around looked like clones. It was like being on a college campus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, google interview questions and follow that advice. If you've ever worked for a consulting company, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio.

My interview was done with a combination of online and on the phone contact. Initially, I applied online, and was contacted very quickly to move through the phone screening process. The employees I spoke to were friendly, and very proud of their company. It was a long phone interview, maybe 45 minutes long? After the phone interview, I was asked to submit two writing samples, and fill out an extensive online application. I got an e-mail saying thank you and they would get back to me. After all that, I haven't heard anything. I've checked back in, and have been told that they were " still evaluating your credentials against current and upcoming opportunities. We will reach out to you as soon as we find a match." I haven't heard anything since, and it's been weeks.

I started wondering whether the situation is that they don't actually have very many open positions that they are hiring for. Rather, I think that maybe they try to keep a pool of qualified people "on deck" so that when they do have a job, they're able to fill it more quickly. I understand the strategy, but I think it's a little rude of the company to ask people to expend so much of their time when there isn't an open position. Additionally, I bet they spend hours recruiting people only to find that when they need them, they've already moved on to other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions seemed to be too tricky. The one thing that I didn't expect was that in the online application, they tell you what the core hours are, and ask you to respond back with your interpretation of what that means. Ditto to the area for potential work (Northern VA, DC, MD). I thought this was rather childish. If you're a professional, it shouldn't take any more than a simple, "Core hours are M-F, 8-5."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Arc Aspicio.

Applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for a phone interview; phone interview was easy with the usual "walk me through your resume questions." Got immediate response saying interview went great, etc. but then it took two months to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview which I had to travel and stay overnight for at my own expense and it had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you..." and it also went well. I received an email immediately saying how great it was, etc. but then was left hanging for probably 6 months.

I then got an email about another phone interview for the same position which seemed to go well, the interviewer said I'd be a great fit for the position. Didn't hear back so followed up and they actually told me that they reconfigured the position as a lesser role and hired someone with less experience for it.

This seemed like a great company but I found an old interview online where the CEO says their hiring is innovative because they always have people in the pipeline...the converse side of this is that, as an applicant, you could be hanging out there for years without a clear response either way. I hesitate to write this for fear of burning bridges but I thought the lack of transparency was unprofessional and the constant stringing-along diminished the standing of the company. Sure, lots of companies are doing this these days but not every company touts how great their HR practices are on their homepage.