ArcelorMittal Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview with them at school career fair, had interview the next day. 30 minutes and a few behavioral questions and went over resume as well. Ended up that we weren't looking for the same thing and parted ways almost immediately. Applied for technical internship and they wanted me to basically code for them. Weren't very clear on the opportunities after internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a task at hand and you failed?   Answer Question

Utility Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Job lead from IN Work One in 2011. Contacted march 2012 for personality, intelligence testing, then two, one on one interviews, then drug hair test.

Lastly a weird Pre Employment Assesment which was moving sand bags via wheel barrow for 1/2 hr. What a joke. The hiring process in totally BOGUS.

YOU don't want to work for this company

Interview Questions

• What can be done to improve the sand bag moving process?   1 Answer
    • What can be done to improve the process?   1 Answer

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked for a transcript at the first interview. They respond to you within two weeks.
    The interview consisted of behavioral questions and they asked you to explain all of the things on your resume. Some sample questions were:
    What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
    Name a time when you had to due with an unruly customer or teammate.

Associate Process Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The company was at my campus, and after the preselect, got an HR interview and then there was an onsite interview taken by 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any conflict of opinion with your fellow team members?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

They use the STAR process - same suggested questions in different orders by 3 different people - interview took about 4 hours including the drug screen and a ride around the plant. about 12 people interviewed at the same time and they switched you from room to room - spent about an hour with various department people that did not work in the area they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were forced to make a difficult decision, what did you do.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Chicago, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Found on university job search. Recruiter came to campus to interview candidates. After first-round interview, company flew me out to Indiana for in-person interviews. This included a plant tour and a series of pretty plain/generic interview questions.

I asked many questions about typical hours, pay, promotions, raises, etc and was met with very vague and spotty answers. They ended up being dishonest about working hours.

Interview Questions

• What does making steel have to do with your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

First job out of school, no real negotiations

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Chicago, IN) in October 2007.

Interview

Very easy interview. No specific questions where asked about anything in particular. Similar interview to every other company that uses the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest strength and your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low ball salary on first offer but added $4,000 without much negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal in February 2012.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. The interview felt more like a discussion; hence everything felt much laid back. They asked me about myself and then some technical questions on designing. The interviewer loved the fact that I asked him a lot of questions regarding his career path and the company in general.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in January 2012.

Interview

phone call to make appointment
    face to face interview (basic questions regarding your experience and some behavior questions )
    interview with CFO

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ArcelorMittal in April 2011.

Interview

HR representative called me 30 days after I have applied. 2 phone interviews in the next 14 days, than accepter orally, but the contract received 30 days afterwards.
    Very slow procedure as a whole. Ht inerview went well, but the documentatio process is really slow.
    They dont provide dorms to the emloyees,