ArcelorMittal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview with them at school career fair, had interview the next day. 30 minutes and a few behavioral questions and went over resume as well. Ended up that we weren't looking for the same thing and parted ways almost immediately. Applied for technical internship and they wanted me to basically code for them. Weren't very clear on the opportunities after internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a task at hand and you failed?   Answer Question

Utility Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Job lead from IN Work One in 2011. Contacted march 2012 for personality, intelligence testing, then two, one on one interviews, then drug hair test. Lastly a weird Pre Employment Assesment which was moving sand bags via wheel barrow for 1/2 hr. What a joke. The hiring process in totally BOGUS. YOU don't want to work for this company

Interview Questions

• What can be done to improve the sand bag moving process?   1 Answer
    • What can be done to improve the process?   1 Answer

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked for a transcript at the first interview. They respond to you within two weeks. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and they asked you to explain all of the things on your resume. Some sample questions were: What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment? Name a time when you had to due with an unruly customer or teammate.

Associate Process Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The company was at my campus, and after the preselect, got an HR interview and then there was an onsite interview taken by 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any conflict of opinion with your fellow team members?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Burns Harbor, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

They use the STAR process - same suggested questions in different orders by 3 different people - interview took about 4 hours including the drug screen and a ride around the plant. about 12 people interviewed at the same time and they switched you from room to room - spent about an hour with various department people that did not work in the area they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you were forced to make a difficult decision, what did you do.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Chicago, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Found on university job search. Recruiter came to campus to interview candidates. After first-round interview, company flew me out to Indiana for in-person interviews. This included a plant tour and a series of pretty plain/generic interview questions. I asked many questions about typical hours, pay, promotions, raises, etc and was met with very vague and spotty answers. They ended up being dishonest about working hours.

Interview Questions

• What does making steel have to do with your career goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

First job out of school, no real negotiations

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (East Chicago, IN) in October 2007.

Interview

Very easy interview. No specific questions where asked about anything in particular. Similar interview to every other company that uses the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest strength and your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low ball salary on first offer but added $4,000 without much negotiation.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

Generally 3-5 rounds of interviews. Typically follow the interview pattern for strategy consulting houses such as McKinsey, BCG. Each interview is 45-60 mins. First 10-20 minutes personal interview followed by a case interview

Interview Questions

• Why strategy? Why do you think that you are the right candidate for this job? Give me an example of a work in which you have shown high level of analytical abilities. Tell me about a situation where you have to convince others about your view point and align them with yours   Answer Question

Stagiaire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal (Paris (France)) in January 2015.

Interview

L'entretien s'est déroulé selon un processus pré défini comprenant le commentaire d'une publication scientifique pour faire support sur le sujet du stage. Ensuite nous avons échangé sur mon parcours, mes envies et les besoins de l'entreprise. L'entretien s'est déroulé de manière classique.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal in February 2012.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. The interview felt more like a discussion; hence everything felt much laid back. They asked me about myself and then some technical questions on designing. The interviewer loved the fact that I asked him a lot of questions regarding his career path and the company in general.