Arc Aspicio

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arc Aspicio.

Interview Details – The long interview process here only gave me more time to see how many problems they have. I can only handle so much bragging about the company. Many of the people I talked to were either under strict orders of what they could and couldn't discuss, or just could not have a real adult conversation. Much of the office management (including recruitment) is handled by interns, which seems like an irresponsible way to cut costs.

Pushing back on the unbelievably low salary offered made them defensive and unpleasant. I recommend that anybody in discussions with these people discuss money up front and in no uncertain terms before investing the effort required for an offer. If you are not comfortable doing that, there are better places for you out there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – insufficient salary, inadequate benefits

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arc Aspicio in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail to schedule a phone call. After the phone call I had a follow-up email and another one saying the position I applied for doesn't exist.

Interview Question – Why Arc Aspicio?   Answer Question

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arc Aspicio in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer was young, asked a series of canned questions from a form (tell me about a challenging situation with a client, tell me about your consulting experience). It took one hour. He yawned several times throughout and finally said they didn't even have a position but they were bidding on future work and hoping to soon. Everyone I saw walking around looked like clones. It was like being on a college campus.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, google interview questions and follow that advice. If you've ever worked for a consulting company, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Arc Aspicio.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for a phone interview; phone interview was easy with the usual "walk me through your resume questions." Got immediate response saying interview went great, etc. but then it took two months to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview which I had to travel and stay overnight for at my own expense and it had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you..." and it also went well. I received an email immediately saying how great it was, etc. but then was left hanging for probably 6 months.

I then got an email about another phone interview for the same position which seemed to go well, the interviewer said I'd be a great fit for the position. Didn't hear back so followed up and they actually told me that they reconfigured the position as a lesser role and hired someone with less experience for it.

This seemed like a great company but I found an old interview online where the CEO says their hiring is innovative because they always have people in the pipeline...the converse side of this is that, as an applicant, you could be hanging out there for years without a clear response either way. I hesitate to write this for fear of burning bridges but I thought the lack of transparency was unprofessional and the constant stringing-along diminished the standing of the company. Sure, lots of companies are doing this these days but not every company touts how great their HR practices are on their homepage.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Arc Aspicio in July 2012.

Interview Details – The first step is a 30 minute phone interview where they ask the usual questions, what could you do for our company type of thing and talk about what the company does. The next step is waiting for an online application and asking for writing samples. I hope I get passed these 2 steps to find out what the next it.

Interview Question – They are a consulting company, and I have no consulting experience, but instead I brought up the things that I could bring to the company. New software, new ideas for puplications.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arc Aspicio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arc Aspicio interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arc Aspicio employees and interview candidates.