ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2010.

There was a basic interview at my campus, I made it to the second round which consisted of 4 interviews with 4 different people from varying backgrounds. We then took a several hour long tour of the entire facility which was pretty long and terrible. Everyone just wanted to get out of there after the interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

I first applied through my school's career website. Then, I scheduled an interview on campus about two months later. After the interview, I never heard back from the company, so I just assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time that you took on too much work and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had a problem that needed to be solved.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in May 2008.

hiring process was smooth, you get a phone interview, followed by a site interview if you are shortlisted. They take care of your flight, accomodation, and other expenses. You deliver a presentation to an open panel of future peers and then do several one-on-one interviews with your department key people and other key people from other departments. Then if all is ok, you get a call within a couple of weeks with an offer letter, with reasonable negotiation allowed.

Interview Questions
    • you will be asked very technical questions in your field and outside as well to show your ability to wotk in a multidiscplinary environment.   Answer Question
    reasonable

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2012.

The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Engineer- Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2013.

It was a pretty straight forward process. I worked on a project for Am through my university. So when i wanted an internship, I asked them and luckily they had an opening.

I was contacted by the HR, I did well in that interview. I was given an offer, because I was recommended by the group I would be working for. So I really do not have too many inputs about the interview process. However, i must mention here that, their full time hiring process is really challenging.

I witnessed three interviews and I can tell that you will be tested on all possible fronts if you want a full time job at AM.

Associate Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Pretty straightforward interview. They came to my campus for 1:1 interviews and that was it, no second round for the internship program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2013.

They recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question
    They require interns to have a car as public transport isn't available to their plants which was an issue for me but they seemed pretty confident I would be able to arrange a carpool since most interns live in nearby university housing.

Auditing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2009.

Three people each an hour long. Standard process a little slow with offer.

Interview Questions
    Pretty good package offered. great benefits.

Project Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in May 2010.

They use behavioral based interview questions. Each interview lasts for approximately one hour. First interview was on campus for 30 minutes. Three interviews on-site for one hour each. All interviewers were from my field of study and provided feedback about the position, expectations, and job duties. I was given a choice on location with minimal information on each option. I chose the location that I interviewed at because it was the most familiar.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you experienced an unexcepted change. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2012.

Met with the recruiters an a local career fair. Provided my resume and said that I was interested in a position requiring more math (previously I was working as a project manager). Had a follow up phone interview. This led into an interview with three of their employees. Those employees were mostly one level below the VP of purchasing which led to the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was describing something I did in my econometric's class regarding looking at public metro's in different cities, their population densities, and hoping to find some relationship between those and their finances. The person I interviewed then asked me to delve into the details which I wasn't entirely prepared to do (the class was a few years ago), but I muddled through it.   View Answer
    Limited ability to negotiate. I was brought on as a temporary which then turned into a full time offer. Regarding negotiating the full time offer, I checked with my company "mentor" (somebody with lots of experience but outside of your department" about figuring out how competitive it was. As it included a promotion, raise, full-time offer, benefits, etc., he said that I should not use the political capital necessary to get a few minor concessions at the time and take it as is. I did.

Worked for ArcelorMittal USA? Contribute to the Community!