ArcSight

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcSight in September 2010.

Interview Details – I went to the job fair and had a screening interview. After about a week later they call me for on site interview. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview. I walked in the building and sign in with front desk receptionist and was told my interview will be in 15 minutes. About 20 or 25 minutes later one of their manager came and told me that the interview is cancelled for that day but someone will contact me shortly to reschedule the interview. I said ok and went back home. Days later I called the contact person I had from email and was told they don't want to continue the interview process with me. There is no reason given.

Interview Question – They are wired people. They didn't even tell me why they don't want to interview me.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ArcSight in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview 3 Virtual conference based interview
Phone interview questions: Compare software versions and return which version is greater
Virtual Interview Questions:
1) linked list has side node which can also have a linked list. Flatten the list(35mins)
2) Java Garbage collection types: Parallal and concurrent garbase collection(5mins)
3) Heap garbase collection behaviour explanation(5mins)
4) Return sub array indexes from an array where sub array element sum is greatest(Email the code)
5) Find a string in a sorted array (20mins)
6) Provide a design and code, non blocking and blocking enqueue and dequeue methods. Where enqueue and dequeue methods will take a parameter to determine if they will be blocking or non-blocking. Make them thread safe also.(45mins total for design , coding, testing code in eclipse)

Software Engineer

Interview Details – 1 phone interview
3 virtual interview with computer conference

Interview Questions

• 1) compare software release versions and return whats greater,   Answer Question
  • 1)nonblocking queue and blocking queue design. make it thread safe
    2) linked list has side list with a side node liked to the main node. Flatten list to sequential regular list
      View Answer
  • 1) find max sum subarray in an array?
    2) find a string in sorted array
      Answer Question
  • java concurrent garbase collection, parallal garbase collection, heap garbase collection behaviour   Answer Question
  • how to get thread dump from command line   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Writer Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcSight in July 2011.

Interview Details – Good people, good office location. You MUST be up-to-date on your software experience (stating you have the knowledge & you pick up software quickly is not good enough for them.) Interview well-planned. Four people had their list of questions, and no question was asked twice. They could have allotted more than the 1/2 hour per person, but that's fine. Good Luck!

TSE Interview

TSE
Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcSight in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was fast and organized.I gave interview with 8 people and one VP of the team.I love the company.When I entered I felt a very young environment and all people I met where really good.They called me onsite twice after one skill test and one phone interview.

Interview Question – Networking concepts,unix commands and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

TSE Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcSight in February 2009.

Interview Details – Basic:

Phone Screen
1:1
Test questions

Negotiation Details – n/a should of negotiated

Java Software Engineer Interview

Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcSight in March 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me and asked about my background. He set up a phone interview with hiring manager in a couple of days. The phone interview consisted of resume questions and questions about data structures. After a few days the recruiter set up an in person interview with the team. There were total of 4 interviews. each interview was 45-50 minutes long. The first interview was with the manager. It consisted of Whiteboarding code. was asked to code the solution for producer consumer problem. Then we discussed about its efficiency and how to make it thread safe. The second interview was with a team member who asked me a networking question on the white board and then gave me a Java string manipulation code(inputiing HTML tags in a scentence). The third interview was on resume and the fourth was on normal Java questions.
I was satisfied with the interview but after 1 week, the recruiter let me know that my skills were not at par with what they were looking for. My advice: Know in and out of Java if you want to get in here.

Interview Questions

• Write a solution for producer consumer problem using any data structure of your choice   Answer Question
  • Write a function to include HTML tags in specific locations in a String.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcSight in June 2010.

Interview Details – The entire hiring process is v.slow , they took few weeks to schedule for an interview after deciding to do a personal interview on site.

The entire interview process consists of just writing programs on the white board even for a Sr Sw Engr position. No questions regarding design or how a problem is approached or the process.

Interview Question – Code to to insert new data for red black trees.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the team and the managers.

Java Engineer Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcSight in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen was very technical. Lots of core Java questions

Interview Question – Java equals use   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcSight in July 2009.

Interview Details – Totally waste of time!

Interview Question – Talk about your current projects.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ArcSight

Worked for ArcSight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ArcSight interview questions and advice in Cupertino, CA. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by ArcSight employees and interview candidates.