Arc Aspicio

Employer Engaged

Arc Aspicio Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arc Aspicio.

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, with the usual "walk me through your resume type questions", lasting about 35 minutes. The interviewer stated that I'd be a great fit for the position I was applying for. I received an email two days later saying the interview went well and I have been referred to the next step in the process. I had to submit two writing samples and complete the online application. A week later I was scheduled an in-person interview with one of the Program Managers.

The in-person interview had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you...” which went well for the most part. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the position I applied for is not the position I will be offered, but the company takes every applicant and places them in the best position available within the company based on their experience (in short, needs of the company). However, he could not say what positions were available or open. He also bragged about how they (PM’s) screen about 200 applicants for the perfect candidate. Atthis point, I really believed I was wasting my time.

I received an email six weeks later stating that they were in the process of receiving new opportunities, but to let them know if my situation changes. I replied asking what opportunities or position I was being offered and where do I fit in for these new opportunities. It’s been about three weeks with no response. It’s almost like they are dangling a carrot to string me along; not to mention disrespectful and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a problem, tell me about a time when you disagreed with management and what was the outcome, did I have a problem with the core hours and do I have reliable transportation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio.

The long interview process here only gave me more time to see how many problems they have. I can only handle so much bragging about the company. Many of the people I talked to were either under strict orders of what they could and couldn't discuss, or just could not have a real adult conversation. Much of the office management (including recruitment) is handled by interns, which seems like an irresponsible way to cut costs.

Pushing back on the unbelievably low salary offered made them defensive and unpleasant. I recommend that anybody in discussions with these people discuss money up front and in no uncertain terms before investing the effort required for an offer. If you are not comfortable doing that, there are better places for you out there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

insufficient salary, inadequate benefits

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in January 2014.

I received an e-mail to schedule a phone call. After the phone call I had a follow-up email and another one saying the position I applied for doesn't exist.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in June 2013.

The interviewer was young, asked a series of canned questions from a form (tell me about a challenging situation with a client, tell me about your consulting experience). It took one hour. He yawned several times throughout and finally said they didn't even have a position but they were bidding on future work and hoping to soon. Everyone I saw walking around looked like clones. It was like being on a college campus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, google interview questions and follow that advice. If you've ever worked for a consulting company, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Arc Aspicio.

Applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for a phone interview; phone interview was easy with the usual "walk me through your resume questions." Got immediate response saying interview went great, etc. but then it took two months to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview which I had to travel and stay overnight for at my own expense and it had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you..." and it also went well. I received an email immediately saying how great it was, etc. but then was left hanging for probably 6 months.

I then got an email about another phone interview for the same position which seemed to go well, the interviewer said I'd be a great fit for the position. Didn't hear back so followed up and they actually told me that they reconfigured the position as a lesser role and hired someone with less experience for it.

This seemed like a great company but I found an old interview online where the CEO says their hiring is innovative because they always have people in the pipeline...the converse side of this is that, as an applicant, you could be hanging out there for years without a clear response either way. I hesitate to write this for fear of burning bridges but I thought the lack of transparency was unprofessional and the constant stringing-along diminished the standing of the company. Sure, lots of companies are doing this these days but not every company touts how great their HR practices are on their homepage.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Arc Aspicio in July 2012.

The first step is a 30 minute phone interview where they ask the usual questions, what could you do for our company type of thing and talk about what the company does. The next step is waiting for an online application and asking for writing samples. I hope I get passed these 2 steps to find out what the next it.

Interview Questions
    • They are a consulting company, and I have no consulting experience, but instead I brought up the things that I could bring to the company. New software, new ideas for puplications.   Answer Question