Arcadia Solutions

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an in person interview. It was fun, but way too long for a non-senior level position. In-person interview lasted over 5 hours, by the end I just wanted to leave.

Interview Question – There was a case interview analyzing healthcare data.   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through website, thought I would get at least a first-round since I had work experience and education background in healthcare.

First step was a phone "fit" interview. Basic walk through your resume type questions.

Second step was a longer phone interview with two people on the line. They asked more in-depth questions about my background and how I act in certain situations. They threw in a typical consulting brainteaser like "how would calculate the cost to wash all the windows in San Francisco." Just break it down into measurable steps and be able to explain your logic. For this and the next step, I recommend reviewing case studies or a consulting prep book (which you should be doing anyway if applying to any consulting job).

Third step was in-person interview onsite. There were four stages, one-on-one, lunch, presentation and case-study. Really drawn out and took about 5-6 hours. Dumbest interview setup I have ever seen for entry-level college graduate. I've been to Hedge Fund interviews that take less time and stress.

Great people, but the interview process seemed pretty stupid. Culture was laid-back. Would recommend applying there.

Interview Question – How would you calculate the cost to wash all the windows in San Francisco?   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got interview via a recruiter. The first step in the process was from the hiring manager. Got a talk from them, waited for a week or two and then got called about a second phone screen from another manager. This time, the interview went well so they decided to invite me in for a 6 hour long in-person interview. This interview consisted of 8 people one after another bombarding me with questions, analytics test, social lunch, skills test, personal presentation, experiences, etc...

Interview process wasn't bad but the time frame was too long. Six hour long interview is something that should be for Executive level positions and not for consultants.

Be prepared on situational interview questions regarding management practices, dysfunctional management, analytical tests that includes how to determine which health plan is best for hospital. For this you have to crunch lots of numbers in order to identify which plan should the hospital go after. I'd suggest you understand how healthcare business model works.

Interview Question – How to handle dysfunctional manager?   View Answer

Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process was a good one compared to other companies. I first had a phone screen done by a consultant - it was more about my background experiences. I had a second phone screen a week later with another consultant. This one was more about fit and interests. At the end he asked a short brain teaser questions - how many ping pong balls would fit in a plane. With all brain teaser questions, ask questions and talk it out.

After that they wanted to bring me out to Boston for an in house interview. Took a while to set up because of winter break. This interview consisted for 4 parts:

Presentation - a short powerpoint on how you would make a great fit with Arcadia Solutions.
Case Study - A short case on a team that is in disarray because a boss left.
Analytical Case - Comparing two different health care plans - lots of number crunching. Nothing specific about health care since they give you all the information.
Lunch - a group lunch with two other consultants.

Overall it was a great process and was great meeting everyone there. One tip I would give with any case study would be to talk it out and work with your interviewer to formulate a final answer.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls fit in a plane?   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the Consultant position and got a call within a week. The interviewer went through my resume and asked me to describe my experiences. He also spoke a lot about the company and his role.

Interview Question – Do you think you applied for the right position?   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had a total of two interviews with Arcadia. My first interview I got through on campus recruitment and they had consultants come to campus to do interviews. The interview was around 45 minutes and was half fit/background half case. The interviewer was definitely well prepared. She had highlighted parts and written notes on my cover letter and resume. She asked a range of questions about situations like, describe a time when you worked in a team, to specific questions about past experiences. She was pleasant but firm when asking and was not afraid to push. The case was how much would it cost to make a product for an event. And then we worked through it together. Again she was very patient and it definitely felt like more of a conversation than a grueling interview. I definitely had a good time thinking through the case and enjoyed working through it with her.

I was contacted a week or so after and told that I would have an on-site interview eventually but that they were backed up for a little while. About a month an a half later, I e-mailed some of the people i had been in contact with there and pushed for an interview and I got a response pretty soon after and was brought down about a week later. If you find yourself waiting for a month or so, I would definitely e-mail and push to see if you could have your interview soon.

The on site had 4 parts. A case, an analytical question, a presentation and a social part. The analytical question was about thinking through 2 different health plans. That was really interesting and I felt really happy at the end because everything seemed to click for me at the very end and I felt I had reached a great and satisfying conclusion. My advice with the case would be that if you have a lot of health care background, use what you know but don't let it cloud what the question is asking. Its easily answerable with little to no health background.

Overall my impression of the company was overwhelmingly positive. The interviewers were all actual consultants themselves and they just seemed like very cool interesting people. The company also seemed really young. The best part of the interviews were that they felt like conversations and my interviewers never made me feel stupid or talked down to. The whole experience really affirmed that this would be a great employer and a great fit!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had difficulty working in a team. How did you overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1st round: phone intervew

walking through resume and some fit/behavioral questions

2nd round: phone again

Talk about experiences + a case interview (answer is always: try to discriminate which ones are important over the not important ones)

3rd round: In person (4 hours)

1. presentation
2. case
3. analytical case
4. lunch interview

overall the people seemed ok, albeit not nearly as smart as I thought they would be. I was given the impression that most people were engineering majors but it seems a lof of them don't even have a major in something quantitative (poly sci, SPANISH (lol?))

Interview Questions

• case question involved working with dysfunctional project manager

how do you insure that the project will be completed?
      View Answer
  • what other companies are you interviewing at?   View Answer

Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – First phone interview was in April, which mainly consisted of a resume check and a few behavioral questions. I did not get an invite for a second phone screen until July. The second phone screen was very similar to the first.

I got an invitation for an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview consisted of a Analytical Problem (calculating profits for different healthcare payer/provider structures), Case, Personal presentation and a lunch with two consultants.

I felt that everything except the Analytical interview went very well, unfortunately I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – What would make you a good Arcadia consultant?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Arcadia Solutions

Interview Details – Very arduous interview process. Two phone interviews, then a 4+ hour onsite. Had to meet with over ten different people and go through a presentation, analytic interview, social, etc. It was too much for an experienced consultant. Seemed more appropriate for entry level positions.

Reason for Declining – Better offer at a more established consulting company.

Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in February 2012.

Interview Details – One initial phone screen, mostly to go over my resume. Second round was a 1:1 interview, with some technical questions. The onsite was with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social. With the case I suggest to present all possible scenarios and to weight one against the others. In general they want to see the candidate enthusiastic about their company.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straightforward   Answer Question