Arcadia Solutions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

3.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Questions
  • How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer
There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Other Interview Reviews for Arcadia Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2010.

I had a total of two interviews with Arcadia. My first interview I got through on campus recruitment and they had consultants come to campus to do interviews. The interview was around 45 minutes and was half fit/background half case. The interviewer was definitely well prepared. She had highlighted parts and written notes on my cover letter and resume. She asked a range of questions about situations like, describe a time when you worked in a team, to specific questions about past experiences. She was pleasant but firm when asking and was not afraid to push. The case was how much would it cost to make a product for an event. And then we worked through it together. Again she was very patient and it definitely felt like more of a conversation than a grueling interview. I definitely had a good time thinking through the case and enjoyed working through it with her.

I was contacted a week or so after and told that I would have an on-site interview eventually but that they were backed up for a little while. About a month an a half later, I e-mailed some of the people i had been in contact with there and pushed for an interview and I got a response pretty soon after and was brought down about a week later. If you find yourself waiting for a month or so, I would definitely e-mail and push to see if you could have your interview soon.

The on site had 4 parts. A case, an analytical question, a presentation and a social part. The analytical question was about thinking through 2 different health plans. That was really interesting and I felt really happy at the end because everything seemed to click for me at the very end and I felt I had reached a great and satisfying conclusion. My advice with the case would be that if you have a lot of health care background, use what you know but don't let it cloud what the question is asking. Its easily answerable with little to no health background.

Overall my impression of the company was overwhelmingly positive. The interviewers were all actual consultants themselves and they just seemed like very cool interesting people. The company also seemed really young. The best part of the interviews were that they felt like conversations and my interviewers never made me feel stupid or talked down to. The whole experience really affirmed that this would be a great employer and a great fit!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you've had difficulty working in a team. How did you overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2010.

Interviewer was friendly, yet the interview itself was pretty intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in November 2011.

First round was a 1:1 interview with basic fit questions and a simple business case. Second round was onsite and consisted of a business case, an analytic case, a presentation given to two consultants on why you are a good fit for the company, and a lunch with two consultants. Seems like a really great place to work- my advice would be to take your time with the analytic case, as I seriously botched the numbers and was not offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in December 2011.

Did two initial phone screens. During these screens they asked me multiple questions from the walk me through your resume, to an analytical asking me to work through a verbal word problem and come to a numeric solution. The interviewer said the final answer wasnt as important as the approach I took and how I should attack similar problems in the future. Ask a lot of questions and really portray how excited you are to become a part of the company, they love positive people. The onsite was a long day, with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social interview all with different people. They ask a variety of questions and are looking for pure talent it appears.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls would it take to completely fill an airplane?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

The process was quite exciting. The first two rounds were phone interviews. the first one was a fit interview and the second round consisted of behavioral questions and a case interview.
    After this I was given an opportunity to interview at their offices. This was a half day of interviews, the first round on the day was a case interview about a challenging case scenario followed by a presentation about how my experiences would be a good fit for the position. This was followed by a analytical case on the interactions between payers and providers. It was about the possible payment structures of insurance claims between insurance firms and hospitals.
    This was followed by a social with two consultants from the firm. Everyone seems to enjoy working for the firm.

Interview Questions
    • State a situation where you were a part of a team and were challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in January 2011.

Overall the interview process was a good one compared to other companies. I first had a phone screen done by a consultant - it was more about my background experiences. I had a second phone screen a week later with another consultant. This one was more about fit and interests. At the end he asked a short brain teaser questions - how many ping pong balls would fit in a plane. With all brain teaser questions, ask questions and talk it out.

After that they wanted to bring me out to Boston for an in house interview. Took a while to set up because of winter break. This interview consisted for 4 parts:

Presentation - a short powerpoint on how you would make a great fit with Arcadia Solutions.
    Case Study - A short case on a team that is in disarray because a boss left.
    Analytical Case - Comparing two different health care plans - lots of number crunching. Nothing specific about health care since they give you all the information.
    Lunch - a group lunch with two other consultants.

Overall it was a great process and was great meeting everyone there. One tip I would give with any case study would be to talk it out and work with your interviewer to formulate a final answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in August 2011.

The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an in person interview. It was fun, but way too long for a non-senior level position. In-person interview lasted over 5 hours, by the end I just wanted to leave.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in February 2009.

First round interview on campus, interview was an hour long and consisted of a resume screen as well as a short brainteaaser/case interview. Once this round was passed was invited on site for a full day interview that consisted of an analytical case, a business case related to project management a presentation and a group case study as well as a social (lunch) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the ROI of various compensation models and make a recommendation to the client regarding which was better   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

Got interview via a recruiter. The first step in the process was from the hiring manager. Got a talk from them, waited for a week or two and then got called about a second phone screen from another manager. This time, the interview went well so they decided to invite me in for a 6 hour long in-person interview. This interview consisted of 8 people one after another bombarding me with questions, analytics test, social lunch, skills test, personal presentation, experiences, etc...

Interview process wasn't bad but the time frame was too long. Six hour long interview is something that should be for Executive level positions and not for consultants.

Be prepared on situational interview questions regarding management practices, dysfunctional management, analytical tests that includes how to determine which health plan is best for hospital. For this you have to crunch lots of numbers in order to identify which plan should the hospital go after. I'd suggest you understand how healthcare business model works.

Interview Questions

Worked for Arcadia Solutions? Contribute to the Community!