Arc Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Senior CopyWriter
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Arc Worldwide in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initially you send a link or pdf to you work and a resume.
If they like your work, you'll interview with the most senior people in your group. It's not very uptight. Lots of small talk about who knows who. You be asked why you want to work there and stuff like that. Sometimes a senior creative person will show you what they've been working on etc. You'll watch them view your work again. Not too hard.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at ARC WW?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They used an intermediary and I didn't negotiate with the people I met with-they just did it all through HR.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview

Senior Security Governance Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Arc Worldwide in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed in November of 2008. I applied to an online job posting. An internal recruiter phone interviewed me.

After the phone interview, I was brought into the office. The office interview consisted of 6 back to back one -on-one interviews (no restroom or drink breaks). I interviewed with 3 people who were not in the department and whom I would never interact with in the potential job. The other 3, I would be working with.
The interviews were non-technical in nature. I was asked the basic interviews questions such as: "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why did you leave your previous company?” No advanced interview questions or techniques were deployed.

My overall impression was that the people were nice but not knowledgeable. It seemed like they were hiring for personality and did not understand the IT Security industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – A week later an offer was extended and verbally accepted. I called a few days later (after not receiving the written offer letter) and found out that the company decided to go on an hiring freeze. The HR recruiter was not informed of the hiring freeze. Company rescinded the offer.

5 months later (March 2009), I was brought in to interview for another position. I interviewed with 3 more people and had lunch with my potential boss. I was extended an offer that was 25k less than before. It was explained to me that this second position was not the same job grade and not for the same dept as the previous job I interviewed for. As a result, it paid differently.

Note: this was explained to me after the interview process.

I successfully negotiated for 5k more and accepted the offer (it was the height of the recession). 10 months later, I was promoted into the more senior role I originally interviewed for in Nov. 2008. However, the company/dept. refused to give the same pay and benefits. Thus, I was moved into the senior role I originally interviewed for with a 20k pay cut. I believe this is called a “bait and switch” in the HR world.
I waited for the economy to get better and then left the company. I would not do business with this company.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Senior Interaction Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arc Worldwide in September 2010.

Interview Details – The original interview for the freelance position involved two phone interviews of a span of two days. The interview for the position itself involved a panel interview with a group of people, including peers, superiors not directly reporting to, and my superior. You had one hour to create a presentation to give to the group. Afterwards, there were individual interviews of about an hour each spread of over two days. The questions varied from reviewing portfolio as well as possible scenarios with upcoming clients.

Interview Question – Create a working plan for developing a website for a mass transit system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the initial offer, I countered through my recruiter, and was told that "that was the budget they had."

Director, Interaction Design Interview

Director, Interaction Design
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arc Worldwide in October 2009.

Interview Details – HR is extremely organized and process was well planned.
For the group interview, a presentation was expected followed by a group Q&A session and then 1:1 interviews with some members of the group.
For the second round of 1:1 interviews, HR had the schedule of interviewers and their titles, which gives a clue as to what their focus might be during the interview -- and helps you to prepare yourself.

Interview Question – Talk to me about a project you were on that failed and why it failed.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arc Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arc Worldwide interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arc Worldwide employees and interview candidates.