ArcelorMittal USA Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview through campus career fair recruitment. Since I was the last entrant, they accommodated me early morning. The interview went great and I received an email I was selected for the on site interview. They paid for the airfare and stay near the Burns Harbor plant, and the other expenses were paid too, however I have yet to receive the reimbursement. The interview was all STAR behavioral questions and then a plant tour which was really informative.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most difficult conditions you have had to work in. ( Not that hard, but hard out of the other STAR questions)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ArcelorMittal USA

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy going, simple interview process. Basic questions about my resume and interest in the company. Went to their information session the night before so I didn't have many questions about the company. The interviewer was an alumni from my school so we made small talk. Most of the interview was done within half an hour.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed on campus by an engineer, then I was selected for an onsite tour and series of interviews at Burns Harbor. The company paid for all travel and food expenses associated with the trip. The plant interviews and tour was an all day activity. I was interviewed by 5 different engineers that worked at different plants for ArcelorMittal. Each interview focused on different types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone in authority asked you to do something that you knew violated safety procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because my husband (also an engineer) was given a better offer by a different company in a different state.