Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Arcadia University
- Graduate Assistant (1)
- Assistant Professor (1)
- Network Administrator (1)
- Instructor (General Social Sciences) (1)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in April 2015.
The interviewer, who is the program chair, was cordial and friendly. It lasted approximately 90 minutes, and we discussed my research, previous college teaching experience, and salary expectations. It was very much a conversation and not a painful interview. Bring your CV and samples of your lesson plans, research abstract(s), etc. to help with the process.
- Can you speak about challenges in the classroom? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA).
I was offered the position with the Biology Office through my program, which tries to give all students a couple hours a week. I went to see my future boss and had a small tour and explanation of what I would be doing. I started the next week.
- It was not a typical interview. If I was asked any questions, it was what hours I would be available and questions about things she already mentioned. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Arcadia University (Glenside, PA) in May 2011.
Odd. It felt a bit like I was part of the family, though one faculty member was obnoxious during my interview and another was physically a bit inappropriate (touching me repeatedly).
- Very few questions. Most of the time they just told me about the program and university. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Arcadia University in January 2010.
met with the hiring manager (Director) and another manager. It was relaxed. none of the typical interview questions. Focused on my skill set. for an academic environment i was impressed by the suits they wore. It was also the only place that sent me a snail mail confirming receipt of my app and then one with the typical 'your qualifications were great but ..." i think it would have been a great place to work
- give me an example of a project that didn't go well and how you responded Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review