ArcelorMittal USA

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Summer Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Two people. One trainee, one recruiter. Regular interview, including behavior based. Good tone and emotional exchange.

Project Automation Engineer Associate Interview

two interviews. One phone/campus interview and one onsite interview. Usually talking about your project experience in the college.

Financial Analyst Interview

I had a first round interview with ArcelorMittal. It was very straightforward with behavioral questions based around leadership and teamwork. The interviewer was casual and friendly. We spent a lot of time going through the different roles and locations that ArcelorMittal has available.

Process Automation Engineer Interview

3 seperate interviews all one after the other. mostly behavioral questions or questions about things mentioned on resumee. the entire interview process was about three hours long. the interviewers all seemed friendly. There were also questions about strengths and weaknesses, interests, and why I chose the field that I am in.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where it is necessary to ignore safety rules and codes?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Applied for job through university career services. Had the first interview with an older manager and a newer analyst. After a few weeks I received an invite to the East Chicago plant for the final round interview. There were five of us that got invited, we signed in and did our paperwork then went off and did four one on one interviews with different managers of the department. We then had a chance to meet with some of the newer analysts over lunch and ask about the job. A few weeks later I got a call with the offer. Hair drug screen, urine test, and medical exam must be passed prior to your first day.

Interview Questions
    Salary is not negotiable but vacation time is. They will not mention it, but they offer a very generous relocation bonus upon accepting the offer, so don't let that hold you back from accepting.

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Had a pre-night where they told us about the company and then split off into different groups to discuss the sectors

Interview was very conversation and the questions were pretty normal

Electrical Engineer Interen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2014.

hey recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

not sure wasn't too much, interview was short, aybe 5 minutes, then got a call back tat i got the job, so i took it but wish i had a better offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2010.

It was basically all situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • how did you tackle most difficult situation of confrontation ?   Answer Question