ArcelorMittal USA

51 candidate interviews

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was a basic interview at my campus, I made it to the second round which consisted of 4 interviews with 4 different people from varying backgrounds. We then took a several hour long tour of the entire facility which was pretty long and terrible. Everyone just wanted to get out of there after the interviews.

Interview Questions

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
East Chicago, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in May 2008.

Interview Details – hiring process was smooth, you get a phone interview, followed by a site interview if you are shortlisted. They take care of your flight, accomodation, and other expenses. You deliver a presentation to an open panel of future peers and then do several one-on-one interviews with your department key people and other key people from other departments. Then if all is ok, you get a call within a couple of weeks with an offer letter, with reasonable negotiation allowed.

Interview Question – you will be asked very technical questions in your field and outside as well to show your ability to wotk in a multidiscplinary environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – reasonable

Associate Engineer- Intern Interview

Associate Engineer- Intern
East Chicago, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a pretty straight forward process. I worked on a project for Am through my university. So when i wanted an internship, I asked them and luckily they had an opening.

I was contacted by the HR, I did well in that interview. I was given an offer, because I was recommended by the group I would be working for. So I really do not have too many inputs about the interview process. However, i must mention here that, their full time hiring process is really challenging.

I witnessed three interviews and I can tell that you will be tested on all possible fronts if you want a full time job at AM.

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Financial Analyst Associate
Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details – I first applied through my school's career website. Then, I scheduled an interview on campus about two months later. After the interview, I never heard back from the company, so I just assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a time that you took on too much work and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had a problem that needed to be solved.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Rolla, MO

I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Interview Details – had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Interview Question – how to deal with the boss in specific cases   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair and they asked me to do an on campus interview the next day. I was interviewed by two individuals and they took turns in asking me questions. They stressed it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the manufacturing side?   Answer Question

Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Metallurgical Engineer
Georgetown, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – I saw them at the Career Fair at my university and they were looking for a metallurgical engineer. I got an email from them asking me to come for an interview on campus, it was a very general question, typical asking about my leadership experience and my experience working in a manufacturing environment.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straight forward, the hard one I found to answer was why steel, I should've been prepared for that question I just said some things about my passion for steel and Materials Science but I think they saw right through that.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
State College, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Relatively simple although this is because there are 2 more interviews to go through. I was accepted to work in Chicago and go to the 2nd interview until they saw my transcript which showed a rough freshman year. All questions were pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Supply Chain Associate Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Associate Analyst
East Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first came in contact with Arcelormittal at my school's career fair. I talked to the recruiter there, gave her my resume, and we scheduled an interview the next day. I got to the interview site and waiting in a room full of interviewees for other companies and was soon called in to do the interview. The person who interviewed me just graduated this past year so he was young and energetic. Definitely felt more comfortable than a regular interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you showed your leadership and how did you prosper.   Answer Question

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!