ArcelorMittal Interview Questions

2.3

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in April 2010.

Found on university job search. Recruiter came to campus to interview candidates. After first-round interview, company flew me out to Indiana for in-person interviews. This included a plant tour and a series of pretty plain/generic interview questions.

I asked many questions about typical hours, pay, promotions, raises, etc and was met with very vague and spotty answers. They ended up being dishonest about working hours.

Interview Questions
    • What does making steel have to do with your career goals?   Answer Question
    First job out of school, no real negotiations

Utility Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in May 2012.

Job lead from IN Work One in 2011. Contacted march 2012 for personality, intelligence testing, then two, one on one interviews, then drug hair test.

Lastly a weird Pre Employment Assesment which was moving sand bags via wheel barrow for 1/2 hr. What a joke. The hiring process in totally BOGUS.

YOU don't want to work for this company

Interview Questions
    • What can be done to improve the sand bag moving process?   View Answer
    • What can be done to improve the process?   View Answer

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in February 2012.

They asked for a transcript at the first interview. They respond to you within two weeks.
    The interview consisted of behavioral questions and they asked you to explain all of the things on your resume. Some sample questions were:
    What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
    Name a time when you had to due with an unruly customer or teammate.

Associate Process Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in April 2011.

The company was at my campus, and after the preselect, got an HR interview and then there was an onsite interview taken by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any conflict of opinion with your fellow team members?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in December 2010.

They use the STAR process - same suggested questions in different orders by 3 different people - interview took about 4 hours including the drug screen and a ride around the plant. about 12 people interviewed at the same time and they switched you from room to room - spent about an hour with various department people that did not work in the area they were hiring for.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you were forced to make a difficult decision, what did you do.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in October 2007.

Very easy interview. No specific questions where asked about anything in particular. Similar interview to every other company that uses the STAR technique.

Interview Questions
    • Name your biggest strength and your biggest weakness.   View Answer
    Low ball salary on first offer but added $4,000 without much negotiation.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

interviewed at ArcelorMittal in January 2012.

phone call to make appointment
    face to face interview (basic questions regarding your experience and some behavior questions )
    interview with CFO

DIRECTOR PROJECTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in November 2008.

Simple interviw where only my interest was the question and my availability the requirement

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in January 2011.

A mix of technical as well as HR questions were asked. Technical questions were very basic.

Interview Questions
    • How do you rate yourself technically on a scale of 1 to 10?   Answer Question
    Campus Placement meant no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal in February 2012.

It was a very relaxed interview. The interview felt more like a discussion; hence everything felt much laid back. They asked me about myself and then some technical questions on designing. The interviewer loved the fact that I asked him a lot of questions regarding his career path and the company in general.

Interview Questions

Worked for ArcelorMittal? Contribute to the Community!