ArcelorMittal USA

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Met them at a career fair and they asked me to do an on campus interview the next day. I was interviewed by two individuals and they took turns in asking me questions. They stressed it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in January 2014.

hey recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in October 2013.

I first came in contact with Arcelormittal at my school's career fair. I talked to the recruiter there, gave her my resume, and we scheduled an interview the next day. I got to the interview site and waiting in a room full of interviewees for other companies and was soon called in to do the interview. The person who interviewed me just graduated this past year so he was young and energetic. Definitely felt more comfortable than a regular interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you showed your leadership and how did you prosper.   Answer Question

Process Automation Engineer Interview

3 seperate interviews all one after the other. mostly behavioral questions or questions about things mentioned on resumee. the entire interview process was about three hours long. the interviewers all seemed friendly. There were also questions about strengths and weaknesses, interests, and why I chose the field that I am in.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time where it is necessary to ignore safety rules and codes?   Answer Question

New Grad Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Applied during college recruiting job fair, get an interview right away. The first round interview was basic background screen and several behavior questions. I was told will be contacted within two weeks to see if I can get into the second round interview which will be hold at their facility by higher HR recruiter team. Still waiting for next step.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were assigned to a project which you don't have much information and ideas on   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

I applied through an on-campus career fair, received a phone call few hours later and arranged an interview the next day on campus.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Was a brief 30 minute first round and then followed by a site visit in Chicago area with three one hour "talks"

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding metallurgy as I had little metallurgy experience   View Answer

Process Automation Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

2 phone interviews and 3 on site.
    It consisted of 2 technical interviews based on the resume and 3 HR and safety related questions.There was a drug test and background check later.