ArcSight

ArcSight Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ArcSight.

One Phone Interview and 6 rounds of Onsite interview

Other Interview Reviews for ArcSight

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in August 2011.

1 Phone Interview 3 Virtual conference based interview
    Phone interview questions: Compare software versions and return which version is greater
    Virtual Interview Questions:
    1) linked list has side node which can also have a linked list. Flatten the list(35mins)
    2) Java Garbage collection types: Parallal and concurrent garbase collection(5mins)
    3) Heap garbase collection behaviour explanation(5mins)
    4) Return sub array indexes from an array where sub array element sum is greatest(Email the code)
    5) Find a string in a sorted array (20mins)
    6) Provide a design and code, non blocking and blocking enqueue and dequeue methods. Where enqueue and dequeue methods will take a parameter to determine if they will be blocking or non-blocking. Make them thread safe also.(45mins total for design , coding, testing code in eclipse)

1 phone interview
    3 virtual interview with computer conference

Interview Questions
    • 1) compare software release versions and return whats greater,   Answer Question
    • 1)nonblocking queue and blocking queue design. make it thread safe
      2) linked list has side list with a side node liked to the main node. Flatten list to sequential regular list

View Answer
    • 1) find max sum subarray in an array?
      2) find a string in sorted array

Answer Question
    • java concurrent garbase collection, parallal garbase collection, heap garbase collection behaviour   Answer Question
    • how to get thread dump from command line   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in September 2010.

I went to the job fair and had a screening interview. After about a week later they call me for on site interview. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview. I walked in the building and sign in with front desk receptionist and was told my interview will be in 15 minutes. About 20 or 25 minutes later one of their manager came and told me that the interview is cancelled for that day but someone will contact me shortly to reschedule the interview. I said ok and went back home. Days later I called the contact person I had from email and was told they don't want to continue the interview process with me. There is no reason given.

Interview Questions
    • They are wired people. They didn't even tell me why they don't want to interview me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ArcSight in June 2011.

implement thread safe queue in Java

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArcSight in December 2010.

One of the guys there who interviewed me is very arrogant, he only talked to me 5 minutes, then left me with a piece of paper of technical questions, he also gave me some homework(write a program and email him the code) to do.

Considering a compensation below the industry average, it's totally a waste of time.