Arc Worldwide

Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.5

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online and reached out to a recruiter. I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, but once I did the process included a phone interview with the recruiter to learn more about the position, then a phone interview with the department VP. After that I had an interview on site with four members of the team. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions
    • When you are multi-tasking and cannot possible address all items going on at once, how do you handle it?   Answer Question
    One round of negotiation took place - very little but was acceptable.

Account Director Interview

Process with smooth and fairly quick. The HR department did a nice job pre-screening to ensure both parties were aligned on position requirements, etc.

Interview Questions
    • A specific question regarding the potential clients business needs in the changing market place took a bit of extra thought on how to "solve."   Answer Question

Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in October 2010.

I interviewed in November of 2008. I applied to an online job posting. An internal recruiter phone interviewed me.

After the phone interview, I was brought into the office. The office interview consisted of 6 back to back one -on-one interviews (no restroom or drink breaks). I interviewed with 3 people who were not in the department and whom I would never interact with in the potential job. The other 3, I would be working with.
    The interviews were non-technical in nature. I was asked the basic interviews questions such as: "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why did you leave your previous company?” No advanced interview questions or techniques were deployed.

My overall impression was that the people were nice but not knowledgeable. It seemed like they were hiring for personality and did not understand the IT Security industry.

Interview Questions
    A week later an offer was extended and verbally accepted. I called a few days later (after not receiving the written offer letter) and found out that the company decided to go on an hiring freeze. The HR recruiter was not informed of the hiring freeze. Company rescinded the offer.

5 months later (March 2009), I was brought in to interview for another position. I interviewed with 3 more people and had lunch with my potential boss. I was extended an offer that was 25k less than before. It was explained to me that this second position was not the same job grade and not for the same dept as the previous job I interviewed for. As a result, it paid differently.

Note: this was explained to me after the interview process.

I successfully negotiated for 5k more and accepted the offer (it was the height of the recession). 10 months later, I was promoted into the more senior role I originally interviewed for in Nov. 2008. However, the company/dept. refused to give the same pay and benefits. Thus, I was moved into the senior role I originally interviewed for with a 20k pay cut. I believe this is called a “bait and switch” in the HR world.
    I waited for the economy to get better and then left the company. I would not do business with this company.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in September 2010.

The original interview for the freelance position involved two phone interviews of a span of two days. The interview for the position itself involved a panel interview with a group of people, including peers, superiors not directly reporting to, and my superior. You had one hour to create a presentation to give to the group. Afterwards, there were individual interviews of about an hour each spread of over two days. The questions varied from reviewing portfolio as well as possible scenarios with upcoming clients.

Interview Questions
    • Create a working plan for developing a website for a mass transit system.   Answer Question
    After the initial offer, I countered through my recruiter, and was told that "that was the budget they had."

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in May 2010.

Initially you send a link or pdf to you work and a resume.
    If they like your work, you'll interview with the most senior people in your group. It's not very uptight. Lots of small talk about who knows who. You be asked why you want to work there and stuff like that. Sometimes a senior creative person will show you what they've been working on etc. You'll watch them view your work again. Not too hard.

Interview Questions
    They used an intermediary and I didn't negotiate with the people I met with-they just did it all through HR.

Director, Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in October 2009.

HR is extremely organized and process was well planned.
    For the group interview, a presentation was expected followed by a group Q&A session and then 1:1 interviews with some members of the group.
    For the second round of 1:1 interviews, HR had the schedule of interviewers and their titles, which gives a clue as to what their focus might be during the interview -- and helps you to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about a project you were on that failed and why it failed.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arc Worldwide.

Long process. Lots of waiting.

Interview Questions
    No opportunity to negotiate.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kensington, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kensington, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in January 2011.

I was sent to them via a recruiter. The initial interview process was with the head of the department, followed by a panel meeting with the Account Director. There was also a brief introduction to one of the other heads of the department.

Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arc Worldwide in June 2009.

I was initially ontacted via the LinkedIn web site. And after a few phone interviews, I was invited to the office to have 5 individual interviews, taking up about a half-day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when it was difficult to get along with an employee. And what did you do about it?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I took a better offer. In addition I didn't support client I would be working on.