Arcadia Solutions

Updated Nov 22, 2014

3.3

Technical Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2014.

As a whole, the experience was good. The process took about a month and a half. I think there were too many interviews, and some of them were repetitive.

1st interview - with an HR, about my interests, background, why arcadia, why healthcare consulting etc.

2nd interview - with a Sr. Consultant, which had behavioral qs. and I had to answer in some detail. They were followed by 3 qs - about sorting in Excel - how you would find the top ten items in a long list say of 100 items or 1000 items without using the usual sort (I think he wanted to just test critical thinking), a brain teaser - angle between hands of a clock when it's 3:15 pm, and there was one more teaser which I don't remember, but this round was fairly good. The brain teasers were easy.

3rd interview - this was with a Consultant, which had behavioral qs and some brain teasers. He again asked me the clock teaser (the exact same question) and another which was something like "how do you find the 2 fastest horses in a group of 12 (I think) by racing them in the least no. of steps"?

4th interview - with a Sr. SQL Developer - who would have been someone I'd report to. Again behavioral and some teasers.

Then I was called for an onsite, which had 5-6 interviews. 1 with HR, 1 with 2 consultants to whom I presented a 20 min thing about myself and why I would be a good fit for the role, 1 with 2 consultants where I was given a healthcare case (this was interesting --> there are 2 healthcare organizations and each has its performance data based on the same set of metrics and you also have the forecasted performance data based on the same metrics of the combined/merged organization. The question was do you think the merger is a good idea?), and then finally a social lunch where typically 1-2 consultants would go out with you. This one was good.

Overall, the process was long, but I only really liked the healthcare case in the onsite interview. They told me these are the kind of cases you could expect on the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. The final case in the onsite interview was more challenging than the phone cases though.

The consultants don't unnecessarily put pressure on you, and trap or corner you. They work with you through the case, give you time to think, and ask you follow-up questions to test your analytical acumen.

Answer Question

I got an offer from another firm which had projects that were closer to my field of interest. Also I could be closer to family.

Technical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in September 2014.

HR recruiter gave me a phone call to make sure my qualification. And then some employee called me for the phone interview. He asked questions on data warehouse and database. Later, he also asked me about C language and Java. That's the most difficult part. Java and C did not written on the Job Description, but I still have to answer that question.

Interview Questions
    • What's the pro and con about Index in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describer you understanding of Normalization in data warehouse.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between Value and Reference in JAVA?   Answer Question
    • What's the data structure in data warehouse?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I was hired through on campus recruiting. The process was very seamless. They did first round interviews at my school, then a series of interviews at their office in Burlington. The interview process was difficult, but very fair. I would recommend being prepared for both case and analytical type questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised at the importance of the group case. I think this is particularly revealing about how each person will work in a group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Had a colleague refer me to the company. I received an email a few days after that from HR. HR staff will schedule a phone screening with you initially. They will ask about your interest in the industry. The next interview is a phone interview with one of their Senior Consultants; they'll ask analytic and case questions, but nothing too difficult.

Data Analyst Interview

Applied through a job board and was contacted within a few days. Had a first phone interview, asked the usual resume questions and then a few riddles. A couple weeks later had another phone interview but only received 10min notice. Spoke to a team leader, again resume questions and then even more riddles. The process was straightforward but how many riddles to I have to solve to make it to the job. It seemed completely unnecessary to keep asking riddles and I did not get a single analytical question. Did not make it to the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Resume questions standard and an ungodly number of riddles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2013.

Previous hiring admin was a wreck, but the folks who do most of the phone screens and the on-site interviews are live employees. They want to work with great people. Despite its flaws, Arcadia has a fairly difficult and competitive hiring process.

1) Informational interview
    2) Phone screen with current consultant. Includes analytical "riddle".
    3) On-site, which many other folks discussed below. Includes behavioral case, analytical case, presentation to sell yourself, and social lunch.

My advice here would be that it's alright to goof up; circle back, acknowledge your error, move through the corrections methodically and quickly. Especially when it comes to math errors.
    And don't let them see you sweat. Clients don't want to see you sweat.

Interview Questions
    • How much does it cost to wash all of the windows in NYC, once each?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation---HR completely bungled the hiring process. That's why the new HR administration is there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Four interviews - 'Case', 'Analytical', Presentation and 'Social'. The case and analytical are simple versions of any case pratice you've ever done. The 'analytical' focuses on a quantitative approach to choosing a business solution and is very straight forward. The 'Case' focuses instead of more practice project management issues and is easy to walk through. The presentation is merely verbally relating how your resume relates to the job with a powerpoint and the social is just a business lunch.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Salary negotiation was simple enough having them state their preferred compensation first.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2012.

Submitted an online application and then completed two phone interviews before coming to the office for a 4 hour-ish in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a bunch of information about a hospital. What does it mean and how could this situation be improved?   Answer Question

Got a similar offer in another city that I preferred to work in.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Three week interview process. My first interview was over phone with a recruiter. The 2nd (over phone) interview a week later, was with one of their consultants. My last interview was in person w/ the team which included a couple of principal consultants and Senior Director.

Interview Questions
    • My advice is to not get nervous. The analytic questions are actually pretty easy, but nerves can get the best of you. It was a good experience and they are really looking to work through and solve the problems together with you during the interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Arcadia Solutions.

Half hour on campus interview. Went through resume, asked why I was interested in the company and the position. Asked me a brain teaser type case question. Time for questions at the end. Asked to do an on site interview. 5 parts: 1. Going over resume/what I know about the company/why I'm interested. 2. Case Study Question 3. Math/technical question 4. Lunch 5. Had to prepare a 20 minute power point presentation as to why I was a good fit for the company. Everyone at the company was very nice, thought interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary for a consulting position.   Answer Question