ArcelorMittal USA

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA

Interview Details – I had a first round interview with ArcelorMittal. It was very straightforward with behavioral questions based around leadership and teamwork. The interviewer was casual and friendly. We spent a lot of time going through the different roles and locations that ArcelorMittal has available.

Interview Question – What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in November 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty typical interview process. First interview took place on campus at my university, second round interview took place on site at the company. Very laid back experience. All interviews are behavior based and really not very difficult. Mostly a fit interview. If you have secured the interview, more than likely you are qualified in their eyes. They are now just looking to make sure they would enjoy working next to you. So just be yourself.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions related to competitor information. The steel industry is normally something most young college students have little knowledge about. My suggestion: just do your due diligence to prepare for the interview by researching the company and its competitors and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not attempt to negotiate myself, but I have heard that the ability to negotiate is dependent on which facility you are assigned too. I believe some facilities are willing to budge more so than others. Take your chances, you won't lose your offer over an attempt to negotiate as long as you conduct it professionally.

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in August 2008.

Interview Details – One day, two interviews. The HR intern "forgot" I was supposed to be there, so I caught my interviewers off guard. They didn't really give me a hard time and I was hired shortly after. They had no idea where to place me, though. I sat around for about six weeks until someone had a chance to place me. I was never trained or exposed to the industry despite my efforts. Makes me wish I applied to an accountant position and had a well defined, systematic role. As a Financial Analyst, I actually do more cost accounting, but I suppose it is nice to be involved in different projects with different groups day to day. It keeps things interesting, but sometimes I struggle to find my role.

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!