Arcadia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandiser's Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Arcadia.

Initially I had an online maths assessment where you had to complete approximately 14 questions in 20 minutes which was simple enough. There were no questions that were extremely tricky, just questions about percentages etc. Then I had to complete a video interview which involved answering questions in a set time period whilst being recorded. So for instance, I had 30 seconds to read the question and then I had a minute to answer the question. There were only about seven questions in total.

Interview Questions
    • Question about the duties of a merchandising assistant   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Telephone interview first with questions about current trends and giving examples of when you've worked in a team, completed tasks, worked towards a target etc. Then a face to face interview, the same sort of questions. Then had to serve my interviewer as if they were a customer, you get given different choices, I chose a wedding.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked towards a set of rules, have you ever had to go against the rules?   View Answer
    None

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Arcadia.

Initially I handed my CV into the store. I received a phone call asking to come in for an interview on a day that was best for me. On arrival all staff were very polite. I was taken up to the manager's office where I was fairly informally interviewed by 2 members of the management (one trainee). It was a relaxed atmosphere and the interview wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a customer to buy a particular item of clothing they are looking at?   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate as it was my first job

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Arcadia.

Online tests, phone interview and video interview with HR. Invited for an interview at Head Office where you take a maths test 7 questions in 7 mins, then asked questions whereby you give examples where you have done things in your life.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were similar so you need to have differing answers so you are not repeating yourself.   Answer Question

Delivery and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Arcadia in October 2012.

I got selected really quickly after showing my interest, simply through a cv drop when the opportunity came up in the store window, where I'd always loved to work and would shop and browse by all the time and was called up by the brand manager giving me a time and date, leaving it rather clique in nature, leaving me to bring what I thought I should bring to the table in a way to make the first impression that I thought was appropriate to match the importance of how I wanted the job in the high ranking if u while retail store.
    The interview itself was very to the point and relaxed, with the manager rocking up in a vest top and retro glasses!
    This was the only interview followed by a casual dress 2-day induction period involving health and safety DVDs, tour of the store and till training.

Interview Questions
    • Why do u want to work for this particular company?   View Answer
    • What do u know about the company as a whole already?   View Answer
    • Where do u see yourself in 5 years time?   View Answer
    • What would u bring to the role?   Answer Question
    There was hardly any negotiation from what I can remember because of the kind of company it is, I was offered 16 hours a week with opportunity for overtime to fill the two vacancies and be responsible for taking in deliveries.

Merchandise Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Arcadia in September 2011.

-The location for the interview was strange. Just off Oxford street, quite difficult to find building.
    -Reception and waiting area was nice, I got called my name taken into a small room.
    -Was asked the normal interview questions and it was ok. Then I was given a maths test to do in 10 minutes in silent in a tiny room.
    -After that, he took my maths test and gave me case study to do on my own in 10 minutes, and then he came back and asked me what my results were.

Interview Questions
    • Had a case-study to complete, told to analyse stock where and when I would send them. I had to analyse the case-study in 10 minutes on my own and then present my answers.   Answer Question

Buyer Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Arcadia in June 2010.

I initially applied for the position online then asked to book a phone interview. The interview took 10-15 minutes.
    the questions were
    Why would you like to work for Arcadia?
    Why would you like to go in buying career?
    What are the curent and upcoming trends?
    What do you think a BAA will be dealing on a daily basis?
    I didnt get the job even though I was well prepared and my answers were very good because I got very nervous and my voice didin't sound very confident and also english is my second language they may think my communication skills were not good enough.

Good luck with yours

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Arcadia in June 2008.

Normal. Hr first and with the team leader

There wasn't one