ArcelorMittal USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Associate Engineer - Mechanical
Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for an initial interview through campus career fair recruitment. Since I was the last entrant, they accommodated me early morning. The interview went great and I received an email I was selected for the on site interview. They paid for the airfare and stay near the Burns Harbor plant, and the other expenses were paid too, however I have yet to receive the reimbursement. The interview was all STAR behavioral questions and then a plant tour which was really informative.

Interview Question – What are some of the most difficult conditions you have had to work in. ( Not that hard, but hard out of the other STAR questions)   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Associate Mechanical Engineer
Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed on campus by an engineer, then I was selected for an onsite tour and series of interviews at Burns Harbor. The company paid for all travel and food expenses associated with the trip. The plant interviews and tour was an all day activity. I was interviewed by 5 different engineers that worked at different plants for ArcelorMittal. Each interview focused on different types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone in authority asked you to do something that you knew violated safety procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because my husband (also an engineer) was given a better offer by a different company in a different state.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Associate Mechanical Engineer
Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in February 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy going, simple interview process. Basic questions about my resume and interest in the company. Went to their information session the night before so I didn't have many questions about the company. The interviewer was an alumni from my school so we made small talk. Most of the interview was done within half an hour.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for ArcelorMittal   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ArcelorMittal USA

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!

ArcelorMittal USA Videos

ArcelorMittal USA – Why Work for Us?

ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading integrated steel and mining company. With more than 260,000 employees in 60 countries, we are the leading supplier of quality steel products in all major markets including… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ArcelorMittal USA Associate Mechanical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by ArcelorMittal USA employees and interview candidates.