ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Associate Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN).

Interview

After initial college interview, final interview consisted of three back to back interviews with different people from various parts of the operation. Best interview I have ever had. It was not like a typical interview I had had before, very friendly and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• Situation, Task, Action, Result. (STAR) Make sure you can have situations which you can talk about.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, general questions asked (i.e. about working in a team, a leadership role you had, a time you failed, how you would handle a particular situation, etc.). Interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person, how you handled the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I first submitted an application online. Then was screened to come in and interview on campus. The recruiter was friendly and they explained SAR techniques to me before the interview began. Very general questions about teamwork and improving processes etc. The interview was pleasant and easy overall. I got an offer to move onto the second round, but I had already accepted an offer with a different company. Easy process, nice people, and sounded like they had a good program for their interns.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately an hour. I have a bachelor's degree in physics and was applying for an engineering job so the interview probably wasn't typical for the job. The interviewer wanted to know all about the classes I had taken and my work experiences, particularly the internships I had done. There were a lot of situational questions toward the end - some asked about situations that I had been in and some were imaginary.

Shift Manager - Iron Producing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. They did a great job of working around my schedule. I was little surprised they did drug testing on the same day as the initial interview. I walked away impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• STAR, STAR, and more STAR. Basically, prepare for STAR questions by thinking of teaming, difficult employees, and various supervisor related issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview from a career fair, and within a week I had gotten an offer. It was extremely quick, and painless. One of the fastest offers I've ever received

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest group I worked with for a project? Why were they so difficult?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Process - about month for total, from first computer test, to first working day. Interview - full working day, with lunch provided. Met about 14 people during the day - from HR to my current coworkers and chiefs. Atmosphere was very friendly, it was easy to communicate with guys.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any super-difficult question, as well as something really unexpected. Of course, it is good idea to learn a little bit about company prior to interview and to research some popular questions, like your weaknesses, your 5-years goal etc.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician- Electrical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Applied online then scheduled a test for the electrical position. After taking the test which was scheduled one week in advanced they call the next day to tell whether one passes or fails. Once the test is passed then one goes through two interviews on the same day and once an offer is made then a drug test and background check.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

not sure wasn't too much, interview was short, aybe 5 minutes, then got a call back tat i got the job, so i took it but wish i had a better offer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I talked to them at my university's career fair and they scheduled me for an interview during the fair. The recruiter I talked to was very sincere, answered all my questions to his best extent and really wanted to help students grow. The interview was on campus the next day and was about 4-6 behavioral based questions all STAR format. No technical or creative questions, pure behavioral questions. Some questions were: what was the hardest programming project you have completed, what are your strengths and weaknesses, describe a time where you and group members weren't getting along, describe your leadership experience, and a few more.

Interview Questions

• So you volunteered for a non profit organization, what didn't you like about the organization?   Answer Question