Arcadia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

Interviewed at Arcadia

Interview Details – Telephone interview first with questions about current trends and giving examples of when you've worked in a team, completed tasks, worked towards a target etc. Then a face to face interview, the same sort of questions. Then had to serve my interviewer as if they were a customer, you get given different choices, I chose a wedding.

Interview Question – When have you worked towards a set of rules, have you ever had to go against the rules?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Delivery and Sales Representative Interview

Delivery and Sales Representative
Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got selected really quickly after showing my interest, simply through a cv drop when the opportunity came up in the store window, where I'd always loved to work and would shop and browse by all the time and was called up by the brand manager giving me a time and date, leaving it rather clique in nature, leaving me to bring what I thought I should bring to the table in a way to make the first impression that I thought was appropriate to match the importance of how I wanted the job in the high ranking if u while retail store.
The interview itself was very to the point and relaxed, with the manager rocking up in a vest top and retro glasses!
This was the only interview followed by a casual dress 2-day induction period involving health and safety DVDs, tour of the store and till training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was hardly any negotiation from what I can remember because of the kind of company it is, I was offered 16 hours a week with opportunity for overtime to fill the two vacancies and be responsible for taking in deliveries.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview Details – Initially I handed my CV into the store. I received a phone call asking to come in for an interview on a day that was best for me. On arrival all staff were very polite. I was taken up to the manager's office where I was fairly informally interviewed by 2 members of the management (one trainee). It was a relaxed atmosphere and the interview wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Question – How would you persuade a customer to buy a particular item of clothing they are looking at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate as it was my first job

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Arcadia.

Interview Details – Online tests, phone interview and video interview with HR. Invited for an interview at Head Office where you take a maths test 7 questions in 7 mins, then asked questions whereby you give examples where you have done things in your life.

Interview Question – Most questions were similar so you need to have differing answers so you are not repeating yourself.   Answer Question

Merchandise Administration Assistant Interview

Merchandise Administration Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in September 2011.

Interview Details – -The location for the interview was strange. Just off Oxford street, quite difficult to find building.
-Reception and waiting area was nice, I got called my name taken into a small room.
-Was asked the normal interview questions and it was ok. Then I was given a maths test to do in 10 minutes in silent in a tiny room.
-After that, he took my maths test and gave me case study to do on my own in 10 minutes, and then he came back and asked me what my results were.

Interview Question – Had a case-study to complete, told to analyse stock where and when I would send them. I had to analyse the case-study in 10 minutes on my own and then present my answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arcadia in June 2008.

Interview Details – Normal. Hr first and with the team leader

Interview Question – What is you greatest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Buyer Administration Assistant Interview

Buyer Administration Assistant
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Arcadia in June 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the position online then asked to book a phone interview. The interview took 10-15 minutes.
the questions were
Why would you like to work for Arcadia?
Why would you like to go in buying career?
What are the curent and upcoming trends?
What do you think a BAA will be dealing on a daily basis?
I didnt get the job even though I was well prepared and my answers were very good because I got very nervous and my voice didin't sound very confident and also english is my second language they may think my communication skills were not good enough.

Good luck with yours

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Arcadia?   Answer Question

Worked for Arcadia? Contribute to the Community!