ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

2.8

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in October 2013.

I first came in contact with Arcelormittal at my school's career fair. I talked to the recruiter there, gave her my resume, and we scheduled an interview the next day. I got to the interview site and waiting in a room full of interviewees for other companies and was soon called in to do the interview. The person who interviewed me just graduated this past year so he was young and energetic. Definitely felt more comfortable than a regular interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you showed your leadership and how did you prosper.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2012.

The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2012.

Met with the recruiters an a local career fair. Provided my resume and said that I was interested in a position requiring more math (previously I was working as a project manager). Had a follow up phone interview. This led into an interview with three of their employees. Those employees were mostly one level below the VP of purchasing which led to the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was describing something I did in my econometric's class regarding looking at public metro's in different cities, their population densities, and hoping to find some relationship between those and their finances. The person I interviewed then asked me to delve into the details which I wasn't entirely prepared to do (the class was a few years ago), but I muddled through it.   View Answer
    Limited ability to negotiate. I was brought on as a temporary which then turned into a full time offer. Regarding negotiating the full time offer, I checked with my company "mentor" (somebody with lots of experience but outside of your department" about figuring out how competitive it was. As it included a promotion, raise, full-time offer, benefits, etc., he said that I should not use the political capital necessary to get a few minor concessions at the time and take it as is. I did.

Project Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burns Harbor, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in May 2010.

They use behavioral based interview questions. Each interview lasts for approximately one hour. First interview was on campus for 30 minutes. Three interviews on-site for one hour each. All interviewers were from my field of study and provided feedback about the position, expectations, and job duties. I was given a choice on location with minimal information on each option. I chose the location that I interviewed at because it was the most familiar.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you experienced an unexcepted change. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Golden, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Was a brief 30 minute first round and then followed by a site visit in Chicago area with three one hour "talks"

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding metallurgy as I had little metallurgy experience   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

I applied through an on-campus career fair, received a phone call few hours later and arranged an interview the next day on campus.

Process Automation Engineer Interview

3 seperate interviews all one after the other. mostly behavioral questions or questions about things mentioned on resumee. the entire interview process was about three hours long. the interviewers all seemed friendly. There were also questions about strengths and weaknesses, interests, and why I chose the field that I am in.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where it is necessary to ignore safety rules and codes?   Answer Question

New Grad Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Applied during college recruiting job fair, get an interview right away. The first round interview was basic background screen and several behavior questions. I was told will be contacted within two weeks to see if I can get into the second round interview which will be hold at their facility by higher HR recruiter team. Still waiting for next step.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were assigned to a project which you don't have much information and ideas on   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in April 2013.

I went for a face-to-face interview at their facility in Shelby OH. It was an 140 mile round trip with no mileage compensation. I had a decent interview, but never got any feedback. Plus, the interviewers never replied to my emails or phone calls. It seems rude not never provide a reply to a candidate after a face-to-face interview.