ArcSight Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

3.2

Director Education Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by manager of the position SVP Services, VP Marketing, VP Product Management, peers and CEO. VP Marketing did an excellent presentation of the product and services. Company invited me to their conference to meet several managers and get to know the products and customers. The HR and recruiting director were very helpful and organized the interviews very promptly.

Interview Questions

• Your experience in building a corporate university from grounds up. What are most efficient learning methodologies for ecosystem enablement?   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcSight (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through employee referral got initial 1:1 interview with hiring manager which went well. I was then called for and 5 rounds of onsite interview. 3 days later I got a call from them and was told they would like to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Java, Data Structures, Algorithms and a brain teaser. All were fair and answerable nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

My experience with ArcSight was outside of the formal recruiting process. I had met the hiring manager randomly and they offered me the opportunity to interview for a position that was vacating due to employee promotion within the company. The interview process was fairly informal and focused primarily on potential fit at the company.

Interview Questions

• Please explain how your past experience would translate to this business.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ArcSight.

Interview

One Phone Interview and 6 rounds of Onsite interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

1 Phone Interview 3 Virtual conference based interview Phone interview questions: Compare software versions and return which version is greater Virtual Interview Questions: 1) linked list has side node which can also have a linked list. Flatten the list(35mins) 2) Java Garbage collection types: Parallal and concurrent garbase collection(5mins) 3) Heap garbase collection behaviour explanation(5mins) 4) Return sub array indexes from an array where sub array element sum is greatest(Email the code) 5) Find a string in a sorted array (20mins) 6) Provide a design and code, non blocking and blocking enqueue and dequeue methods. Where enqueue and dequeue methods will take a parameter to determine if they will be blocking or non-blocking. Make them thread safe also.(45mins total for design , coding, testing code in eclipse)

Application

Interview

1 phone interview 3 virtual interview with computer conference

Interview Questions

• 1) compare software release versions and return whats greater,   Answer Question
    • 1)nonblocking queue and blocking queue design. make it thread safe 2) linked list has side list with a side node liked to the main node. Flatten list to sequential regular list   1 Answer
    • 1) find max sum subarray in an array? 2) find a string in sorted array   Answer Question
    • java concurrent garbase collection, parallal garbase collection, heap garbase collection behaviour   Answer Question
    • how to get thread dump from command line   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Good people, good office location. You MUST be up-to-date on your software experience (stating you have the knowledge & you pick up software quickly is not good enough for them.) Interview well-planned. Four people had their list of questions, and no question was asked twice. They could have allotted more than the 1/2 hour per person, but that's fine. Good Luck!

TSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was fast and organized.I gave interview with 8 people and one VP of the team.I love the company.When I entered I felt a very young environment and all people I met where really good.They called me onsite twice after one skill test and one phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Networking concepts,unix commands and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I went to the job fair and had a screening interview. After about a week later they call me for on site interview. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview. I walked in the building and sign in with front desk receptionist and was told my interview will be in 15 minutes. About 20 or 25 minutes later one of their manager came and told me that the interview is cancelled for that day but someone will contact me shortly to reschedule the interview. I said ok and went back home. Days later I called the contact person I had from email and was told they don't want to continue the interview process with me. There is no reason given.

Interview Questions

• They are wired people. They didn't even tell me why they don't want to interview me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcSight (Cupertino, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The entire hiring process is v.slow , they took few weeks to schedule for an interview after deciding to do a personal interview on site. The entire interview process consists of just writing programs on the white board even for a Sr Sw Engr position. No questions regarding design or how a problem is approached or the process.

Interview Questions

Did not like the team and the managers.