Arcadia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arcadia (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Word of mouth got me the interview. It was very informal, I was asked about my experience, my availability and a chat about current trends. I showed I had prepared by spending time checking out the stock in store before the interview. It lasted about 15 minutes and I was told later in the day I had the job.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview

Initially I had an online maths assessment where you had to complete approximately 14 questions in 20 minutes which was simple enough. There were no questions that were extremely tricky, just questions about percentages etc. Then I had to complete a video interview which involved answering questions in a set time period whilst being recorded. So for instance, I had 30 seconds to read the question and then I had a minute to answer the question. There were only about seven questions in total.

Interview Questions

• Question about the duties of a merchandising assistant   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

A group interview where we had to talk about stylingn an outfit to a persons spec and why we chose what we did. Followed by getting to know about the company and the sales floor(s). After that a 1 on 1 interview discussing your experience and how you would deal with the fast-pace business.

Interview Questions

• How have you shown that you can work well within a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just the hours you could work. I asked for four days but they gave me weekends and now it can't be changed.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Telephone interview first with questions about current trends and giving examples of when you've worked in a team, completed tasks, worked towards a target etc. Then a face to face interview, the same sort of questions. Then had to serve my interviewer as if they were a customer, you get given different choices, I chose a wedding.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked towards a set of rules, have you ever had to go against the rules?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arcadia (Newcastle, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially I handed my CV into the store. I received a phone call asking to come in for an interview on a day that was best for me. On arrival all staff were very polite. I was taken up to the manager's office where I was fairly informally interviewed by 2 members of the management (one trainee). It was a relaxed atmosphere and the interview wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a customer to buy a particular item of clothing they are looking at?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate as it was my first job

Top Level Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia (Wimbledon, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Was more of a chat - taken to Costa for a coffee. After a little chat about my experience in retail, and a little walk through my cv I was asked about my future plans and what i want to achieve. I was then told about the role and training.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview

Online tests, phone interview and video interview with HR. Invited for an interview at Head Office where you take a maths test 7 questions in 7 mins, then asked questions whereby you give examples where you have done things in your life.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were similar so you need to have differing answers so you are not repeating yourself.   Answer Question

Buyer's Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and asked to submit my CV and take part in a telephone interview, which was based around my CV and lasted around 20 minutes. I was given feedback straight away and was invited for a 1-to-1 interview with the recruitment team at Head Office. I had to prepare trend boards for the next season and present how these trends would relate to the Arcadia brands. The interview also included a maths test which was quite straightforward and nothing too scary. The interviewer was lovely and put me at ease straight away. My feedback was detailed and I was given 3 Arcadia brands they thought I would be best matched to and the reasons why. I received the feedback around a week after the interview, I got through to the final stage (which was an interview with the buyer for the chosen brand) but had already had another job offer at that point so didn't go any further in the interview process.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arcadia (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I went into the shop and handed in my CV in. Less than a week she called me saying i have an interview. Personally i think the interview was over the top asking me questions about management when I was only applying for a 4 hour role. Less than a week after the interview I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with customers that are impatient in a busy queue?   Answer Question

Delivery and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I got selected really quickly after showing my interest, simply through a cv drop when the opportunity came up in the store window, where I'd always loved to work and would shop and browse by all the time and was called up by the brand manager giving me a time and date, leaving it rather clique in nature, leaving me to bring what I thought I should bring to the table in a way to make the first impression that I thought was appropriate to match the importance of how I wanted the job in the high ranking if u while retail store. The interview itself was very to the point and relaxed, with the manager rocking up in a vest top and retro glasses! This was the only interview followed by a casual dress 2-day induction period involving health and safety DVDs, tour of the store and till training.

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work for this particular company?   1 Answer
    • What do u know about the company as a whole already?   1 Answer
    • Where do u see yourself in 5 years time?   1 Answer
    • What would u bring to the role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was hardly any negotiation from what I can remember because of the kind of company it is, I was offered 16 hours a week with opportunity for overtime to fill the two vacancies and be responsible for taking in deliveries.