Arcadia Solutions

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2012.

Interview Details – Overall a very tedious process for a small company to have. Consisted of 2 phone screens then an on-site interview.
On site consisted on a presentation, business case, analytics case and lunch. all in all took about 6 hours.
The Group viewing my presentation kept interrupting while I was talking. That is something they need to work on. other than that it was straight forward.

Interview Question – case about healthcare payer and provider plans   View Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in June 2011.

Interview Details – It's a typical consulting firm, if you know what I mean. A great majority of the people had no background in the health care or technology. They learn on the job, and on the customer's dime, a fake it till you make it type of thing. They try to keep things fun by not having a dress code, the ability to drink beer and scotch while working (they have a beer fridge), and are pet friendly. The atmosphere is "technology hipsters". I have strong doubts of their knowledge and leadership.

Interview Question – They give you a list of healthcare options with prices and then give you some word problems to figure the cost. Then they give you a second pricing model and some new problems.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They're whole strategy is intimidation. They want to come across as the experts, and you should be honored to join them, when in fact they're expertise is very questionable. On top of this I caught them in several lies pertaining to the details of the offer... They don't pay nearly enough for the hours worked.... I have a good job that pays more now.

Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – Did two initial phone screens. During these screens they asked me multiple questions from the walk me through your resume, to an analytical asking me to work through a verbal word problem and come to a numeric solution. The interviewer said the final answer wasnt as important as the approach I took and how I should attack similar problems in the future. Ask a lot of questions and really portray how excited you are to become a part of the company, they love positive people. The onsite was a long day, with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social interview all with different people. They ask a variety of questions and are looking for pure talent it appears.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls would it take to completely fill an airplane?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Burlington, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in November 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a 1:1 interview with basic fit questions and a simple business case. Second round was onsite and consisted of a business case, an analytic case, a presentation given to two consultants on why you are a good fit for the company, and a lunch with two consultants. Seems like a really great place to work- my advice would be to take your time with the analytic case, as I seriously botched the numbers and was not offered a position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an in person interview. It was fun, but way too long for a non-senior level position. In-person interview lasted over 5 hours, by the end I just wanted to leave.

Interview Question – There was a case interview analyzing healthcare data.   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through website, thought I would get at least a first-round since I had work experience and education background in healthcare.

First step was a phone "fit" interview. Basic walk through your resume type questions.

Second step was a longer phone interview with two people on the line. They asked more in-depth questions about my background and how I act in certain situations. They threw in a typical consulting brainteaser like "how would calculate the cost to wash all the windows in San Francisco." Just break it down into measurable steps and be able to explain your logic. For this and the next step, I recommend reviewing case studies or a consulting prep book (which you should be doing anyway if applying to any consulting job).

Third step was in-person interview onsite. There were four stages, one-on-one, lunch, presentation and case-study. Really drawn out and took about 5-6 hours. Dumbest interview setup I have ever seen for entry-level college graduate. I've been to Hedge Fund interviews that take less time and stress.

Great people, but the interview process seemed pretty stupid. Culture was laid-back. Would recommend applying there.

Interview Question – How would you calculate the cost to wash all the windows in San Francisco?   Answer Question

Technical Business Consultant Interview

Technical Business Consultant
Burlington, MA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited by someone through LinkedIn. I went along with it and was interviewed over the phone by a manager. That process was smooth enough, and I was passed along for another phone interview within 2 weeks. The second phone interview was pretty basic with standard interview questions, such as "describe blah blah experience on your resume." I was promoted to the final phone interview. Yes, I had 3 phone interviews. The final phone interview consisted of 2 case questions, which threw me off because they were so unusual. The man asked me "How many golf balls can you fit into a plane?" and "How many times do you run a horse around a track in the most efficient manner?". Three phone interviews is a bit much, so I wasn't upset that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • How many times do you allow horses to run around a track in the most efficient manner?   View Answer

Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in March 2011.

Interview Details – Got interview via a recruiter. The first step in the process was from the hiring manager. Got a talk from them, waited for a week or two and then got called about a second phone screen from another manager. This time, the interview went well so they decided to invite me in for a 6 hour long in-person interview. This interview consisted of 8 people one after another bombarding me with questions, analytics test, social lunch, skills test, personal presentation, experiences, etc...

Interview process wasn't bad but the time frame was too long. Six hour long interview is something that should be for Executive level positions and not for consultants.

Be prepared on situational interview questions regarding management practices, dysfunctional management, analytical tests that includes how to determine which health plan is best for hospital. For this you have to crunch lots of numbers in order to identify which plan should the hospital go after. I'd suggest you understand how healthcare business model works.

Interview Question – How to handle dysfunctional manager?   View Answer

Boston, MA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process was a good one compared to other companies. I first had a phone screen done by a consultant - it was more about my background experiences. I had a second phone screen a week later with another consultant. This one was more about fit and interests. At the end he asked a short brain teaser questions - how many ping pong balls would fit in a plane. With all brain teaser questions, ask questions and talk it out.

After that they wanted to bring me out to Boston for an in house interview. Took a while to set up because of winter break. This interview consisted for 4 parts:

Presentation - a short powerpoint on how you would make a great fit with Arcadia Solutions.
Case Study - A short case on a team that is in disarray because a boss left.
Analytical Case - Comparing two different health care plans - lots of number crunching. Nothing specific about health care since they give you all the information.
Lunch - a group lunch with two other consultants.

Overall it was a great process and was great meeting everyone there. One tip I would give with any case study would be to talk it out and work with your interviewer to formulate a final answer.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls fit in a plane?   Answer Question

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia Solutions in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the Consultant position and got a call within a week. The interviewer went through my resume and asked me to describe my experiences. He also spoke a lot about the company and his role.

Interview Question – Do you think you applied for the right position?   Answer Question