ArcSight

ArcSight Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in August 2011.

1 Phone Interview 3 Virtual conference based interview
    Phone interview questions: Compare software versions and return which version is greater
    Virtual Interview Questions:
    1) linked list has side node which can also have a linked list. Flatten the list(35mins)
    2) Java Garbage collection types: Parallal and concurrent garbase collection(5mins)
    3) Heap garbase collection behaviour explanation(5mins)
    4) Return sub array indexes from an array where sub array element sum is greatest(Email the code)
    5) Find a string in a sorted array (20mins)
    6) Provide a design and code, non blocking and blocking enqueue and dequeue methods. Where enqueue and dequeue methods will take a parameter to determine if they will be blocking or non-blocking. Make them thread safe also.(45mins total for design , coding, testing code in eclipse)

1 phone interview
    3 virtual interview with computer conference

Interview Questions
    • 1) compare software release versions and return whats greater,   Answer Question
    • 1)nonblocking queue and blocking queue design. make it thread safe
      2) linked list has side list with a side node liked to the main node. Flatten list to sequential regular list

View Answer
    • 1) find max sum subarray in an array?
      2) find a string in sorted array

Answer Question
    • java concurrent garbase collection, parallal garbase collection, heap garbase collection behaviour   Answer Question
    • how to get thread dump from command line   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcSight in July 2011.

Good people, good office location. You MUST be up-to-date on your software experience (stating you have the knowledge & you pick up software quickly is not good enough for them.) Interview well-planned. Four people had their list of questions, and no question was asked twice. They could have allotted more than the 1/2 hour per person, but that's fine. Good Luck!

TSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArcSight in June 2011.

It was fast and organized.I gave interview with 8 people and one VP of the team.I love the company.When I entered I felt a very young environment and all people I met where really good.They called me onsite twice after one skill test and one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Networking concepts,unix commands and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in September 2010.

I went to the job fair and had a screening interview. After about a week later they call me for on site interview. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview. I walked in the building and sign in with front desk receptionist and was told my interview will be in 15 minutes. About 20 or 25 minutes later one of their manager came and told me that the interview is cancelled for that day but someone will contact me shortly to reschedule the interview. I said ok and went back home. Days later I called the contact person I had from email and was told they don't want to continue the interview process with me. There is no reason given.

Interview Questions
    • They are wired people. They didn't even tell me why they don't want to interview me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in June 2010.

The entire hiring process is v.slow , they took few weeks to schedule for an interview after deciding to do a personal interview on site.

The entire interview process consists of just writing programs on the white board even for a Sr Sw Engr position. No questions regarding design or how a problem is approached or the process.

Interview Questions

Did not like the team and the managers.

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcSight in April 2010.

Phone screen was very technical. Lots of core Java questions

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in March 2010.

The recruiter called me and asked about my background. He set up a phone interview with hiring manager in a couple of days. The phone interview consisted of resume questions and questions about data structures. After a few days the recruiter set up an in person interview with the team. There were total of 4 interviews. each interview was 45-50 minutes long. The first interview was with the manager. It consisted of Whiteboarding code. was asked to code the solution for producer consumer problem. Then we discussed about its efficiency and how to make it thread safe. The second interview was with a team member who asked me a networking question on the white board and then gave me a Java string manipulation code(inputiing HTML tags in a scentence). The third interview was on resume and the fourth was on normal Java questions.
    I was satisfied with the interview but after 1 week, the recruiter let me know that my skills were not at par with what they were looking for. My advice: Know in and out of Java if you want to get in here.

Interview Questions
    • Write a solution for producer consumer problem using any data structure of your choice   Answer Question
    • Write a function to include HTML tags in specific locations in a String.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcSight in July 2009.

Totally waste of time!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in May 2009.

I was initially approached by a Recruiter for ArcSight, who saw my profile on LinkedIn and was referred to me by a colleague I worked with at another company. The recruiter introduced me to the Hiring Manager and arranged an initial phone interview. The phone interview was relatively brief, followed by an in-person interview two weeks later. The in-person interview was scheduled with the Hiring Manager and two other personnel on his team, lasting a total of 2.5 hours, with a mix of questions about my previous work history, relevant knowledge that I could bring to the position and company, and responses to my questions about the role, group, and company. I felt relatively good about the interview, and hope to hear back from the Recruiter/Hiring Manager on their decision/next steps.

One very noticeable aspect of the experience of visiting the office was the display of numerous awards, news clippings, and certifications garnered by the company and its products, as demonstrated in the lobby. The office itself has somewhat of a "warehouse" look and feel - large, boxed, with white walls sans photos/paintings, yet the place seemed comfortable overall, based on the people I observed working there and interacting comfortably with each other in the break room and patio. The people I spoke with said they are set to grow - increase headcount this year across multiple departments including Sales, which is promising, especially considering their impressive sales growth over the past two years. The work culture seems balanced, as far as I could tell, based on conversations with just two-three people and my visual perception of the rest of the personnel in other teams, including engineering. There are multiple open cubicles which are clearly visible from the second floor, where the Marketing group is located. So all in all, it seemed to be an open atmosphere - where you can drop by and ask questions and interact with other team members.

Interview Questions
    • How did you segment the various target customers - Large vs. Medium Enterprise in order to develop a pricing structure/model?   Answer Question