ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Had a pre-night where they told us about the company and then split off into different groups to discuss the sectors

Interview was very conversation and the questions were pretty normal

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Applied for job through university career services. Had the first interview with an older manager and a newer analyst. After a few weeks I received an invite to the East Chicago plant for the final round interview. There were five of us that got invited, we signed in and did our paperwork then went off and did four one on one interviews with different managers of the department. We then had a chance to meet with some of the newer analysts over lunch and ask about the job. A few weeks later I got a call with the offer. Hair drug screen, urine test, and medical exam must be passed prior to your first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is not negotiable but vacation time is. They will not mention it, but they offer a very generous relocation bonus upon accepting the offer, so don't let that hold you back from accepting.

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and they asked me to do an on campus interview the next day. I was interviewed by two individuals and they took turns in asking me questions. They stressed it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interen Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (University City, St. Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

hey recruit pretty heavily at my university so I talked to them at the career fair. I got signed up for an interview the next day on the spot. Interviewed one-on-one with a recent alum (about 4-5 years out of school) who first talked about what he has worked on at Arcelor and then asked about my interest in the company and the field, had me walk him through my resume and asked a few specific things about experiences and skills listed. They had 30 minute interview slots booked all day after the career fair and it took up all of it. Saved about 5 min at the end for any questions I had. I talked to three recruiters throughout the whole process and all were extremely sociable and funny.

About 2 weeks later I got a call from an HR manager informing me of the offer and some of the details (Indiana Harbor plant, $17/hr (dependent on graduation year, I'm a sophomore), $1650 living stipend for the summer) and followed up shortly after with an email with the full offer.

Interview Questions

• He asked about 4-5 behavioral STAR questions; Name a time you worked successfully as part of a group, name a time you had to seek help from someone else, name a time you overcame something unexpected, name a time when you were forced to work in an uncomfortable situation or environment and asked a few follow ups for each one while taking notes. Pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Lansing, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I first came in contact with Arcelormittal at my school's career fair. I talked to the recruiter there, gave her my resume, and we scheduled an interview the next day. I got to the interview site and waiting in a room full of interviewees for other companies and was soon called in to do the interview. The person who interviewed me just graduated this past year so he was young and energetic. Definitely felt more comfortable than a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed your leadership and how did you prosper.   Answer Question

Process Automation Engineer Interview

Interview

3 seperate interviews all one after the other. mostly behavioral questions or questions about things mentioned on resumee. the entire interview process was about three hours long. the interviewers all seemed friendly. There were also questions about strengths and weaknesses, interests, and why I chose the field that I am in.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where it is necessary to ignore safety rules and codes?   Answer Question

New Grad Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Applied during college recruiting job fair, get an interview right away. The first round interview was basic background screen and several behavior questions. I was told will be contacted within two weeks to see if I can get into the second round interview which will be hold at their facility by higher HR recruiter team. Still waiting for next step.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were assigned to a project which you don't have much information and ideas on   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Rolla, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through an on-campus career fair, received a phone call few hours later and arranged an interview the next day on campus.