Arcadia

Very Easy Interview

RN Interview

RN
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online; had worked there previously. Got the job.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Acquisitions Editor Interview

Acquisitions Editor
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcadia in May 2011.

Interview Details – had about a half an hour phone interview which went very well- a lot of questions about sales situations and how I would handle them- also about comfort level with cold calling. Then there was a panel interview 6 interviewees and 6 interviewers- typical questions about sales- and inquiries into candidate understanding of publishing and what Arcadia does ( half the candidates in the interview did not have a clue) - interview lasted about 1.5 hours- they said they would get back to us in a couple of weeks- we all had to submit credit and background check release forms-
One month later.... a thanks but no thanks email with the ususal we will keep your resume on file-

Interview Question – there are none if you do your homework   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview Details – Initially I handed my CV into the store. I received a phone call asking to come in for an interview on a day that was best for me. On arrival all staff were very polite. I was taken up to the manager's office where I was fairly informally interviewed by 2 members of the management (one trainee). It was a relaxed atmosphere and the interview wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Question – How would you persuade a customer to buy a particular item of clothing they are looking at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate as it was my first job

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview Details – Online tests, phone interview and video interview with HR. Invited for an interview at Head Office where you take a maths test 7 questions in 7 mins, then asked questions whereby you give examples where you have done things in your life.

Interview Question – Most questions were similar so you need to have differing answers so you are not repeating yourself.   Answer Question

Merchandise Administration Assistant Interview

Merchandise Administration Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in September 2011.

Interview Details – -The location for the interview was strange. Just off Oxford street, quite difficult to find building.
-Reception and waiting area was nice, I got called my name taken into a small room.
-Was asked the normal interview questions and it was ok. Then I was given a maths test to do in 10 minutes in silent in a tiny room.
-After that, he took my maths test and gave me case study to do on my own in 10 minutes, and then he came back and asked me what my results were.

Interview Question – Had a case-study to complete, told to analyse stock where and when I would send them. I had to analyse the case-study in 10 minutes on my own and then present my answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia in June 2008.

Interview Details – Normal. Hr first and with the team leader

Interview Question – What is you greatest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Very Easy Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in January 2010.

Interview Details – I handed in my CV as I had heard through friends that they had vacancies available for staff. I received a call three days later asking for me to come for interview. I had a one on one interview with the manager which lasted for twenty minutes, no tests (ie. choosing outfits for potential clients) were conducted. I was asked to briefly describe myself (I talked about what subjects I was studying at college, where I was planning on heading to Uni, my volunteering work, favourite fashions and hobbies), I was asked what I thought the current trends were, what kind of consumer age group the store targeted and so on. I was also asked what kind of customer service I would expect as a customer myself in a store.

Interview Question – What would you describe as your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in November 2011.

Interview Details – straight forward questions about my cv, why finance, why arcadia, competitors, competency questions.. however they seem to be looking for retail experience (which i don't have).. when asked if that was important, the interviewer said that they are expecting retail experience even though i was applying for a financial role..

Interview Question – who are the people you are going to be working with? outside of the finance team.   Answer Question

Buyer Administration Assistant Interview

Buyer Administration Assistant
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in June 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the position online then asked to book a phone interview. The interview took 10-15 minutes.
the questions were
Why would you like to work for Arcadia?
Why would you like to go in buying career?
What are the curent and upcoming trends?
What do you think a BAA will be dealing on a daily basis?
I didnt get the job even though I was well prepared and my answers were very good because I got very nervous and my voice didin't sound very confident and also english is my second language they may think my communication skills were not good enough.

Good luck with yours

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Arcadia?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in June 2009.

Interview Details – they asked about general sales questions,
gave me scenarios and see how i would react and and tackle those issues.
asked what i expect of the wages and etc.
other things they would ask includes team work how i would feel working in a team and what i would do if i faced a problem with other team members.
then they asked how my skills and education would come into the job role if applicable.

Interview Question – What skill sets do you have that fits into the job title?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Arcadia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arcadia interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Arcadia employees and interview candidates.