Arcadia Solutions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
    2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
    3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
    And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Questions
    • How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2010.

Interviewer was friendly, yet the interview itself was pretty intimidating.

Technical Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2011.

I was recruited by someone through LinkedIn. I went along with it and was interviewed over the phone by a manager. That process was smooth enough, and I was passed along for another phone interview within 2 weeks. The second phone interview was pretty basic with standard interview questions, such as "describe blah blah experience on your resume." I was promoted to the final phone interview. Yes, I had 3 phone interviews. The final phone interview consisted of 2 case questions, which threw me off because they were so unusual. The man asked me "How many golf balls can you fit into a plane?" and "How many times do you run a horse around a track in the most efficient manner?". Three phone interviews is a bit much, so I wasn't upset that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How many times do you allow horses to run around a track in the most efficient manner?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2010.

There were couple of phone interviews focused on behavioral questions including past leadership experiences and project work. Took couple of months to get the call for on-site interview. It was well organized consisting of 3 sessions: 1. Presentation on the already given topic 2. Business case (proj mgmt) 3. Business case (numbers focused). Interviews were followed by informal lunch with couple of employees. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate the profit levels for payers and providers with given types of medical care or tests required for some population. There was a table of different categories of ailments and necessary care, probabilities and cost of those cares.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2012.

Submitted an online application and then completed two phone interviews before coming to the office for a 4 hour-ish in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a bunch of information about a hospital. What does it mean and how could this situation be improved?   Answer Question

Got a similar offer in another city that I preferred to work in.

Data Analyst Interview

Applied through a job board and was contacted within a few days. Had a first phone interview, asked the usual resume questions and then a few riddles. A couple weeks later had another phone interview but only received 10min notice. Spoke to a team leader, again resume questions and then even more riddles. The process was straightforward but how many riddles to I have to solve to make it to the job. It seemed completely unnecessary to keep asking riddles and I did not get a single analytical question. Did not make it to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Resume questions standard and an ungodly number of riddles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in November 2011.

First round was a 1:1 interview with basic fit questions and a simple business case. Second round was onsite and consisted of a business case, an analytic case, a presentation given to two consultants on why you are a good fit for the company, and a lunch with two consultants. Seems like a really great place to work- my advice would be to take your time with the analytic case, as I seriously botched the numbers and was not offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in December 2011.

Did two initial phone screens. During these screens they asked me multiple questions from the walk me through your resume, to an analytical asking me to work through a verbal word problem and come to a numeric solution. The interviewer said the final answer wasnt as important as the approach I took and how I should attack similar problems in the future. Ask a lot of questions and really portray how excited you are to become a part of the company, they love positive people. The onsite was a long day, with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social interview all with different people. They ask a variety of questions and are looking for pure talent it appears.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls would it take to completely fill an airplane?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2010.

I had a total of two interviews with Arcadia. My first interview I got through on campus recruitment and they had consultants come to campus to do interviews. The interview was around 45 minutes and was half fit/background half case. The interviewer was definitely well prepared. She had highlighted parts and written notes on my cover letter and resume. She asked a range of questions about situations like, describe a time when you worked in a team, to specific questions about past experiences. She was pleasant but firm when asking and was not afraid to push. The case was how much would it cost to make a product for an event. And then we worked through it together. Again she was very patient and it definitely felt like more of a conversation than a grueling interview. I definitely had a good time thinking through the case and enjoyed working through it with her.

I was contacted a week or so after and told that I would have an on-site interview eventually but that they were backed up for a little while. About a month an a half later, I e-mailed some of the people i had been in contact with there and pushed for an interview and I got a response pretty soon after and was brought down about a week later. If you find yourself waiting for a month or so, I would definitely e-mail and push to see if you could have your interview soon.

The on site had 4 parts. A case, an analytical question, a presentation and a social part. The analytical question was about thinking through 2 different health plans. That was really interesting and I felt really happy at the end because everything seemed to click for me at the very end and I felt I had reached a great and satisfying conclusion. My advice with the case would be that if you have a lot of health care background, use what you know but don't let it cloud what the question is asking. Its easily answerable with little to no health background.

Overall my impression of the company was overwhelmingly positive. The interviewers were all actual consultants themselves and they just seemed like very cool interesting people. The company also seemed really young. The best part of the interviews were that they felt like conversations and my interviewers never made me feel stupid or talked down to. The whole experience really affirmed that this would be a great employer and a great fit!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you've had difficulty working in a team. How did you overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in January 2011.

Overall the interview process was a good one compared to other companies. I first had a phone screen done by a consultant - it was more about my background experiences. I had a second phone screen a week later with another consultant. This one was more about fit and interests. At the end he asked a short brain teaser questions - how many ping pong balls would fit in a plane. With all brain teaser questions, ask questions and talk it out.

After that they wanted to bring me out to Boston for an in house interview. Took a while to set up because of winter break. This interview consisted for 4 parts:

Presentation - a short powerpoint on how you would make a great fit with Arcadia Solutions.
    Case Study - A short case on a team that is in disarray because a boss left.
    Analytical Case - Comparing two different health care plans - lots of number crunching. Nothing specific about health care since they give you all the information.
    Lunch - a group lunch with two other consultants.

Overall it was a great process and was great meeting everyone there. One tip I would give with any case study would be to talk it out and work with your interviewer to formulate a final answer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Arcadia Solutions? Contribute to the Community!