Arcadia Solutions

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

3.3

Consultant Interview

Very arduous interview process. Two phone interviews, then a 4+ hour onsite. Had to meet with over ten different people and go through a presentation, analytic interview, social, etc. It was too much for an experienced consultant. Seemed more appropriate for entry level positions.

Better offer at a more established consulting company.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Half hour on campus interview. Went through resume, asked why I was interested in the company and the position. Asked me a brain teaser type case question. Time for questions at the end. Asked to do an on site interview. 5 parts: 1. Going over resume/what I know about the company/why I'm interested. 2. Case Study Question 3. Math/technical question 4. Lunch 5. Had to prepare a 20 minute power point presentation as to why I was a good fit for the company. Everyone at the company was very nice, thought interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary for a consulting position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Had a colleague refer me to the company. I received an email a few days after that from HR. HR staff will schedule a phone screening with you initially. They will ask about your interest in the industry. The next interview is a phone interview with one of their Senior Consultants; they'll ask analytic and case questions, but nothing too difficult.

Consultant Interview

I was hired through on campus recruiting. The process was very seamless. They did first round interviews at my school, then a series of interviews at their office in Burlington. The interview process was difficult, but very fair. I would recommend being prepared for both case and analytical type questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised at the importance of the group case. I think this is particularly revealing about how each person will work in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Four interviews - 'Case', 'Analytical', Presentation and 'Social'. The case and analytical are simple versions of any case pratice you've ever done. The 'analytical' focuses on a quantitative approach to choosing a business solution and is very straight forward. The 'Case' focuses instead of more practice project management issues and is easy to walk through. The presentation is merely verbally relating how your resume relates to the job with a powerpoint and the social is just a business lunch.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Salary negotiation was simple enough having them state their preferred compensation first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in October 2012.

Very strange initial process. Was not initially contacted for an interview, then received an e-mail the day before the on campus interviews. Very short, mostly informational (going over resume) and little behavioral interview. No case was worked over during this interview and was intended for a second round apparently. A week later received an email stating that I wasn't chosen for the next round. Overall unclear process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume. Why consulting. Why Arcadia.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2012.

Applied through my school's online job application system, and was invited to interview on campus. Interview consisted of typical questions (tell me about yourself, walking through the resume, "what are you most proud of?", "tell me about a research project"). The interviewers were friendly and talked about the enjoyment they get, the travel involved (4/5 days in the week), the often difficult work week (sometimes 60-80 hours), the young culture, and carving your own path within the company. There was an easy analytic exercise (not quite a case question) at the end of the interview that mostly required using the P = R - C formula. I was notified within the next week that I would not be invited to the next round of on site interviews, and was okay with it considering I wasn't very interested in the travel and long hours involved with the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of accomplishing as an undergraduate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in September 2010.

#1 - On-Campus Interview
    #2 - On-Site Interview (8 Hours)

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls. Fairly straightforward interview process.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2011.

It's a typical consulting firm, if you know what I mean. A great majority of the people had no background in the health care or technology. They learn on the job, and on the customer's dime, a fake it till you make it type of thing. They try to keep things fun by not having a dress code, the ability to drink beer and scotch while working (they have a beer fridge), and are pet friendly. The atmosphere is "technology hipsters". I have strong doubts of their knowledge and leadership.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a list of healthcare options with prices and then give you some word problems to figure the cost. Then they give you a second pricing model and some new problems.   View Answer

They're whole strategy is intimidation. They want to come across as the experts, and you should be honored to join them, when in fact they're expertise is very questionable. On top of this I caught them in several lies pertaining to the details of the offer... They don't pay nearly enough for the hours worked.... I have a good job that pays more now.

Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in February 2012.

One initial phone screen, mostly to go over my resume. Second round was a 1:1 interview, with some technical questions. The onsite was with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social. With the case I suggest to present all possible scenarios and to weight one against the others. In general they want to see the candidate enthusiastic about their company.